main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO The Approaching Storm

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Luminara, Feb 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luminara

Luminara Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2002
    Has anyone read this book yet? From what the people at Borders say, most fans have been passing it up because they think it will spoil the movie. As far as I've heard, its just the prequel to the movie, right?

2. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    I JUST this week got it from Amazon.com. I had ordered it ages ago. I couldn't believe how long they took getting it here. I had to see it on the shelves and know that I had to wait since I'd already paid for it through Amazon.

I haven't read it yet though, b/c in the same shipment I also got Dark Journey and Jedi Apprentice 18. I just finished Dark Journey, and then I'll probly read JA b/c it's short and quick, so it'll be a while before I can comment on Aproaching Storm.

I seriously doubt, however, that it will spoil Ep2 in any way, shape or form.

3. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    Well, I finished it!

In the beginning I was thinking, "this book isn't that great." But it quickly improved. I give it a 7 out of 10.

The following discussion is, IMO, spoiler free.

As far as concerns about the book spoiling the movie, I don't think that the insights into galactic politics will spoil the movie, if anything it should be helpful. I could see the possibility of people preferring NOT to know anything about the relationship between Obi-Wan and Anakin prior to the movie. I personally don't think I'll regret not having a 'fresh' outlook on that, but I certainly would understand those who wait til after the movie to read this book.

4. Princess_Robin

Princess_Robin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2001
    cool beans! I will prolly borrow it from Jackie at some point. so then I will post my opinion on the book :)

5. Luminara

Feb 8, 2002
    :D i liked it! it was great! it gives a lot of insight into anakin skywalker....and sally, if u wanna borrow it, i'll get it to u the next time i see u.

6. JawaChef

JawaChef Jedi Master star 3

Feb 13, 2001
    I just got my copy of The Approaching Storm and am only a few pages in....But Steph, you mentioned Dark Journey...Loved it!!

7. Princess_Robin

Sep 24, 2001
    *beats Jackie with a yellow stick* You forgot! *sigh*

8. Luminara

Feb 8, 2002
    *smacks Sally back* oh hush

9. Princess_Robin

Sep 24, 2001
    meanie! oh well, you still need to give the book to me. and come to think of it...you have my MYST book.

10. HaydenzSaber

HaydenzSaber Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2002
    I read it and thought it was great! I loved Luminara and Barriss. I can't wait to see them in AOTC. The book really does show Anakin's feelings and arrogance. I loved the part where the Jedi had to share their "talent".I thought it was also slow at the beginning, but it turned out great! I give it a 7.5 out of 10.

11. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    Yes, the "talent show" was totally cool. I really enjoyed that alot.

And, welcome to the St. Louis forum, HS!

12. JediJeffro

JediJeffro Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 23, 2001
    I thought the book was very well written. And, being spoiled, heavily ironic in some spots, as well. [face_mischief]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.