main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The anti-Star Wars media bias continues!

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Durwood, Oct 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrEvazan

DrEvazan Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 19, 2002
    because you got to see the original introduction, so you know what he is really like.

2. smauldookie

smauldookie Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    I would loved to have taken a poll back in '97 on how Starwars fans felt on the Greedo Shoots first deal.

3. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Mapper,

The original Star Wars, before it became "A New Hope," WAS art, in the purest form and sense of the word. It was fresh, it was original, it was hailed as the "Best Movie of the Year."

I have an original version, too.

The changes that have been made to the OT were not needed. They were and are, for the most part, just cute gimmicks. Then there are the ones that drastically change character.

But, if you like the SE and can't see the difference, that's your viewpoint.

But this is why the media is seen as bashing Lucas. He went from the pinnacle of his form to sliding downhill. Like (shudder) Orson Welles.

Lady S.

4. smauldookie

smauldookie Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    What i give to get my hands on the untouch and unscrewed OT's on VHS.

5. Rebel Scumb

Rebel Scumb Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    One day I'll have to edit my own version of ANH together. Just for me muhahahahaha!

6. Mapper

Mapper Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2002
    Lady S,

I had a nice big reply to you, but it started just rambling on and making no sense. So I just say this, yes, it is my viewpoint, and it is worth as much as yours, nothing.

Ok, please go back to anguishing over the destruction of "Star Wars" because greedo shot first.

PS,

Dear Mr Lucas,

Please remove the new improved Wampa from ESB, I wish only to remember him as a toy I could never get to stand up for very long.

Thank you.

7. Rebel Scumb

Feb 22, 1999
    Well even GL admits that the wampa was scarier when you didn't see it. I'm fairly indifferent on that issue, but I agree it was creepier

8. DrEvazan

DrEvazan Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 19, 2002
    the wampa was not one of the main characters so its hardly a fair comparison.

and yes i know you were being facetious ;)

9. Ree Yees

Ree Yees Jedi Youngling star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    Only_2, you sound like you don't have any clue at all about filmmaking, the history of STAR WARS or even the movies themselves.

10. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    When you respond to someone who hasn't posted in 5 pages, you might want to cut and paste what you are replying to.

11. JenX

JenX Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2002
    Well, it's good to see that the whole "media bias" thing seems to have died a death. Woohoo! The prequels get bad reviews and so do other films. AOTC is criticised in reviews for Spiderman, Spiderman gets criticised in reviews for AOTC.

But, hey, if we were going to go so spectacularly off topic, couldn't we have gone off topic about...oh, I don't know...JEDI STICKFIGURES?????

C'mon people, aren't you dying to see a stickfigure Phantom Menace Duel of the Fates...or a liitle green StickYoda bouncing around???

We can make this happen!!

12. TokyoXtreme

TokyoXtreme Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2001
    Here is XIAOXIAO's own page I think. There are a few more stickfight movies!!!! More thrills per minute than any Coruscant speeder chase. IMO, of course. Duh.

13. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    The original Star Wars, before it became "A New Hope," WAS art, in the purest form and sense of the word. It was fresh, it was original, it was hailed as the "Best Movie of the Year."
    This is what Lady S said.

Again who the hell cares jsut drop it ok.

Greedo shot 1st no Han did. No Greedo, No Han. Greedo, Han.

Your going to let one small dumb little thing like that ruin the hole SW movies for you.

In fact it's the same with all bashers.

The falaws are so small yet you make them bigger then they really are.

Why?

Also why is your viewponit right and many or an one else who does not care who shot 1st wrong.

If you don't like it fine. But drop all the ager and hate you seem to have for GL.

These also goes out to all bashers stop telling ever one who likes the OT:SE and the PT that we don't know what art is.

Because we do. It's ever bias that you think your right and the PT is bad and eery one else who likes the PT is wrong.

So drop the subject end.

14. Duckman

Duckman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    The media ARE biased against Lucas and Star Wars, bigtime! If you don't believe, you need a dose of realty smacked upside your head!
    How else do you explain magazines like Rolling Stone praising Clones when it first came out but the same critic bashing the film months later after jumping on the nerfherder bandwagon.

15. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    The media ARE biased against Lucas and Star Wars, bigtime! If you don't believe, you need a dose of realty smacked upside your head!
    How else do you explain magazines like Rolling Stone praising Clones when it first came out but the same critic bashing the film months later after jumping on the nerfherder bandwagon.

