main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The "Anti-Theory" Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by petmytauntaun, Dec 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petmytauntaun

petmytauntaun Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 27, 2002
    Nightwalker, you make the comment that "it's too simple..."

Stop and think for a second about what the biggest shock in the Star Wars universe was...Vader being Luke's father...Lucas has made comments that when future generations watch the Saga as a whole, when Vader makes his revelation to Luke in TESB, it won't be shock, but a "He's finally told him" kind of feeling.

I really don't think Lucas is trying to "shock" anyone with anything in the prequels...Has anything in Ep. I or II been truly "shocking"? Not really. Boba Fett a clone? Not shocking, it's been implied for years that he had ties to Stormtroopers, who's predecessors are the Clonetroopers. The Palpatine/Sidious connection (although some still refuse to believe these are the same person) sure isn't anything that couldn't be expected. Anakin getting his arm chopped off? To quote Kenobi, "He's more machine now than man, etc."

Nothing to this point has been a shocker. Many people involved with the prequels, Lucas included have commented on the fact that we know where the characters end up, this is just "how they got there".

If you're looking for a major plot twist in Ep.III, I think you're going to be sorely disappointed...Once again, we know what happens after, we just are going to see the "how"...Hear me now, believe me later, Qui-Gon is not Sifo-Dias. I also don't see Qui-Gon having anything to do w/the creation of the clone army.

DarthQuandry, just to clarify, I don't say Padme "will" die in Ep.III, just that I don't see her as being untouchable. I think it's possible, she "could" die.

2. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    Petmytauntaun,

you assume to much like you already know who it is.How can i believe you if no one has seen ep3.We are all making a statement who it might be, not 'we know who it is'.

You say that vader revealing to luke about the truth was more of a ''he finally told him feeling'.

Not if your watching it the for the first time, as i said who ever would of thought that Vader was Lukes father.

Who would of thought that sifo dias was dooku?everyone does, everyone thinks and expecting that its him coz of all the clues.

Thats why i think it isnt him.

George has left this Sifo Dias as a mystery to find out who it is in ep3.His made it a mystery for a reason.

3. Vettrap

Vettrap Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2003
    you assume to much like you already know who it is.How can i believe you if no one has seen ep3.We are all making a statement who it might be, not 'we know who it is'.

Though I know GL's stance on the EU, numerous resources(Both official and non-official) point to Palpatine being Emperor. Some resources even call the tyrant of the Empire "Emperor Palpatine". I don't know about you, but it'd be too much of a coincidence for there to be two Palpatines.

4. Nightwalker

Mar 12, 2002
    yeah ive heard that there might be a clone of palpatine.

who knows still have a while to see

5. petmytauntaun

Sep 27, 2002
    Nightwalker, I really can't have a civilized discussion with you unless you actually read what I type...
    You said, "You say that vader revealing to luke about the truth was more of a ''he finally told him feeling'."
    No, actually what I said was, "Lucas has made comments that when future generations watch the Saga as a whole, when Vader makes his revelation to Luke in TESB, it won't be shock, but a "He's finally told him" kind of feeling."
    I clearly remember sitting in the theater when TESB first came out and being totally blown away when Luke learned who Vader truly was...I would never say it WAS that type of feeling. George Lucas (You know, the guy who actually came up with this whole crazy Star Wars thing) has said that FUTURE generations when watching the SAGA as a whole (This means all SIX episodes) will have that feeling. I don't necessarily think this is a good thing. I wish he would come up with a way to preserve the mystery, but I don't see that happening.
    My point here was that in my opinion, GL is not going for huge shock in Episodes 1-3. It's a telling of how Anakin got to where he was in the original trilogy. Nothing that has happened in Ep. 1 or 2 has been a huge "shocker", nor does that mean that there has to be one in Episode 3...That's all I'm saying...
    You also state that I assume too much like I already know who it is...I don't claim to know who Sifo-Dias was, but I say with the utmost confidence that it was not Qui-Gon. I think it is you who assume too much making these kinds of leaps in logic.
    So they died around the same time? Ok, so did Darth Maul and some have said he was Sifo-Dias. More than just two deaths around this time. So Qui-Gon had a rebellious nature and used to be Dooku's padawan? Padawan's don't always turn out like their teachers as we can obviously see from the Obi-Wan/Anakin relationship. So the records of Kamino were erased from the archives in the Jedi temple? Could just as easily been that old arrogant library lady, she has access to all the records and dismissed Obi-Wans search without lifting a finger to really help....Hmmmmm (No, I don't really think it was her, just making a point)

I guess we'll see who's right and who's not in just under 800 days...But no amount of debate I've read or been involved in up to this point has been strong enough to convince me of Qui-Gon's duplicity. I just don't see it with the information provided in the films.

