main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN the anybody that wants to write something but doesn't know what thread to go to thread.

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by chris_sidious, Jan 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obrian93

obrian93 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 24, 2001
    It has been a blinding few months here in PBS-land. Great upheval.

So it turns out I've missed lunch every day for the last few weeks. This, of course, will never do. I've found a solution in a new policy I've recently enacted:

If I'm toiling away at someone's desk when lunchtime comes and goes, I am entitled, at that time, to a snack of my choosing (to be consumed at the aforementioned desk).

Today's snack? A can of squid pieces in hot sauce. Oooohhh the stench.

Methinks my lunch-luck will change tomorrow.

2. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Ewww Obrian that is so gross sounding. But umm yeah...I think that would do the trick.

Today was "Insult Cari Day" at Arvey Paper & supply. I went there to get some supplies, say hi to Delba and Crasta, and they just went on this whole thing involving teasing me for no apparent reason. Oh well, as Crasta said, either it's me or his wife.

That doesn't really make me feel any better..... ;)

3. ANIandAMIDALA4EVER

ANIandAMIDALA4EVER Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    I am going to have a Vice-President for the Paddies now. Since I can't come to the meetings. I don't know who it will be yet, and hope to find out soon.

Check the Paddie Thread for more info!

4. EMERALD_GREENE

EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    THe onlt 2 Padawans i've seen at the meetings were Nick & Zuckuss...

5. zuckuss1138

zuckuss1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
    pee-wees, eg, we prefere to be called pee-wees

6. Jedi_Gepper

Jedi_Gepper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2001
    I'm curious. Why would you prefer pee-wee's to Padawans? I think the latter is a much more respectful title, myself. Perhaps I misinterpreted your intent. Anyway, again, I'm just wondering.

7. EMERALD_GREENE

EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    Some day young Padawans....

8. ANIandAMIDALA4EVER

Oct 15, 2001
    I myself like Paddies. Zuckuss is Vice President now! Congrats Jay!

9. Obi-Wanabe

Obi-Wanabe Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 13, 2001
    Something just compelled me to look up the J. Geils Band on http://allmusic.com.

I'll take obscure 70's references for $800 Alex.

10. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    I thought they were an 80's band. But what do I know, I was born in 1978.

I watched That 80's Show last night. It was really fun, has real potential. i was talking to MysterySith about it and we were figuring out how old we would have been when that show is supposed to be taking place. I was 6!

11. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    So, when I was younger, I used to take the gun turrent out of my Cobra HISS and used it as a hover vehicle when attacking my G.I. Joe's. Little did I know that it would be the precursor to the Trade Federation STAP...now I'm earning nearly $.02 a year for selling the idea to LFL. Fantastico.

12. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    I'm quite frustrated with someone right now. Don't worry, it's not anyone from this group. Just thought I'd share that I'm frustrated though *lesigh*

13. QUEEN-KARENDALA

QUEEN-KARENDALA Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    I had a Star Wars dream the other night... does anyone want to help me interpret it? Okay, here's the short and skinny of the plot:

I'm a pilot with Rogue Squadron and I'm supposed to fly this new fighter with cool controls: you sit back in the cockpit, and there are arms on the chair like a recliner. Your arms hover over the arms of the chair and there are sensors all around it to pick up your slightest movements. By moving your arms in different ways, you control the fighter.

My wingman and I are getting ready to launch to fight an Imperial foe from a ground hanger... my fighter does not get enough lift and I have to land back on the planet in the forest.

Come to find out the fighter is made out of wood and is not airtight... I start complaining about how I could have suffocated and died had my fighter gotten airborn and left the atmosphere. I look up into the sky and think how much I would love to be fighting the battle, but releaved that I touched down safely before dying.

That is where I start to loose the dream. Any thoughts?

14. ANIandAMIDALA4EVER

Oct 15, 2001
    Interesting dream! I once had a dream that I was a Power Ranger! That was one of the coolest dreams I ever had!

15. Jedi_Gepper

Jul 23, 2001
    I have no clue what that dream means. I haven't had many "SW" dreams, curiously. I had one once where I was in the top floor of this skyscraper, surrounded by windows. Out the window, I could see the half completed Death Star encompassed by a raging battle that included...the Enterprise! I know, it's quite disturbing. I don't even want to know what it meant.

16. Jedi_Gepper

Jul 23, 2001
    Here's another comment for Queen Karendala: Did you notice on page 96 of the new "Insider" that the gravity orientation on the Millenium Falcon is discussed to explain how Luke and Han are seated without one of them appearing to be up-side-down? Obviously, the author of the article was sitting in at that particular Book Club meeting, oui?

17. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    You know what? I thought about that same thing when I read that article!

18. QUEEN-KARENDALA

Jan 2, 2001
    Did their article have a cool diagram like mine? :D

19. Jedi_Gepper

Jul 23, 2001
    Alas, it did not have the diagram, so the whole concept was not done to its full justice. Your explanation was better. ;)

20. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    In Heath/Newark, Ohio there is no local number to dial into AOL.

Oh and Greg we did drive past the Lion's Den on 79....but we did not stop

21. Jedi_Gepper

Jul 23, 2001
    Okay, so today I went to see "Black Hawk Down," good but depressing film. Anyway, it was quite amusing to see our man Ewan affecting an American accent. It was distracting me considerably.
    Also, for Naboo Queen, the guy who plays Legolas is in it. Someone asked him if he'd ever shot anything before, and he said no. I was thinking, "Dude, you shot all those Orcs! Be honest!"
    Again, anyway, good film.

22. Xizor@TheView

Xizor@TheView TFN Collecting, Former IK President star 3 VIP

Aug 9, 1999
    Is Ewan's american accent as bad as Costner's english accent in RH? It lasted for all of one scene.

Obscure 70's references for $1000 Alex:

Who said, It's Dandy Tastin' Tea.

23. QUEEN-KARENDALA

Jan 2, 2001
    Bobby Brady?

24. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    it was "Dandy" Don Meridith

25. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Actually the worse I've ever heard Ewan's accent was in Velvet Goldmine. He played a Michigan born rocker who mostly hung out with a bunch of Brits. Didn't pull it off well. Although something else he was in he sounded perfectly normal. I don't get it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.