There are people who will not see this as a bias.

I have a good idea eveer one who likes AOTC. Lets just give up and hate the moive. It's the only why to make the bashers happy.

EDIT: If this is what the bashers wodl like to hear they won't.
    the order in which I like the SW moives.

1) AOTC

2) ESB

3) ANH

4) TPM

5) ROTJ

16. darthmalt16

darthmalt16 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 2000
    I didn't even reallize that the clonetroopers were cgi until I read the first post on this page

17. Rebel Scumb

Feb 22, 1999
    "The media ARE biased against Lucas and Star Wars, bigtime! If you don't believe, you need a dose of realty smacked upside your head!
    How else do you explain magazines like Rolling Stone praising Clones when it first came out but the same critic bashing the film months later after jumping on the nerfherder bandwagon."

Actually I find its more the opposite, people get drawn into the hype for SW, and they really want to support it, but when they saw the movie they didn't like it.

18. JenX

Jul 26, 2002
    anidanami124

Your going to let one small dumb little thing like that ruin the hole SW movies for you.

In fact it's the same with all bashers.

The falaws are so small yet you make them bigger then they really are.

and:

These also goes out to all bashers stop telling ever one who likes the OT:SE and the PT that we don't know what art is.

Because we do. It's ever bias that you think your right and the PT is bad and eery one else who likes the PT is wrong.

Ok, I'm gonna cut you some slack and presume that English isn't your first language, and that you are currently typing your posts on a wobbly table on a boat in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. Now, taking that into account, could I request that you not be quite so sweeping in your comments about bashers? I've never told anyone who likes the OT:SE that they don't know what art is, and I'm getting tired of pointing out that it is not the little flaws in the PT that are stoping me from enjoying them. It is the whooping great flaws coupled with the bad dialogue/acting/plotting/directing/editting/characterisation that is doing that.

But the majority of critics have praised AOTC!!!! I thought one of the defining qualities of a bandwagon was that it had popular support? How is tailoring your responses to fit in with a minority view jumping on a bandwagon????

And can provide some kind of link to this article?

And, if the Rolling Stone critic was biased why the heck would the they have given AOTC a great review in the first place????

And why am I asking Duckman these questions when I know that he isn't going to answer them?

And why do I care when I can see 8 new stickman fighting sequences???? It's like 1999 all over again, but without the disappointment, and the knowledge that I'd never get those two hours and 8 pounds back.

19. Rebel Scumb

Feb 22, 1999
    "Again who the hell cares jsut drop it ok.

Greedo shot 1st no Han did. No Greedo, No Han. Greedo, Han.

Your going to let one small dumb little thing like that ruin the hole SW movies for you"

Your making something really simple seem complicated, and its not just one thing, its a lot of things, this is just the first and best example. The OT is still really good, inspite of a few changes. Sure you can ignore them, but for 20 years we didn't have to.

But when you get to AOTC (or TPM depending who you talk to) these 'little things' start to out way everything else, until the things that are good about the film become the little things that if you blink you miss.

20. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    But your turning small flaws in to a big ones.

big flaws in AOTC were?

I don't see any and don't give me the same old answer over and over and over again.

bad acting. Hello SM had bad acting.

bad CGI. LOTR had bad CGI to.

I don't complain about those. Why because I don't real care I'm not going to let the count less so called flaws draw away from my enjoyment of the moive.

the flaws your talking about are ot that big and don't say that I'm dumb for not seeing them.

again something such the who shot 1st Han or Greedo is a dumb thing to be mad about.

If your going to be mad about that for the rest of your life fine. Let all those who like the the OT:SE and the PT like it leave us alone.

And drop the dumb subject. No one cares. The OT:SE came out in 1997 and your still mad about it. That's a long time to be mad about something.

21. TokyoXtreme

TokyoXtreme Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2001
    Look guys, it's this simple. If you haven't watched those stick-fight movies yet, then you're just hurting yourselves. It's like New Star Wars without the bad bits! I find myself unable to talk back to the monitor when I'm watching them. I'm just glad no one is here to see me talking to my computer. The gunfight battle is hilarious on all levels. Must... watch... again...!

