FF:VIC The Annual Star Walking Midnight to Dawn Dark Zone Event

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by lordvaderFF, Jul 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordvaderFF FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    Actually tried that one day....organised for Coffee in the City...ended up with me, Dags, and one other.....not very promising.

BUT, I'm willing to try it again.
  2. lordvaderFF FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    3 PAGES. [face_dancing]

Wooooooooohoooooooooooo

(Group Hug) [:D]
  3. Vivsta Jedi Padawan

Lol ok so meet each other first, that's fair enough. All I'm saying is it would be awesome to see you guys come along to crazy stuff that starwalking gets going now and then, all in good fun :) Don't let the idea of it being an 'only star wars' event be the reason you dont' go, cause it's not like that.
  4. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Well I would come along. But I think it might be an idea to try and get more people too - like get PoT, Damir, Hawk etc posting again. As you said, a gathering with three people isn't so promising.

EDIT: Forgot about the three pages! W00t! It's been a while... [:D]
  5. evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling

star 7
    Thats it you lot......

its actually like a Forum here......

:eek:

A =D= from your SPAMMY southern neighbours.
  6. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Why, thankyou. We hope to turn it into a more regular occurance, this forum-like state.
  7. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    You know, at one stage, before the rise and rise of SA, Victoria FF had the fastest daily post count of any Oceania forum? Oh lamentable past.

Look, I've been to a few starwalking meets, and even one of these midnight to dawn sessions. They ARE great fun, even if Jet-Eye, Rogue_Product, fatboyslim and I are probably now banned for life after making that 40 year old bloke cry for "cheating" at laser force.

I encourage all you kids to go, if only to meet the likes of Damir et al. for the next Ballarat event.

That chick in the skirt ie. vodka bar, RIP.
  8. Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus

star 5
    Personally I was sadder about the vodka bar. :(

Anyway, the reason I don't go to StarWalking meetings is because I don't necessarily enjoy going out just to talk aout Star Wars - sometimes other topics of conversation are good too.
  9. evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling

star 7
    We have regular SAFF meetings in a social forum.

Most of us were friends from Parsec.

We talk both SW & other stuff.... very social events.

Would LOVE to get a weekend organised with the VicFF, NSWFF, & SAFF.....

wonders if its possible....
  10. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    You know, PoT, I seriously think you should start dumping again. Where are JE and all the old folks when you need them? VicFF really needs posters. There's probably a whole heap of newbies that don't even know about this place yet that are just asking for indoctrination.... [face_devil]

EDIT: Evil, personally, I'd definately be up for an event with SAFF.
  11. evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling

star 7
    [face_mischief]

you guys do realise that most of us SAFFers are are 30+ year old
    kids that have never grown up.

Will try to organise something from this end or get our CR to get things moving.
  12. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Look, I'll talk to JE, maybe we can find a day to just surprise attack this forum and dump away for a whole day.

We used to have competitions on who could post the most in a dump without saying anything of worth until 30 posts later we got bored and opened a bottle of red. ;)
  13. Jet-Eye Jedi Master

star 4
    Then we completed year 12 english, turned 18, got jobs and hurt our heads...

Ah, what wonderful, care free days they were though, staring down the barrel of english essays late at night whilst daring each other to sneak in the 'f-word' or invoking mayhem with Marvin or indeed, dear Shara.

And of course, saying this:

Huggard.
  14. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    It has been far too long since Huggard made an appearance in this forum. Unbelievers have crept in.
  15. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    French Connection United Kingdom
  16. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
  17. Dags Force Ghost

star 3
    Well haven't I stumbled onto something. A week ago this thread only had one post and NOW look at it.

VicFF vs Star Walking, my gawd how the world has turned upside down.

As someone who likes to view things from all sorts of angles, my take on the whole thing is that a VicFF meet is never likely to succeed for two reasons:
    1) People will always find an excuse not to attend.
    2) Face it, you guys are afraid to meet each other in real life away from the keyboard.

Quite honestly, those of you who are arguing that a VicFF dedicated meet should be organised are deluding yourselves. It would never succeed because it would require the "face to face" meeting which is just to "weird" for online fanatics to contemplate. See I know this for a fact because if you guys (excluding LordVaderFF and Vivsta) REALLY wanted to meet each other, you would've done so years ago - and would still be doing so now.

Funnily enough, Star Walking WAS able to crack the online existance of VicFF by getting a number of Forumners(?) to turn up to a couple of our meetings a year or two ago, but it was so obvious that in a social environment the VicFF people simply struggled to understand each other (it was pretty funny seeing a group of VicFF people all standing in a lost clump struggling to say actual words to each other). So after a couple of meetings you all retreated back to the safety of the forum.

