main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The approaching storm

Discussion in 'Literature' started by WARMASTER, Jan 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WARMASTER

WARMASTER Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 2001
    what's the whole story of this book??????
    Is it cool???

2. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    I have only read one prequal book, Rouge Planet, so I know little of these books.

However I belive The Approching Storm is about Anakin and Obi-Wans adventures shorly befor the events of Epi.2

3. jeditempler

jeditempler Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2002
    I actually just finished it. I got it Friday and looks to be a good lead into Episode II. It follows the adventures of Master kenobi and his Padawan Anakin Skywalker. Alan Dean Foster has been longed missed from Star Wars and his writing was very imagnative. I wouldn't wait for a paperback its well worth the read.

4. ParanoidAni-droid

ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    I could've sworn I just saw another thread with the same title [face_shocked] (Who's been a naughty newbie? 8-}) Have I gone back in time? Oh, well... "let's do the time warp again!"

Enough of that, for the people who've read it already, do you think it gives to much away for AOTC? I'm currently reading "Splinter of a Mind's eye" and I like Foster's style enough to read TAS but I'm afraid it'll make AOTC anti-climactic. The last thing I want to do is spoil the experience of watching the film. Should I wait?

5. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Nah, it won't do anything like that to AotC. All it does is introduce a few characters from the film, and more or less present the sort of state the galaxy is in at the time of 22 years BBY.

6. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    I read it and really enjoyed it. I thought it was much better than the other two PT era novels I've read--Rogue Planet and Cloak of Deception. Alan Dean Foster seems to have a good handle on developing the characters without being too obvious--not alot of overdone Anakin going to the Dark Side foreshadowing--it's more sublte than in Rogue Planet for instance.

I don't believe it gives away much of anything about AOTC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.