main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The anti-Star Wars media bias continues!

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Durwood, Oct 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    Stop with the Anakin killed kids so he's a bad guy.

Vader is the bad guy. Anakin is the good guy.

Anakin saved Luke not Vader. Vader dead the minute he picked up Palpatine and killed him.

Anakin is the hero not Vader.

2. JenX

JenX Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2002
    Stop with the Anakin killed kids so he's a bad guy.

!!!!!

...and in other news, a young student is recovering in hospital today after being knocked out by her own jaw. Witnesses say the girl had been sitting in front of a computer for some time when her jaw suddenly dropped, hit the floor and bounced back up at a considerable speed, rendering her unconscious. Said one student, who was in the library at the time, "That's the funniest thing I've seen since the Yoda/Dooku duel".

3. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    Good, Bad, he's the one with the ridiculously high Midichlorian count.

4. Only_2

Only_2 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    Hey don't pick on anidumiadi327. Who else would we have around here to give us a good laugh or show us the importance of literacy and critical thinking on an hourly basis?

he he he! Jen, I hope your jaw is feeling better.

5. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    looks in. Leaves and goes back to the thread where people don't bash each other.

6. AnakinSlave

AnakinSlave Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 16, 2002
    looks in and laughs hysterically.

7. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    looks in one last time. Then it hits him. The best thread to be on is the thread that these people don't...

He goes back to that thread. Because at that thread there is only love.

8. Ekenobi

Ekenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2002
    And when you see proof, will you just say something like "even so, it's not really a big deal anyway?" My advice is don't worry about it. The truth? You can't handle the truth.

Yeah your right there. I would not think it is a big deal even if it were true.Becuase it isn't a big deal. Just a small, tiny group is making just a peep about it. You are the only ones complaining. Outside this forum. Not a word about it. I also have not heard anything from JW. So he must be fine with it. So I do not think then it cheapens the movie or is bad. Redundant complaint. Seems everything cheapens or takes away from the movie no matter what it is.

I sure can handle anything. But your nit picking is tiresome. Who realy cares about what he did with the score. It was great!
    What are you going to nitpick next. Just seem to be digging for things.

9. Ekenobi

Ekenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2002
    No music was composed for the Clone War.

Ooook, riiiiight. Hello? the love theme? What was that for? Jaws? Then what am I listening too right now? Pieces of copied and pasted material?!?! It was even in tf.n news in January when JW was done recording. This is bull. I do not believe one bit of that crap.

10. Jedi_Waster

Jedi_Waster Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 1, 2002
    I just thought i'd remind those people with selective memories, that TPM was on the most hyped films in history. GL blew it (or in a slightly less harsh manner, many were disppointed with the film). FOTR was hyped because of the good word from Cannes and early reviews, then great word of mouth. And according to 90% of everyone who's seen it, it delivered. AOTC wasn't as hyped because of the damage done by TPM, it partly failed to deliver (being better than TPM doesn't make it good). Now people are looking forward to the TT more because Jackson hasn't let them down before.

Plus, FOTR is a better movie in almost every aspect and that's why critics the world over love it so much. If you believe that bashers' criticisms of the PT are silly and unfounded, then you should listen to what that 10% say they don't like about FOTR! Boring? You must be part of the MTV generation, quick editing, fast action and stereotypical characters.

Don't insult PJ for being more talented than GL. He isn't a hollywood player... never has been. Whilst GL has changed from his independent roots and gone Hollywood like no other.

11. Shelley

Shelley Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 9, 2001
    I just thought i'd remind those people with selective memories, that TPM was on the most hyped films in history. GL blew it (or in a slightly less harsh manner, many were disppointed with the film).

And many were not. We just never heard about them, because the media didn't focus on them.

FOTR was hyped because of the good word from Cannes and early reviews, then great word of mouth. And according to 90% of everyone who's seen it, it delivered.

And according to 80% of people who saw TPM, it delivered too.

AOTC wasn't as hyped because of the damage done by TPM,

No, it wasn't as hyped because Lucas realized TPM was over-hyped, which was part of the vicious backlash against it. And IMO, he under-hyped AOTC. I hope he finds a happy medium with Episode III.

it partly failed to deliver (being better than TPM doesn't make it good).

TPM was good, and AOTC was, in some ways, better.

Now people are looking forward to the TT more because Jackson hasn't let them down before.

Evidence of this?

Plus, FOTR is a better movie in almost every aspect

It is better in exactly one aspect: the dialogue is better, and that isn't due to Peter Jackson (his ridiculous additions to Tolkien's dialogue: "Let's hunt some orc!" and "No dwarf-tossing!"), it is due to the source material.

and that's why critics the world over love it so much.

Critics the world over are just people with opinions, and it's obvious to me that they were prepared to love FOTR before it even came out.

If you believe that bashers' criticisms of the PT are silly and unfounded, then you should listen to what that 10% say they don't like about FOTR! Boring?

Yes, it was boring.

You must be part of the MTV generation, quick editing, fast action and stereotypical characters.

I don't know if I qualify as the MTV generation--I'm 30--but I thought it was boring as hell. And by the way, the most fervent fans I've seen of FOTR are of the MTV generation. Older people tend more toward "It bored me, but I thought it was good."

Don't insult PJ for being more talented than GL.

He isn't more talented than GL. I criticize him for being an overrated, supremely mediocre director.

He isn't a hollywood player... never has been. Whilst GL has changed from his independent roots and gone Hollywood like no other.

How has he done that?

12. Darth Geist

Darth Geist Jedi Master star 5

Oct 23, 1999
    C'mon, Shelley, you know better than to credit Tolkien with all of LOTR's good dialogue, then blame Jackson for its more questionable bits.