So I'm with LordVaderFF on this one in that organising social events for you guys IS a lost cause. Just admit it, you guys don't ever want to meet. You'll talk about holding events for ages but they will never eventuate. Even now in the other thread, it's all about "do we meet here? Do we meet there? What's acceptable? What's not? How about this? What about that?" For crying out loud, just make a date, pick a place and go for it (Normally I'd say, how about Saturday October 8 1pm at a little place in Parkville, but hey let's not go there).

And that whole arguement about Star Walking being too Star Wars focused and VicFF having more interests outside of SW really is a load of garbage. This forum exists for SW fans and you guys by default are SW fans which is why you're here, so where is the distinction and why does it exist?

So, to VicFF, I offer this challenge to you regarding a social meet(s). PROVE ME WRONG (and there's only ONE way you can do that)!

18. Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus

star 5
    *raises eyebrows*

You've got to be kidding me, Dags. I've met countless people from this forum. I'm engaged to someone I met through this place. I can't answer how many of these things I've been to both in Sydney and here.

And yet I (and others who've met each other) are afraid to meet?

I'll remember that when I go home to my fiance tonight and the next time I go to the football with Brutus, and (if it ever happens) the next time I end up in Ballarat with whoever ends up going. :)
  19. Dags Force Ghost

star 3
    I wasn't refering to NSWFF as I know they are a different group who DO mix with the Star Walking crowd. So I have no issues there.

I'm talking about VicFF today. You see I DO know about successful VicFF events because one of them even I ended up going to (which was held specifically to meet you) - and THAT only attracted an attendance of about five people (LordVaderFF, Brutus, Me, you and one other).

In any event, as I said earlier, all I'm asking for is to be proven wrong about VicFF successfully having social meetings/gatherings. As a humble VicFFer myself, I'll be happy to attend. :)
  20. PulsarSkate Ex-Mod

star 7
    Perhaps I missed something of a golden age whee the people in VicFF met up or something, because since I've been kicking around hereabouts, there has been nothing doing besides Sky Walking (and I'm not gonna get into that discussion again because I've said all I can say) and the Ballarat trip. That sounded fun, but I'm not jumping in a car with strangers to go to Ballarat. I'm not a chicken, I just like to know the people I'm travelling with first you know?

I tried to organise a meet at a bar (some where I thought was suitable considering) and nothing doing. I even got the DJ to announce that all Huggardians should meet by the bar!

But if you're right Dags, and people aren't gonna meet up because it'd be awkward, then oh well. This will have been an interesting exercising of making a thread longer than a few posts!
  21. lordvaderFF FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    Actually, Dags just reminded me....we had a lunchtime get together to meet Shara.

This was a chance to meet the person who had been giving people cheek for ages, and the only people that turned up were Dags, Myself, Brutis, The Gatherer, and Shara. No reason why people couldn't come along, they just didn't.

Tell yu what, I'll arrange a meet, I'll pick the place and the time and post it on the board.

If we don't get a better than 80% attendance from the boards, I think we can say Dags is right and I'll go back to advising people here about all the fun other fans are having at other events.
  22. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    Ah, this must have been different to the time Shara came down here and The Gather, Brutus and myself met her and took her around the city then?

We've done things as a group. They work. I've got nothing against SWI, but they're a different entity with a different focus, that's all.
  23. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6

I have to agree with PS. AFAIK I've been around a little longer than her, and I still only remember Star Walking meets. I don't think the newer members (i.e. Skate and I) have even been given a chance to be worthy of your vitriol, Dags, LV and that other person.
  24. Jet-Eye Jedi Master

star 4
    Quite frankly I am never going to one of those meets ever again. There, I said, and I bloody dare you to ask why. The VicFF crew I have met are sensational - Cahill included. Cahill is great, he came out to Ballarat with Mel with Damir Kane and I to see TBM's cool band - hows that going by the way? Hell, we met Mixo. He had his film on and we went there and supported him, hows that for teamwork? I enjoy my random interludes with Damir at uni immenesly, and PoT...well, we go waay back.

But the fact is, I don't post here nearly as regularly as I used to because I have simply lost interest (for no particular reason), and because I don't own a computer per se, so my time in front of the computer screen is bloody minimal. I've been here since '01 so I guess I had to get sick of it at one point..

So yeah, it's true, there was 'something of a golden age' but time moves on huh... its no good!! such is the way of things

Mind you if you have another gig on TBM, let us know, I'm sure that's an excellent means of getting together..
  25. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    That's very kind of you, JE. We do have gigs reasonably often, in fact we have one at the Karova lounge, another place in Ballarat, reasonably soon (i think).

Perhaps though, if we get a gig in Melbourne?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.