22. Ekenobi

Ekenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2002
    What i give to get my hands on the untouch and unscrewed OT's on VHS.

I have them. :p

23. Rebel Scumb

Feb 22, 1999
    Look, If you enjoy the movie thats fine, it doesn't mean its not bad. I love army of darkness, its a classic bad movie. AOTC is bad because:

1)the editting is choopy at best and most of the dialogue is repetitive and over wriite

2)the plot is barely coherent and makes little or no sense under any examiantion

3)the characters are given little or no motivation to act the way they do: why is anakin obseesed with a girl he hasn't seen in 10 years? why does padme me fall for a creepy murdering stalker? Why have they not seen each other in 10 years if they are both budd buddy with palpatine? why did dooku leave the jedi? why is he evil? why are the seperatist leaving the republic? why does obi-wan resent anakin so much? Why does jango jump into the arena floor when there's a million and one things down there to kill him?

4)Some of you may have been fooled by the CGI stormtroopers/yoda but I sure wasn't

5)GL says on the comentary for TPM that no scene in a movie should serve no purpose, it should serve more then one at the very least. There are a dozen scenes in AOTC which serve NO PURPOSE

6)The characters are portrayed a mean spirited snobs who all hate each other

7) Yoda and C3P) become parodies of their former selves

8)Even more contiuity with the oT is lost

9)There are action scenes like the droid factory which have no real reason behind them but to have more action

10) Large portions of the music are cut and paste from TPM, GL deleted original music that JW wrote and then stuck in old music. I'm saying things like the imperial march where it is a new version, but most of the end battle is music from the podrace.

Oh but there I go, picking at little things...

24. JenX

Jul 26, 2002
    But your turning small flaws in to a big ones.

big flaws in AOTC were?

I don't see any and don't give me the same old answer over and over and over again.

bad acting. Hello SM had bad acting.

bad CGI. LOTR had bad CGI to.

I don't complain about those. Why because I don't real care I'm not going to let the count less so called flaws draw away from my enjoyment of the moive.

the flaws your talking about are ot that big and don't say that I'm dumb for not seeing them.

again something such the who shot 1st Han or Greedo is a dumb thing to be mad about.

If your going to be mad about that for the rest of your life fine. Let all those who like the the OT:SE and the PT like it leave us alone.

And drop the dumb subject. No one cares. The OT:SE came out in 1997 and your still mad about it. That's a long time to be mad about something.

Ok, stop me if this sounds familiar, but I'm gonna cut you some slack and presume that English isn't your first language, and that you are currently typing your posts on a wobbly table on a boat in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. I've never told anyone who likes AOTC that they are dumb, and I'm getting tired of pointing out that it is not the little flaws in the PT that are stoping me from enjoying them. It is the whooping great flaws coupled with the bad dialogue/acting/plotting/directing/editting/characterisation that is doing that.

Do you see what I'm saying? Yes, the PT and the OT have flaws. We agree on this. I'm saying that the PT is more flawed then the OT, and that it has less of the good stuff that the OT had (like good acting, directing, dialogue etc etc etc). I'm saying if the PT had more good stuff it would be a lot easier to overlook the bad stuff. But even overlooking the bad stuff doesn't make TPM and AOTC any better.

You disagree. I get that, I really do. It's called a difference of opinion. What I don't understand is why everyone isn't watching these stick figure films! My god, this shooting one is interactive!!! I just shot a bazooka wielding bad guy in the foot!!!!

I am so gonna fail my degree.

25. Only_2

Only_2 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    And, he was originally planning on making 7, 8 & 9 back then, because he said if Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford had aged well enough, he would use them to play their roles again.

When and where did he say this? ever? PPOR please.

And Ree Yees, are you refering to my recount of ESB answering to Yodaschum's claim that ESB is 400% better than everything else, right? In my opinion, my post is no more ridiculous than Yodaschums, and I don't try to pass off my opinion as a fact. I just made some humorous comments on some of the the things I find annoying about The Grail, er, I mean ESB. Trust me I love ESB as much as you do, but it is FAR from perfect.

And I have never claimed to be a filmmaker, nor do I care to pretend that I know anything about the art or science of it. Some of you should stop pretending to be involved or so knowledgable about filmmaking as well. The conversations might be a little more realistic and people might just actually get along here, god forbid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.