main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Approaching Storm Discussion (with AotC Spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by wild_karrde, Jan 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DEWORE-DEWKNOT

DEWORE-DEWKNOT Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2002
    I have no idea what Val was doing. Though I am sure he'll tell us.

I read the book as soon as it was released and at first I was very bitter about it.

What a let down. Not nearly enough Anakin or Obi Wan. Too many thingies. No Palpatine. One Dooku. Not worth the money. ( It certainly didn't need to be HC )

The barring of the souls part was nice and Toukie(SP) was a blast, but that was it for me.

I did feel that it was creepy thinking how close Lumminara and her padawan were to the person who is going to kill them though.

So if I had to read it again would I? Probably but I would still be bitter over it.

2. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    There is a picture of Shu Mai. WARNING THIS IS A SCREENSHOT OF THE MOVIE.

[image=http://www.lestimbres.ch/nonrelated/g-61.jpg]

END SPOILER PICTURE

3. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Yeah, I seen that. I gotta say though, I never pictured her like that ...

wk

4. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    They never look like how we picture them, dude. ;)

5. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Hmmm. According to HolonetNews.com, The assassination of Nemrileo irm-Drocubac occurs on 13:4:11, 40 days before AotC (which starts on 13:5:16). In working out the dates, we find tha The Approaching Storm ends exactly 16 days before AotC. Does everyone think this works out? I was under the impression that Obi-Wan and Anakin were on Ansion until right before AotC. I'm going to reread the book in a few weeks to make sure I didn't screw up any of my notes, but for now it seems Obi-Wan and Anakin stayed on Ansion for a while to help make sure everything was ok for the Anisonians.

6. Tek-Phin

Tek-Phin Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2002
    Anyone notice that on the cover of the book that Anakin is holding the blade of his lightsaber? Just wondering if anyone noticed that.

7. Veng_Commando

Veng_Commando Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    doesn't look like that to me... Oh wait, no, never mind thats wat it looks like.

8. Tek-Phin

Tek-Phin Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2002
    Maybe thats how anakin ends up losing his hand

9. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    In working out the dates, we find tha The Approaching Storm ends exactly 16 days before AotC. Does everyone think this works out? I was under the impression that Obi-Wan and Anakin were on Ansion until right before AotC.

Keep us updated on that, Mav. The third chapter of my fan-fiction is taking place between TAS and AotC, and I was trying to figure how much time I could squeeze between them.

So, they either stayed on Ansion awhile, or they were just slow in returning to Coruscant -- especialy if they didn't have their own ship, and had to charter a flight from a trader, passenger liner, or Republic ship.

In my story, I'm going to have it start with Anakin and Obi-Wan on their way back from Ansion, stopped at a space station at the edge of the Coruscant system.

10. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    You bet. It's possible Holonetnews may update when its closer to the release of Episode II about Ansion's descision to stay in the Republic. Hopefully not, as it may confuse things more. Anyway, we'll see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.