main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Arcs that were not

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 16, 2014.

Tags:
?

Which unfinished story arcs would like to see fully animated in the future?

1. Darth Maul – Son of Dathomir

37.8%
  2. The Bounty Hunters arc

40.1%
  3. Ahsoka arc 1 – Ahsoka's Walkabout

21.8%
  4. The Yoda/Kashyyyk arc

23.7%
  5. Mon Cala arc

15.3%
  6. Ahsoka arc 2 – Ahsoka's Return to the Jedi

28.6%
  7. Dark Disciple

32.1%
  8. Rex and R2-D2 arc

17.6%
  9. The Siege of Mandalore

53.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    While I do appreciate the release of some of the content, be it in comic form or another, now that I get back into TCW I really wish they would finish the episodes. Even if we get to see all the stories there's no way I would voluntarily do without the beautiful animations and excellent voice acting that we got in this series. And to me Rebels can't replace it.

So c'mon, Disney

[​IMG]

But to stay a bit more on the actual topic - my votes are:
    The Bounty Hunters arc
    Son of Dathomir
    The Siege of Mandalore
    Dark Disciple

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    We'll never get any of the arcs already out as animated we can only hope to the future.

3. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
  4. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
  5. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    less than 2 weeks away from Celebration!
    I don't expect anything when it comes to animation but it would be great if they announced a new comic or novel that adapts more arcs.[face_praying]

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Sandtrooper956 likes this.
  7. DarthTalgus

Sep 3, 2012
    Yeah I did, but it was about the Siege of Mandalore :p[face_devil]

8. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    I just realized that next year there is no Celebration and next year also happens to be the 10th anniversary of TCW. Hope they do something to celebrate the landmark!!!

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Dave Filoni has worked at Lucasfilm for 12 years. Wow.

10. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    Disney didn't want their shiny new toy being played with by someone else (Cartoon Network) as opposed to (Disney/DisneyXD). It was still the second highest rated show on Cartoon Network, if I remember correctly, and I don't think they (CN) had any issues with keeping it going.

11. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015

It was way too expensive for an animated show aimed primarily at kids.

According to George Lucas, an hour of TCW animation cost them about 2 million dollars.

TCW still had high ratings for an animated show, but as Pablo Hidalgo said, they lost their primary audience they were aiming for, the children. Also, the merchandise didn't sell very well.

TCW pretty much became a show that was loosing money, but it was still produced because George liked it and wanted to tell his stories.

When Disney bought Lucasfilm, they cancelled TCW immediately, cause unlike George, Disney did care about losing money and wasn't interested in producing something that isn't profitable.

But I wouldn't blame Disney, they are a business first and foremost after all. Just wish George would have put some clause in the contract, when he sold Lucasfilm to Disney, that they have to finish TCW no matter what :)

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I think George just wanted to get rid of the whole Business then. I know he may regret it now, but at the time I think he just wanted to turn in his hat.

13. Daveisbored

Daveisbored Jedi Knight

Feb 8, 2017
    Oooo they just showed a clip from the Bane/Fett arc at the animated origins panel. Irritatingly the livestream just had the audio as the display screens weren't shown (missed out on artwork too). Hopefully it'll be included when they cut up the stream for individual panel uploads.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  14. DarthTalgus

Sep 3, 2012
    Since they only gave us the audio not the clip ...[face_frustrated]
    I can't even tell what happened did Boba and Cad Bane have a mexican standoff or what ? Did Boba shot Bane ?

15. Gudenruben2

Gudenruben2 Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 10, 2014
    Yes they had a Mexican standoff and Boba and Bane shot each other at the same time. Cad Bane's shot hit Boba's helmet (where the helmet has an indentation).

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

16. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
  17. DarthTalgus

Sep 3, 2012
    The way this clip ended and they way Filoni and Pablo dodged the question I think it's safe to presume that Cad Bane is dead.

18. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
  19. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW!

Gudenruben2 likes this.
  20. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Sad that Boba takes a dark path. We see his young self talking about protecting innocent people. Then grown up Boba is seen committing horrible acts in the marvel comics.

And we should get most of the unfinished arcs in animation someday. It would be unfortunate if they were all put in comic format and we never saw animated clone wars again.

They should get in the habit of taking some of the budget for star wars animation and using it to make a few TCW episodes per year. Even if it resorts to shorter seasons for their main show, I would be ok with that.

21. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    I'm just amazed at all the call backs they managed to fit into that one scene. EE-3 carbine, Jango's pistols, the dented helmet, I'm sure I'd find more if I looked!

People change, sometimes not always for the better. They see so much suffering, and learn to become indifferent to it. There's simply too many people to help out there.

22. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    Now, did Filoni mean that the whole arc was voiced or just the clip?

23. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    The EE-3 carbine and knife that Embo drops to the ground belong to Sugi I believe? With that and Seripas' presence it looks like Cad Bane is not the only recurring bounty hunter to probably bite the dust in this arc.

TheMechanical0ne likes this.
  24. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    I thought Highsinger was Boba Fett's droid?

25. DarthTalgus

Sep 3, 2012
    Makes it Boba's past so much more interesting, the dent in his helmet came from Bane and his EE-3 Carbine used to be Sugi's :D