main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Arcs that were not

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 16, 2014.

Tags:
?

Which unfinished story arcs would like to see fully animated in the future?

1. Darth Maul – Son of Dathomir

37.8%
  2. The Bounty Hunters arc

40.1%
  3. Ahsoka arc 1 – Ahsoka's Walkabout

21.8%
  4. The Yoda/Kashyyyk arc

23.7%
  5. Mon Cala arc

15.3%
  6. Ahsoka arc 2 – Ahsoka's Return to the Jedi

28.6%
  7. Dark Disciple

32.1%
  8. Rex and R2-D2 arc

17.6%
  9. The Siege of Mandalore

53.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    They said other forms of media, not a different form of animation :)

Pablo said the arc was missing something vital. But he wasn't specific as to what. :(

Darkslayer and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Music I bet.

Darkslayer and Gudenruben2 like this.
  3. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I've been thinking, going by comments from both PH and DF it seems like saving TCW is nothing but a pipe-dream. So instead of focusing on writing petitions to SaveTheCloneWars maybe we should focus on something that we might actually be able to save ?
    Going from comments by the people involved it seems like the Bounty Hunter arc is all but finished (Only missing something unknown that is vital)
    Maybe we could make another petition but for the Bounty Hunter arc since it seems to be the one arc that is the closest to be being presentable. And if VA is missing then maybe release them with subtitles ? We could post to a lot Star Wars sites and get the word around to get signatures and exposure.

Another option is to make a petition for a comic book adaptation by Marvel. Am I being to unrealistic or does this have any chance of working ?

4. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    It was said by Pablo that not all of the voices were finished for the BH arc. And Matt Martin said off the record he'd be very surprised if they ever released this story in any form. And when Dave shows clips and art he always seems really bummed that they did not and will not get to release this...

So as someone else said, it was probably a decision made by someone above him that they're going to tell Boba's coming of age tale in another form and maybe a completely different take on his character. Which is probably the Boba Standalone movie. Just my two cents.

BTW, they could also do other stuff with Bane, maybe because this arc is not canon, he will survive in to other stories in live action or animation.

5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I don't care if the arc is never released, it's still canon to me. George canon trumps Disney canon.

6. OneTrueOverlord

OneTrueOverlord Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2015
    I think Pablo said as far as Lucasfilm is concerned it is canon. Hence the Yuuzhan Vong are still canon, even if their arc never got past animatic stages

And what is this 'trumps Disney canon' Lucas canon is a subset of 'Disney' canon. They said so in their canon annoucement. They still go by Lucas' word in the Story Group.

I am in favour of comic books HOWEVER judging from my issues with Son of Dathomir its a really bad idea to put in one-episode to one-comic ratio. Gets the opposite problem of many anime adaptations. If they go for the comic route they should rework it to fit in the medium, which may be easier if its actually going to be an ongoing series.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    People like separating things into groups, but to me it's all one Canon and there is no George Canon or Disney Canon. Just Legends and Canon

8. MandaloreRex2015

MandaloreRex2015 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2015

I'd love 2-3 issues per episode. That would probably be the ideal solution.

Darkslayer likes this.
  9. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    4 issues per episode. Each episode gets a miniseries. :)

10. OneTrueOverlord

Dec 19, 2015

Addendum: This was not just Pablo on Twitter where its officially unoffical, this was in the Clone Wars Legacy video, which means its unofficially official.

A bit too much. I don't want it to be strict. I don't even want a per-episode. I just want it to work well.

11. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015

Thank you for uploading this!

I guess this explains why we haven't seen Cad Bane in Rebels or any of the post-TCW material. He got shot by Boba. I like that.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I just find it strange that they did not confirm if he was alive or dead.

13. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
  14. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    It can't be music, as neither the Utapau or Bad Batch arcs had any new music, entirely relying on reused music from previously in the series.

15. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Same. I feel like Filoni just doesnt want to spoil it for when the arc inevitably gets released online.

TetsuAero and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  16. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I posted this in the general TCW thread a few days ago, but i wanted to get some eyes on it here too since it pertains to the untold arcs. Has anyone here read the new Thrawn novel? Potential spoiler that I'm going to tag, but I'm eager to get other peoples' take...
    So the book keeps alluding to Thrawn meeting with Anakin during the Clone Wars and working with him. And it refers to this period of his life as scouting for threats against his people, the Chiss. It wasn't confirmed in the novel, but it sounds like that could've been in what we've referred to as the untold Clone Wars arc about the Vong that we saw in Dave/Pablo TCW panels. Maybe Thrawn was working with Anakin to see what could be done about threats to the Republic or the Chiss respectively in regards to the Vong's appearance on the scene. I'm not getting any feedback from Pablo as of yet, and the book left it mysterious. Does this sound right or did I miss something in the book?

17. MandaloreRex2015

MandaloreRex2015 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2015
    You didn't miss anything. I had the same idea.

Gudenruben2 and Watto like this.
  18. OneTrueOverlord

Dec 19, 2015
    How long before we start pestering Pablo about it...come on I'm not the only one thinking it...

TetsuAero and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  19. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I already tried! ;) He didn't reply at all, it seems he is not doing a lot of Star Wars interaction on twitter now...

20. OneTrueOverlord

Dec 19, 2015

Start a topic on extra-galactic Transformers and then slip in the Vong arc.

21. Daveisbored

Daveisbored Jedi Knight

Feb 8, 2017
    The Star Wars YouTube uploaded a fixed version of the Animated Origins and Unexpected Fates panel yesterday:

iPodwithnomusic likes this.
  22. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    I updated my animatics compilation now as well to include the duel. :D

23. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    That Boba clip really makes me want to see the BH arc. I mean, come on, they lose nothing by releasing it, it won't cost them a penny. They already made it, so holding it back is just pointless.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    According to Pablo it's missing something big

25. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Which they've annoyingly not told us what is. It's not music, it's at the level of animation completion of the previously 2 released arcs (as it came earlier than both in production order).

Is it voice acting? Even if they are missing a voice or two, I'm sure one or two temp voices would be fine.

What is it that's missing!?