6. TenorAprentice

TenorAprentice Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    I agree,

and I don't think that we believe that S-D is Dooku...it seems that most think that there are 2 different people. That S-D was a real person is the most reasonable idea, which means it is probably true.

And I dont' think that GL is keeping this as a surprise for III, but S-D was a character who was mentioned, used, and is now done with...

EDIT: Oh, and the newest planet one...

Kamino = Dagobah?
    How about the trade federation, in an attempt to prevent further production of clone armies, attempts (successfully) to destroy the facilities on Kamino? In fact, it could be one of the major areas where the clone wars is fought. After all the destruction, there'd be not much left on the planet other than scraps and a lot of rain, which could explain the swamp-ness. Additionally, Yoda has been on Kamino before, it's been already erased from the archives, so nobody even would know or care about it after the destruction

lmao!

7. Nightwalker

Mar 12, 2002
    I already know that it will be dooku, but we arent sure not everything is answered yet. That is why i am avoiding dooku and moveing on who else it could be.Clear your mind.

Yes after seeing the saga it will be a ''finally told him feel'' but doesnt mean that lucas is gonna stop there.His a very smart man and knows what he is doing.

i agree with everyone here on what they think and accept there opinions, thers just people who cant.

Lucas can give us more on what we dont know and what we wouldnt expect if he wants to.Which he might do or he mighten.

, we just are going to see the "how"...Hear me now, believe me later, Qui-Gon is not Sifo-Dias.

, believe me later, Qui-Gon is not Sifo-Dias.

You seem so sure that its not him, no one knows till they see ep3.Until then you cant say who sifo dias isnt or is.

Accept other peoples opinion, not everyone is right,this could also mean you.

Till then you cant judge what is right and wrong.

8. petmytauntaun

Sep 27, 2002
    Nightwalker, you said "Until then you cant say who sifo dias isnt or is."

And neither can you...

But we'll see in May of '05 now won't we? :)

Until then, since you and I will never agree on this issue (I suspect you would still argue that Qui-Gon was up to no good even if Ep.III says nothing about any duplicity), I suggest we move the thread along to the next issue. It's not that I can't accept the theories of other people. I can accept them when they make sense. To me, it doesn't make sense for Qui-Gon to be involved in anything shady...In the numerous times I've seen the films, nothing has led me down that thought path.

So...Move along....Move along...

9. Nightwalker

Mar 12, 2002
    LOL LOL LOL

Mypettauntaun i wasnt positive that its qui-gon i havent said anything that i thought it was absulutely him.I have said that its easy that its dooku,which me saying that dooku could be it and that darth maul could be,sidious whatever.

Believe me qui-gon isnt sifo dias

BELIEVE ME QUI-GON ISNT SIFO DIAS

By you saying that, doesnt that mean that its definitely not him.Look up definitely in the dictionary.

As i said dont be so sure,there are many theory's that are flying around to do with sifo dias maybe someone out there has got a good explanation that it could be qui-gon or anyone else that even isnt in the forum.Maybe one that could top everyones including me.

10. petmytauntaun

Sep 27, 2002
    Like I suggested before Nightwalker...This is a line of discussion that is going no where...

As I stated before we will see if I'm right or not in 2005. That's why I said the "believe me later" statement.

But until then, I'm through with this subject line. It's not worth the effort.

So, one again, Move along...Move along.

11. LittleGreenMaster

LittleGreenMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 2002
    OK, Another This Planet PT = That Planet OT thread has popped up again in the 3SA! [face_mischief]
    Kamino to Cloud city! [face_laugh]

Now most of the time I'd just be annoyed [face_devil]
    But this thread is LOL Hysterical! The MODS haven't locked it yet, People are just making fun, Really really funny stuff! :D

And the author said something about Bespin being in the Lando system!! LOL!!! :p

One guys very succint response said it all... "I find your lack of intelligence disturbing" LMAO! :D

P.S. PMTT, That PM was Hysterical :D

12. TenorAprentice

TenorAprentice Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
  13. petmytauntaun

Sep 27, 2002
    Yeah, the thread has been dead for a while. But there will be an upswing to activity soon. Just wait till Lucasfilm starts releasing official info not spoiler related and we'll see lots and lots of crazy things floating around.