I assume you've read the book, and if you have, then you know that very little of the film's dialogue was copied verbatim; the challenge Jackson faced was to trim down the characters' wordiness while staying true to the spirit of the word--and you seem to agree that he essentially succeeded.

For example, Gandalf's confrontation with Saruman happens entirely off-camera in the book; this sequence's dialogue is entirely new, and features such dramatic quotes as "Tell me, old friend, when did Saruman the Wise abandon reason for madness?" and "I gave you the chance of aiding me willingly, but you have elected the way of pain!"

Likewise, Boromir's description of Mordor, though of course inspired by Tolkien's assorted details, is a new addition to the Council of Elrond scene. Aragorn and Arwen? Brand new. Sauron's taunts? Likewise.

You're much too quick to disregard Jackson's effort and contributions.

13. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    who really cares who was better GL or PJ. They both did a good job.

Just end the dumb debit about who made a better flim. I like both AOTC and FOTR.

14. smauldookie

smauldookie Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    lord of the rings is awsome!

starwars is awsome!

the matrix is awsome!

x-men,spiderman are awsome!

godzilla sucks!

to stay on topic, there is no anti-starwars bias. :D

15. Obi-Can

Obi-Can Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 29, 2002
    To compare Peter Jackson to George Lucas in the context of LOTR and Star Wars is incomprehensible to me. George Lucas conceived, wrote, directed and produced the Star Wars world where as PJ used another writers genius to create his movies. The Hobbit world was already created for him, therefore he doesn't deserve the same level of credit as George.

As far as raw talent goes, George is the king. Peter Jackson could be arguably the better director and perhaps writes better dialogue, but George is the creative genius of the two. Give credit where credit is due here.

I love Star Wars OT and I'm enjoying the PT. HOwever, I admit that so far the PT is no where close to matching the splendor of the original. That doesn't mean it's a bad series/movie, it's just not as good.

Since we haven't seen the rest of PJ's movies, it's too soon to say if he comes close to living up to the greatness of Star Wars, but my bets on George.

16. smauldookie

smauldookie Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    my bets PJ will do the best he can and make TTT & ROTK be as good as FOTR. :D

my bets that GL will do the best he can and make EP-3 as good as AOTC & TPM. :D

17. OgiBenDagi

OgiBenDagi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 31, 2002
    Pssst....Hey buddy. Can you tell me the location of the hidden anti-star wars-media-bias secret base? This R2 unit is carrying important information regarding lucas's new super weapon...Episode III!

18. The_Phantom_Menace

The_Phantom_Menace Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2002
    Obi-Can, I actually think it would be harder to bring a book as well loved and has so many hard core fans to the screen. PJ did an amazing job.
    I can't see any media bias against SW at all.
    The PT is very sub standard. Lucas can do much better.

19. Obi-Can

Obi-Can Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 29, 2002
    Not taking anything away from PJ, making a great movie in this day in age is a great accomplisment. However, creating a world like Star Wars from nothing, as did Tolkien is amazing talent.

Of course it takes a passion for the original text, as well as an unlimited dedication to detail as PJ has demonstrated. He's an amazing film maker.

All I'm saying is that George, not only is an amazing director, producer he's also an incredible writer and creator, which is something that PJ cannot claim.

I agree PT is disappointing thus far, but really how could it not be. There was no way it was going to live up to the OT. HOwever if you take the two films independently, they are good movies. They have flaws, but much less than alot. Also LOTR, in my opinion was way to long. It was boring after the first 2.5 hrs. It just seemed like there was one battle right after another, which was a flaw that many critics noted.

20. Rebel Scumb

Rebel Scumb Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    "No music was composed for the Clone War.

Ooook, riiiiight. Hello? the love theme? What was that for? Jaws? Then what am I listening too right now? Pieces of copied and pasted material?!?! It was even in tf.n news in January when JW was done recording. This is bull. I do not believe one bit of that crap. "

LOL

21. Rebel Scumb

Feb 22, 1999
    "How has he done that?"

With neon scissors.

22. Rebel Scumb

Feb 22, 1999
    "looks in one last time. Then it hits him. The best thread to be on is the thread that these people don't...

He goes back to that thread. Because at that thread there is only love."

PPOR

23. kelgryn

kelgryn Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2001
    For the last time, who cares if PJ did not write the Lord of The Rings. He was the DIRECTOR. Thats not his job. Without him, these movies would not have been made. Period. He fought to get them made. He nailed the films, end of story.
    In order to, once and for all (hopefully), put away with this criticism, I give you Ralph Bakshi's version of the VERY same story. Yes, that steaming turd of a film shows just how BAD the film could have been. Jackson has gained Lucas/Spielberg status for his project. He is making cinematic history.

24. guittarjedi

guittarjedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2002
    Rebel Scumb you seem to be showing signs of "surrounded by idiots" fatigue. The only cure is to stay out of all other threads but the bashers sanctuary for at least 24 hours. 8-}

25. TokyoXtreme

TokyoXtreme Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2001
    For the bashers it is time to eat as well.

When I watch parts I and II of XIAOXIAO's Mutilator saga (it's all Mutilator and it's all good), I find myself not exactly rooting for hero OR boss... no, I just find myself rooting for ass-kicking on all levels, with some great sound effects and cinematography (can that even be the right word for a SWF file?). And certainly, does the man deliver.

I just hope XIAOXIAO doesn't go all PC on us and have the henchman shoot first! I love it when hero snaps his neck from above, or kicks the other guy after he's down and dead. Three cheers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.