main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Anti-war movement in the Us & Success of Camp Casey

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Cosonam, Aug 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IkritMan

IkritMan Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 11, 2002
    I'm confident; does this make me the sole arbiter of truth in the world?

2. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    I recieved some user input which requested that this thread return to its original discussion. I certainly contributed to the off-topic discussion, but can we return the focus to this thread?

3. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    At least I now know what an AAV is. :D

4. Aumgn

Aumgn Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 11, 2004
    And I learned from KK that the great majority of experts/scientists are wrong, and that climate change is just pretend, like evolution.

So anyway, Camp Casey's over, isn't it?

5. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Perhaps for now, but as the general unpopularity of the war increases, so will the volume of those who wish to see it end.

Peace,

V-03

6. Aumgn

Aumgn Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 11, 2004
    Well, the country can typically focus on only one Bush failure at a time. Iraq will probably be on the backburner for a bit.

7. severian28

severian28 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 1, 2004
    Its inevitable that people will start combining the Bush Administration with the devastation of Katrina, the rising gas costs, the administrations well documented conflicts of interest with Texas and Saudi oil, and the war and its costs. And they wouldnt be totally wrong to do it either.

8. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    Oh Jabba the dems would've had us over a barrel just like Bush right now and you know it.

Both parties suckle the corporate teet and vice versa.

Augmn
    that the great majority of experts/scientists are wrong, and that climate change is just pretend, like evolution.

They're not wrong but their conclusions are. They're agenda-driven.

Climate-change is not pretend. It is occuring, but the cause of it is not what (most)experts are telling us. The real cause isn't something we can prevent.

9. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Camp Casey is over, thank goodness & with so much going on because of Katrina, perhaps it will be awhile until we hear from Sheehan again.

10. Gonk

Gonk Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 1998

They're not wrong but their conclusions are. They're agenda-driven.

I don't get that, just what would their agendas be? To make governments re-arrange thier populaces and economies at thier say so? That they don't like people so they view thier science so that they will produce outcomes that make life as inconvenient as possible to those who are not involved with scientific procedure? Was thier agenda to upend the energy industry... just because?

I could buy one or two or a dozen more egomaniac scientists. But the amount of converging opinion is too great for me to buy that this is all agenda-driven and kept in place by egomaniac scientists bullying thier peers into one solid view so that thier work can recieve wider publication. There's just not enough egomaniacs with that much pull or that much a majority population in the scientific field who can't stand up to thier own peers.

11. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    No, not the conclusion that it's happening. It is happening. But the conclusion that it's man-made is flawed and agenda-driven. Most of these scientists recieve support from governments. The US and European scientific community is deeply politicized and their conclusions refelct that.

Global-warming is a cyclical event caused by sun-spot activity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.