main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Arcs that were not

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 16, 2014.

Tags:
?

Which unfinished story arcs would like to see fully animated in the future?

1. Darth Maul – Son of Dathomir

37.8%
  2. The Bounty Hunters arc

40.1%
  3. Ahsoka arc 1 – Ahsoka's Walkabout

21.8%
  4. The Yoda/Kashyyyk arc

23.7%
  5. Mon Cala arc

15.3%
  6. Ahsoka arc 2 – Ahsoka's Return to the Jedi

28.6%
  7. Dark Disciple

32.1%
  8. Rex and R2-D2 arc

17.6%
  9. The Siege of Mandalore

53.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TheMechanical0ne

TheMechanical0ne Jedi Master star 1

Aug 24, 2014
    She did wield both weapons before in the past...however:

(Spoilers below concern the Aftermath trilogy)
    Given how Jas Emari, who is revealed to be Sugi's niece, ends up partnering with Embo and Dengar by the end of the book, it'd be weird for her to be content with working with someone who helped murder her aunt. Also, unless memory serves me wrong, throughout the trilogy Jas was working to repay Sugi's debts, and I don't think she would have to if Sugi was deceased. To be frank it wouldn't be the first time something in those books didn't make sense, but this is something bigger that I feel the Story Group would have noticed right away.
    Though that clip definitely hints that something happened to Sugi. Maybe she's just left too injured to be able to work as a bounty hunter anymore?

2. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008

I believe the second Aftermath book confirms that Sugi is dead by the time the book is taking place (which, granted, gives us a whole lot of years to work with when it comes to putting a time to her demise). As for her debts still standing, I imagine that's because the kind of crowd Sugi would probably owe money to aren't the kind of folks to forgive a debt just because the original debtor is dead. Going after the next of kin seems totally plausible.

MrDarth0 and TheMechanical0ne like this.
  3. A Lovable Jerk

A Lovable Jerk Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 6, 2015

Highsinger was anybody's Droid, he was independent and made his own choices.

4. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    He was once described as the Chewbacca to Boba's Han Solo, so I was surprised to see him on Bane's side this time around. Same thing with Bossk.

At any rate, we know they're all back to being friends again when Dark Disciple rolls around.

5. bdh1138

bdh1138 Jedi Master star 2

Feb 24, 2015
    Interesting that Clone Wars was going to go there. I seem to remember reading that 1313 was going to have a betrayal by Highsinger as a twist too. And given the fact that the game was going to feature a mentor bounty hunter and cover Boba getting his armor, I wonder how much of this arc was influenced by those scrapped ideas.

6. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I have no problem with Disney wanting to cancel TCW because of money. Its normal, especially if your losing money. I always felt that if GL really wanted too, he would have kept a clause in there to finish the series, and that did not happen. Also, with this new everything is canon model, I don't take too lightly the fact that there are stories that the story group considers canon but hasn't been released. If they don't plan on releasing the series in animation to finish it off, at least give it the just and release novels and comic books to end it. Aren't they now as official as the movies themselves? More so than any of the legends books were so their is an avenue. They could trunk down the ending and release some animated movie to finish off TCW. It's this stuff that bothers me the most. Just say that the other stuff never released is not canon and be done with it.

7. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Whole arc, I was there.

TetsuAero likes this.
  8. The Shadow Emperor

Sep 29, 2012
    Someone higher up on the totem pole than Filoni is preventing this arc from being released. This is the second time he's made a comment along the lines of "I'm only now being allowed to show this to you."

9. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Hopefully we will get to see it soon, if it's in the same place as the other two unfinished arcs we've seen.

Darkslayer likes this.
  10. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    This 'is' a good sign, as we were initially told that the arcs weren't voiced. That could've been misinformation, which means that this, the Wookiee arc, and the first Ashoka arc could all still be in a position to be released someday.

But now that this arc is about Boba's armor, it really needs to be released. This is the arc that shows him being the man we later knew him to be, and even if he's just a child in the show, I want to see that story.

11. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    Could it be that the arc is missing its vital music then?
    Since Pablo said it was missing something vital

Tthe animation is a a lot more polished than the crystal crisis arc.

Darkslayer likes this.
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean how much could the music really cost them?

Darkslayer likes this.
  13. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Saw the Boba & Cad clip and it was neat; I wonder if this event can be considered canonical.

Why would that be safe to presume? If a question whether a character died or not gets dodged, wouldn't it make more sense to presume that he/she might have survived?

Darkslayer likes this.
  14. The Shadow Emperor

Sep 29, 2012
    Because this is clearly the climax of the arc, it's thematically appropriate for Boba to do it, and there's zero chance that Cad Bane would die in anything other than a cowboy standoff. [face_cowboy]

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I just wish they would tell us if he was alive. What's the point of the security?

16. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    If they ever do make a Boba Fett movie, they might repurpose this plot for said film.

Darkslayer likes this.
  17. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I think the reason this arc isn't seeing the light of day is because Disney want to hold off releasing anything Boba Fett related until his anthology/ bounty hunter team up Movie

DurararaFTW likes this.
  18. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    So whats up with Boba suddenly caring about innocent lives? Been awhile, but between blowing up a Venator full of his fellow clones and kidnapping that girl to be a bride for the underground penguin-squid-man, he never struck me as a very moral character. (Though, I guess in the latter example, maybe he never knew what was in the box?) I guess maybe the episode would develop his morality a bit more?

DurararaFTW and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  19. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Remember in the episode where he blew up the Venator that he never wanted to do it. Aurra Sing only convinced him to do it after his original plan failed. Boba even said it wasn't about the crew and that he was only after Windu and when he refused to kill Commander Ponds, Aurra was the one who did it.

Boba only kills those he feels deserve it, to him its justice.

20. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    concerning the whole the Bounty Hunter arc is supposedly finished and Filoni saying that's the last bit Celebration will ever get.

maybe I'm reaching but what if they plan to release this arc next year to celebrate the 10th anniversary? You gotta do something otherwise it would waste the anniversary and it seems to be one of the last arcs that seems not far off from being done.

Darkslayer likes this.
  21. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I think I'd like that. It could make for a good movie and Cad Bane would pretty much be the ideal antagonist.

22. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Was it rumors or Filoni or both who at one point said that they might consider adapting some of the arcs in other forms of animation?

so let's say Forces of Destiny is a success and Disney makes it into a 22 minute show later on. Would this increase the chances of those 12 Ahsoka episode being done?

Darkslayer likes this.
  23. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    It was just some speculation from the members of this board. :)

Darkslayer and starocean90 like this.
  24. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I dunno about that, I can't remember where but I do think that Filoni has said that in the past.

Darkslayer and starocean90 like this.
  25. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Sorry to double post but I can't edit my previous post anymore. Do we know exactly what it was about the BH Arc that prevents it from being released on starwars.com ? What is missing ?

Darkslayer likes this.