FF:VIC The Annual Star Walking Midnight to Dawn Dark Zone Event

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by lordvaderFF, Jul 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Dags, I liked the phantom of the opera get up you were wearing when I first met you, and you're a beautiful auctioner, but it doesn't become you to talk down the VicFF crew as some sort of social inept half-breeds unworthy of StarWalking.

I was one of the few who braved the StarWalking clique a few times, but I don't recall "struggling to talk to one another", in fact, everytime I've been out with VicFFers I would hazard that they've constituted the "life of the party", whatever that may be.

2) Face it, you guys are afraid to meet each other in real life away from the keyboard.

I will excuse such comments as simple ignorance, based on your limited contact with the Victoria FanForce forum and extended community. I have met DarkJediTJ, jedijem, JediJess, HawkNc, Jet-Eye, RogueProduct, fatboyslim, jedimasterdamir, theboogieman, shara82, The Lute, SithlordMixo and even yourself and LordVaderFF on occasion.

This hardly constitutes being "afraid to meet each other away from the keyboard." Despite the ribbing we give him, I'll second Jet-Eye's motion that Cahill is a sensational bloke, Damir is the wind beneath my bloomin' wings, theboogieman and mixo are both pretty good blokes considering they come from ballarat, shara has a cynical wit that can only be described as delicious, and JE, RP and FBS are amongst some of my closest friends.

Perhaps in fact, the reverse is true, and that the StarWalking component of VicFF is afraid to meet outside of their established cliques? But far be it from me to suggest such a thing, but rather simply to remind you that just because their is some discussion now on a meet involving some of the newer blood into the forum, it is not fair to castigate VicFF as some sort of "do nothing" institution.

From Mixo's film festival, to our numerous ballarat road trips, the odd bevy or two in the bar, or even a forum members birthday where many of us rocked up (it's okay Damir, I wont mention you by name) I'd argue that the bulk of VicFF have been more than active.
  2. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Top stuff, PoT.

Just pure and simple, top stuff.
  3. Jet-Eye Jedi Master

star 4
    Indeed ;)

TBM, yeah, whenever you guys get the chance to play in Melbourne let us know matey, because I enjoy this sort of gathering over a dark zone event any day of the week =p
  4. lordvaderFF FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    What the?

Where did you come from stranger?
  5. Dags Force Ghost

star 3
    People were happy when this thread got to 3 pages and now we're on 4. Party time!

I can't remember a post of mine garnishing this much response in such a short timeframe.

LordVaderFF - thanks for reminding me. The Gatherer was indeed the fifth person at that Shara meet.

PoT ---> what can I say, to quote Magneto "you are a god among insects". VicFF definately seems to be a much blossoming social flower than I ever gave it credit for, yet for some reason why do I feel that your experiences on a social level don't reflect those of everyone else on this forum?

So I can't help but be drawn back to my own statements. All I ask is to be proven wrong about what I said. So, let's do it! Let's organise a social event as LordVaderFF suggested and, how's this for a challenge, make it a REGULAR event - after all, we're all friends here are we not? Let's have everyone turn up and I'll be more than happy to retract my clearly misguided statements, and I'll even do it with a smile on my face. After all, what's there to lose?

VicFF, man what would I do without you guys!
  6. lordvaderFF FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    How about "Highway 51" bowling at Kingpin?

The game with the Skittles....man that's fun.
  7. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Bowling is good.

When then? I am exeedingly busy for the next little while, but if you make a date I'll try and work around it. Just don't make it between the 26-30th cos I will be away then.
  8. PulsarSkate Ex-Mod

star 7
    Ditto, this month is no good weekend wise. I can do a week night but I'd need a bit of time to organise a place to stay overnght.

I guess bowling would be alright. Disco bowling even?
  9. Dags Force Ghost

star 3
    Works for me.

I'd suggest a Friday night if that's possible - and everyone else is OK with it.

Gotta love bashin' them skittles! :)

I suggest early in October that way everyone has time to organise themselves.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.