main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The anti-Star Wars media bias continues!

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Durwood, Oct 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Only_2,

I hang out on the social thread in Ep. III Spoiler forum and one of the regulars has a co-worker who listens to the 24 hour news on the radio.

She works on Wall Street. She said the cops have implemented a news blackout and are setting up a press conference.

Lady S.

2. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Just caught a news recap on the radio and didn't hear anything about this (yet).
    Wow, the bad news is coming in faster than the news can keep up with it.

3. DrEvazan

DrEvazan Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 19, 2002
    right on cue, Only_2.

4. Only_2

Only_2 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    I aim to please.

5. Rebel Scumb

Rebel Scumb Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    "Yesterday, congress gave the president the power to attack Iraq with or without the UN's approval."

Bush becomes more and more like Palpatine each day.

6. Rebel Scumb

Feb 22, 1999
    I fear for the world.

7. The_Phantom_Menace

The_Phantom_Menace Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2002
    Rebel Scumb, but which is Bush, the master or the apprentice?

8. Rebel Scumb

Feb 22, 1999
    He's darth Texas, Bush senior is the master

9. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Jul 31, 2002
    Rebel Scumb,

Fear for the world! I guess if Dubyah is Darth Texas, that makes Daschle Jar Jar.

Lady S.

10. MobartZmuda

MobartZmuda Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    Does that make Jeb Bush Owen Lars?

11. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    Why does Bush need military power any way? He should just just let America's enemies run rampant and unchecked. I can't wait for another 9/11.

"There can be no peace without victory."
    -President George W. Bush

12. Rebel Scumb

Feb 22, 1999
    Bare in mind that Saddam was brought to power by the USA, and they had no problem with him when he was killing Iranians.

The UN and the other world powers all agree that the US is attacking irrationally. Iraq is no threat, and to date has never done any damage to US other then attacking oil in Kuwait.

America attacking Iraq (yet again) is no different then Osama Bin Laden destroying the world trade center. Innocent civilians will be the ones buried in flame and concrete, and Hussien will escape again as soon as the media coverage dies down, if the US is so bent on killing Saddam whyhaven't they done it yet?

Only_2 and Durwood you boggle me, for people who claim to love the PT so much you miss the single biggest message that GL is putting forth, to be careful the power, especially militant power we hand over to our elected leaders, for by handing the people an enemy to hate, you can quickly make yourself a dictator as Hitler did.

13. smauldookie

smauldookie Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    WOW! :eek: where the hell this thread go to :confused:.

my $.02:

Va. sniper is a freaking punk! :mad:

G.W.Bush has some huge balls! :D (it's about time)

Iraq leader needs to get ready for a beatdown. :)

Where in the world is Osama Bin Ladden? He's harder to find then Waldo.

14. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Jul 31, 2002
    smauldookie,

We can't find Osama because that guy at Arthur Anderson shredded him.

Dictators of the world, look out, Dubyah is coming to get ya.

Lady S.

15. Rebel Scumb

Feb 22, 1999
    He won't rest until he's the only one left!

16. smauldookie

smauldookie Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    damn does A.A. and Enron jerks and their powerfull/fast shredders . :mad: they are our real enemies.

DAMN! those crappy ANGELS just beat the TWINS to take a 2-1 game lead going into game 4 tomorrow. :mad:

17. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    We have SW Misc and Community for these discussions.

18. kelgryn

kelgryn Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2001
    Rebel Scumb...I hope that you are just trolling, and really arent as ignorant as you appear.

You said that that Saddam was brought to power by the US. WRONG. Saddam was a member of the extrememly violent (they executed people on TV) Baathist party that took control in Iraq. Saddam had made a name for himself as a government torturer. Thats right folks...his job was to actually torture people. He eventually took control when he had DOZENS of people killed. The US had no part. Yes the US backed him against Iran. But of course, this was basically a way of getting two enemies to wipe each other out, and Iran was the bigger problem at the time.

Next you say that the US attacking Iraq is no different than bin laden blowing up the trade center. UMMMM....bin laden's GOAL (or at least one of them) is to kill civilians. The US, on the other hand wants to destroy Iraq's army and leadership. As anyone who studies the warfare knows, the US at least ATTEMPTS to keep civilian losses down, when it is possible. Remember, we could drop a tac nuke on his palaces and just end it, but we dont. Comparing what a terrorist does to the actions of the United States is just ignornant. Yes we are the big bad policemen of the world. Yep it pisses off a lot of people, and makes many perhaps jealous. But would you prefer Saddam controlling the Middle East? A true serial killer? This is a man who is absolutely bent on power. Kuwait was just his 1st step. He got smacked down for it because the US (and others) were fast to act. Hmmmm remember WW2 when the US helped save the world from Hitler? Well this time we got involved earlier.

Do I support the president? No. The reason being that I dont like the way the constitution is being tread upon post 9/11. But I do support war to remove saddam. Why? Because the man signed his name to the peace agreement at the end of the gulf war. This allowed him to stay in power. He has failed to live up to his word. His people are starving, and he needs to go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.