main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

'The Approaching Storm' cover!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Gatherer, Aug 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Yeah, I know almost everybody knew it (even I), but now it's sort of official...

2. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    I actually think Iron Fist has a sweet cover.

3. Mecca-Don

Mecca-Don Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2001
    The cover looks Awesome.

4. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    I. Want. It. Now!

Anakin looks...aloof.

Obi-Wan looks... [face_blush]

5. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    This is quite possibly one of the best covers I have ever seen on an SW novel, prequel era or otherwise.

6. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    I'm thinking that as well. I don't care for Luminara, but Obi-Wan and Anakin look cool...and it's so great to see Alan Dean Foster's name in big white letters on a SW novel after 23+ years.

7. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    I thought the exact same thing about Foster's name the other night.

8. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    On the whole I think its [The Approaching Storm cover] pretty average. I prefer Iron Fist, Wedge's Gamble and Crimson Empire.

9. Han Soho

Han Soho Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 1998
    This looks like one of the best novel covers I have ever seen. Iron Fist was also good, though.

10. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    I didn't really like those X-wing covers. I can only take so many montages of ships and explosions. Those books should have had character faces on the covers.

11. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    So, when do we get to see the cover for the novelization?

TC

12. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Talon the link was in the second and fifth post.

If you don't feel like looking, I can give you an image link:

[image=http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2001/08/img/dragon_approaching_bg.jpg]

13. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
  14. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Val, I think he meant the cover of the novelization of AotC.

Probably in Jan/Feb?

EDIT: Wheee, check out the jacket text! From TF.N books:

Approaching Storm Jacket Text

Sun, Sep 02, 01 12:51:55 AM EDT

Christopher McElroy from Time Tales chimes in from DragonCon:

I went over to the Del Rey booth and copied down the jacket text of "The Approaching Storm" for all of you book fans. Here it is, as follows:

"The Republic is decaying, even under the leadership of Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, who was elected to save the galaxy from collapsing under the forces of discontent. On the tiny but strategic world of Ansion, a powerful faction is on the verge of joining the growing secessionist movement. The urban dwellers wish to expand into the prairies (as pictured on the cover) outside their cities -- the ancestral territory of the fierce, independant Ansion nomads. If their demands are not met, they will secede -- an act that could jump-start a chain reaction of withdrawl and rebellion by other worlds of the Republic.

At the Chancellor's request, the Jedi Council sends two Jedi Knights, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Luminara Unduli, to resolve the conflict and negotiate with the elusive nomads. Undaunted, Obi-Wan and Luminara, along with their Padawans Anakin Skywalker and Barriss Offee, set out across the wilderness. Many perils lie waiting to trap them. The Jedi will have to fulfill near-impossible tasks, befriend wary strangers, and influence two great armies to complete their quest, stalked all the while by an enemy sworn to see the negotiations collapse and the mission fail...
    "

There's nothing on the back cover except a two-line blurb and the prairies on Ansion. The jacket (along with a short bio of Alan Dean Foster) also mentioned that "The Approaching Storm" leads DIRECTLY into AOTC, that it takes place immediately before the movie. So all you EU enthusiasts, this is a MUST-HAVE.

Thanks! Yum.

15. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    "Val, I think he meant the cover of the novelization of AotC."

Hmm, he probably did mean that, oops, must have been tired when I read his post this morning, :D.

16. wampa

wampa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    I love the cover! So cool. This is when it dawns on me how close we are to the release of AotC. I wish they would've released CoD & DeMoliSH prior to TPM's release.

It leads directly into AotC? That's the coolest. I'm not a spoiler kind of guy, but I am definitely "wowed" at the political state of the GFFA during AotC now. Awesome setup.

Too bad there's no books coming out till October though, I guess I'll pick up the new Onion book on Tuesday then.

17. JWK

JWK Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    Thanks for the link Gatherer! :cool: :cool:
    :D :cool:

18. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    That's right, Wedge.

When did the covers for TPM novelization show up?

TC

19. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    No idea. I wonder if the AotC one(s) will be different character portraits or the movie poster.

20. Dev Sibwarra

Dev Sibwarra Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 1999
    I think the TPM covers showed up in early '99, but I could be wrong. For continuity's sake, Del Rey may go with the same sort of cover design they used before, and release several dust jackets, each with a different character. Of course, there are still TPM hardcovers on the bookstore shelves, so they could try something new.

21. Bogga

Bogga Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    I'd rather see something new for the AotC book. I didn't like those TPM covers so I went all out and bought the limited edition book at the SW Celebration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.