main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Anti-Draft: Where Fast Is Slow and Slow is Fast [Currently: Shurron wins]

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by DarthIntegral, Jan 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    :oops: Sorry, guys. Especially Zizz, since I made you do all that research and it's a forfeit [face_blush] [:D]

And also I just had to edit that three times to make it say what I wanted to 8-}

But I agree on the matches.

2. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002

3. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    No. Kenshin should have been a forfeit, meaning my trump took the win.

NOw...well, this is just bizarre. How was that trump on three different numbers?

4. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Certainly seems like Little John's stick should be enough here. What is this Kintaro fella doing on a draft list?

5. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Yes. Damnit, I'm having so much trouble reading this week :rolleyes:

If you're referring to the Sylvanas trump, because he used four characters in the trump so there are three forfeits.

6. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    No, the last 3 matches have all been Kenshin and Shishio vs someone. Despite it being a 2 person trump.

7. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I messed up the last one. Zelda went in there.

However, I also messed up the forfeit for the Keshin trump, which was in the third round (up against Agatha) so it looks like:

1. Commodus vs Hannibal Lecter (Silence of the Lambs) trumped with DNAmy (Kim Possible)(Unprepared)
    2. Deekin Scalesinger (unprepared) vs Vicious trumped with Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop)
    3. Shishio Makoto TRUMPED with Kenshin Himura forfeit vs Agatha (Minority Report)
    4. Princess Zelda vs Venom trumped with Carnage Forfeit

8. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    ...No. You always call the forfeit second. The trump appears based on which number it sits on appears first.

9. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Goof-up on my part, since I had to switch a couple around to make sure there weren't two forfeits against each other. I think it's just easiest to have it stand the way it is right now.

10. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I've been exceptionally screwy with two peoples' battles, but does anyone else have a comment on their matches?

11. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    There's only one match to comment on. :p

12. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Can anybody answer that question? I've seen nothing to give me the impression that he has any fighting experience at all. Perhaps there were certain episodes where he, like, punched one of his "objectives" in the nose or something?

13. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    I do believe he was on the original animated list, and was kept on because someone wanted to concoct the "most awesome" team ever, with no intention of winning.

14. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    I'm making it official.

[image=http://www.grooveeffect.com/images/lil-john.jpg]

FTW

15. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Well, he is incredibly crafty, if that helps.

16. Maarek-Stele

Maarek-Stele Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2006
    ...time for my amazing comeback?

17. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    True :p

And by the way, I judge for Little John.

18. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
  19. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Eagle's I Did Not Send Nat My Numbers (4) vs. BaSSiL's RRAAAARRL! (1)

Shurron's Anal Leakage: The Team (3) vs. RX's The Frickin' Laser Beams (2)

Aragorn's Shards of Awesome (4) vs. EF's Tim and Eric Awesome Team Great Job! (1)

Bob's The Wet Paper Towels (5) vs. Hammu's Team Nameless (0)

[b]#6[/b].

[b][hl=green][color=white]Stitch (Lilo and Stitch)[/color][/hl] vs. [hl=purple][color=lightpurple]Liquid Snake TRUMPED w/ Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid) FORFEIT [/color][/hl][/b]

[b][hl=deepskyblue][color=white]Link (Link: The Faces of Evil) *not prepared*[/color][/hl] vs. [hl=red][color=hotpink]Mandark (Dexter's Laboratory) UNPREPPED[/color][/hl][/b]

[b][hl=black][color=dimgray]Mog (unprepared)[/color][/hl] vs. [hl=orange][color=white]Norman Bates (Psycho)[/color][/hl][/b]

[b][hl=blue][color=black]Tails trumped with The Joker trumped with Jackleman trumped with Monikan FORFEIT [/color][/hl] vs. [hl=brown][color=orange]Tyler Durden (unprepped)[/color][/hl][/b]

[hr]

[/quote]

20. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Ladies and Gentlemen:

Norman Bates.

And here is Mog. Without Prep(okay, so I realize that this guy, in the beginning of the video, is going around showing you how to get Mog to master his dances, but this is canon stuff. Mog knows how to dance. That's his skill. So all this guy is doing is showing you how to get them. It's not a prep, and it's certainly not Mog at his peak). A couple of things to notice. At around 4:00 in the video, the guy making the video mentions something about Mog's HP. It is 200 more than the next guy at this point in the game. Now, even if these were normal humans, he'd be more resilient than them(he'd be a bit tougher than a normal, physically fit human being, at his worst). But, of course, this is FF, so they're probably a bit tougher, considering the monsters they fight. Even if not, he's more resilient. Anyway, okay, finally at around 5:00, he uses a dance. His main form of attacks that he has pretty well mastered by the end of the game. Anyway, nearer to 6:00, he changes a forest into a desert, then calls up a huge sandstorm that wastes three huge monsters. And that's just, like, one of his attacks. He's got a ton of different ones that can do just about anything, including heal, plus he's pretty quick, and he's not too bad with his spear either.

Who in the world picks Mog for this thing? Seriously.

21. Master_Chief

Master_Chief Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2003
    I do not know FF games. I know most of their characters are too good for this draft, but my friend pushed Mog going on about how all he can do is dance or something. I then followed up with no research.

/failboat.

blah blah blah Bates loses easily.

22. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Your friend does not like you very much.

23. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Before I judge, anything on Link vs. Mandark?

24. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
  25. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Link would probably take the first without too much trouble. Even unprepped he's probably not a very good pick for this draft.

I'll take Mog for the second one. Having not played that particular FF game, I'm going to have to take EF's word on that one. Seems pretty clearcut.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.