Should be a fun ride...

14. Porkins_Dietician

Porkins_Dietician Jedi Master star 1

Jan 16, 2002
    His rough draft script should be hitting the locations soon.

15. Kizakh

Kizakh Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    Wow! Just what the non-spoiler crowd wants!
    [rolls eyes]

16. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    This classic thread doesn't deserve to be on page 10!

Anyone else heard any wacky theories lately?

17. petmytauntaun

Sep 27, 2002
    Greetings from the abyss everyone! I have been away for an extended time due to personal upheaval in my "Real Life", which I won't bore you all with...Just wanted to up my old thread and let anyone who liked it know that I shall return with more later. Take care!

18. JediMasterEllic_Kier

JediMasterEllic_Kier Jedi Master star 3

Nov 17, 2002
    hey tauntaun.....I've had the same issue with "real life". I don't even have time to troll the boards for good trashy rumor and speculation. At least I can up this again and maybe someone will have some good ones.

If your just reading this thread for the first time, start from the beginning. We had a lot of fun here, maybe we can get there again.

Late

19. DarthGrimm

DarthGrimm Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2003
    This is a really fantastic thread. I haven't read everything entirely, so apologies if I cover ground twice.

As far as wacky theories go, there's a truck load of garbage out there --- just read some of the "Spoilers Forum" --- ooops, yeah, that kinda defeats the purpose. I do think however, that there are some great surpises in the PT. For example, a very unexpected plot twist from AOTC --- one which wasn't a surprise because it seems everyone knew about it. That plot twist was the Clones actually fighting with the Jedi on behalf of the Republic. Think about it for a moment. Say you're walking into the movie cold, you've seen the OT, and you've read the title "Attack of the Clones". "Cool" you think, "we're finally gonna see some Jedi kick some Clone ass". And what transpires must make you go, "whoa, I didn't see that coming."

Problem is, even spoiler free people knew about that going into the theaters. I think the next big spoiler in E3 is going to address why Anakin is Darth Sidious' lap-dog. I mean, doesn't that make you wonder?

Oh yeah:

Yes, Sidious = Palpy
    No, Qui Gon is not Sifo Dyas
    No, Vader is not a clone
    Neither is Luke

My God, get hold of yourselves people!

20. Terz

Terz Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2003
    Now that i've seen all 3 Matrix movies I wish that the Star wars saga had a more phylisophical plot.

21. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    Now that I've seen all three Matrix movies, I am glad that the SW movies did not become awful after ANH like that Wachowski brothers nonsense.

22. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Grimm: I didn't know that the clones would fight for the Republic. I was blown away by Lama Su's line: "This army is for the Republic."
    I love that line :)

One thing that bothers me sometimes is that some fans assume that Anakin and Padme will be living on Tatooine at the beginning of EpIII. Like it's a fact! I don't think Tatooine will be in EpIII until the last few minutes.
    Let's face it: Anakin will not have been kicked out of/left the Jedi order!

23. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I was glad to see that no one dismissed my theory about Anakin. Because this theory is so good there is no way it is not real.

Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade Skywalker have another child, and he is stolen by this alien race from the Unknown regions. The aliens take the child back in time and Shimi Skywalker finds the kid. She falls in love with him and refuses to accept that the child is not hers. Her mind get so twisted and clouded by her love that she actually thinks that child is hers. It turns out that the child becomes Anakin Skywalker who is the son of Future Luke and Anakin becomes the father of Luke Skywalker.

It makes perfect sense because
    It explains why Anakin is so strong in the force, both Luke and Mara were his parents
    It also explains the no father thing.

ANd...an ANH line has new meaning

"The Circle is now complete"
    Vader could say in TESB "Luke, your future self will be my father, then I will be brought back in time to become your father. The circle is now complete, when I left you I was but the son, now I am the father!"
    Then Luke could say...
    "Thats not true! Thats impossible"

Anyway on a serious note
    I agree that these theories are far too crazy

Sidious=Palpatine
    Mace/= traitor

-Seldon

Note on Post: In the case that you did not catch it, my theory is not what I actually think.

24. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    I like that theory! You know, it would fit Star Wars, because it has that mythic quality and at the same time, it's very high tech.
    It's a little late for that now, though....

25. sharkboy

sharkboy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2004
    Padme not dying is a crazy theory I know we have the leia line in ROTJ but I am sure Lucas must have a solution to this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.