main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Arcs that were not

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 16, 2014.

Tags:
?

Which unfinished story arcs would like to see fully animated in the future?

1. Darth Maul – Son of Dathomir

37.8%
  2. The Bounty Hunters arc

40.1%
  3. Ahsoka arc 1 – Ahsoka's Walkabout

21.8%
  4. The Yoda/Kashyyyk arc

23.7%
  5. Mon Cala arc

15.3%
  6. Ahsoka arc 2 – Ahsoka's Return to the Jedi

28.6%
  7. Dark Disciple

32.1%
  8. Rex and R2-D2 arc

17.6%
  9. The Siege of Mandalore

53.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ZodaEX

ZodaEX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 27, 2015

In that case I bet it's a new planet or Republic starship.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  2. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    What do you mean? That the new assets are unfinished?

3. ZodaEX

ZodaEX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 27, 2015

Sorry I didn't read the last page. I thought we were talking about the original The Clone Wars assets. I didn't even know there were new ones.

4. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Not quite sure what mean, could you clarify?

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Well I mean I am sure there were new assets seeing as Tusken were in this arc

6. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    To Clarify: It was missing something Vital

7. TetsuAero

Jan 24, 2008
  8. Jesta'

Jesta' Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2017
    You know, the Tenth anniversary of Clone Wars is right around the corner, and with Rebels now wrapping up....
    We could see Clone Wars finally finished. Maybe an entire season!

I dream too much.

DBPirate, MrDarth0, revan772 and 4 others like this.
  9. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I wish they'd partner with Netflix again and release more CW episodes - and complete the ones that were turned into other media like comics and novels. I'd happily pay to see Dark Disciple and Son of Dathomir animated.

10. Jesta'

Jan 25, 2017
    I'd gladly pay $30 dollars per arc if that happens!

TetsuAero and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  11. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I wonder how much it would cost to finish the episodes, especially those that are already near completion? I suppose it boils down to whether they'd make enough from a Netflix type deal and then the DVD / Blu-ray sales. Another significant factor is what animation project is planned after Rebels ends. We know about Forces of Destiny, but that doesn't seem like it will take significant resources...

12. Jesta'

Jan 25, 2017
    I'd safely say around 3~4 million per arc. Clone Wars ain't cheap y'know.

13. MandaloreRex2015

MandaloreRex2015 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2015
    Yeah. I remember hearing back at the 2015 Celebration that finishing the Bad Batch storyreels would take a budget close to equal with that of TFA. Multiply that times however many arcs we've got left...

The show was extremely expensive, and the only reason TCW was able to afford that budget before the buyout was because George Lucas was paying for it all out of his own pocket.

14. TetsuAero

Jan 24, 2008
    Lol, no, it's just 2 mil.
    Still, most of the episodes were lacking animation, being textured, lighting and music. I'm very interested in how much each part costs.

15. Jesta'

Jan 25, 2017
    It depends on who's animating it. Clone Wars was mostly done in the good old USA, while Rebels is done in China and Singapore. There has got to be a cost difference!

16. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    One little arc! That's all they have to animate, one simple arc after Rebels is finished and I'm sure that'd would satisfy a lot TCW for a few more years until we demand another one.

Jesta' likes this.
  17. Jesta'

Jan 25, 2017

Gimmie the Vong one and it'll probably sooth my Clone Wars withdrawal symptoms.

SilentGuy66 and Force Smuggler like this.
  18. cookeycat

cookeycat Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2016

but which one? I'm {for example} only interested in DD and SoD;
    and I will get really mad if it will be anything with Ahsoka (she already has more than enough episodes).

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  19. The Mirificus

The Mirificus Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 25, 2015
    For me, the logical choice would be the Bounty Hunters arc. Releasing it could serve as a promotional for whichever of the spinoff movies gets to have Boba Fett in it. Maybe they'd have to change it up slightly, depending on their final choices for Fett's characterization, but that's editing something that, from what we've seen, at least has a good start to its production. Featuring this arc would answer an interesting question of the Original Trilogy -- how did Boba Fett get to be the man to call? -- without messing with stuff that really matters, plot-wise, to the movies. This story also has the advantage of being able to stand alone as an arc. That's the problem with all of the Ahsoka ones. How do you tell one story without the others? Nobody wants to see just the rising action, without the narrative climax of Order 66... and yet, if you just show Ahsoka during Order 66, you lose the idea that it was a struggle and a process for her to reconnect with the Jedi. IMO, that cheapens the weight of her decision to leave the Jedi.

20. Jesta'

Jan 25, 2017
    Might as well not release it at all! If they follow the original story it likely fits into both universes! But changing it to fit just into their canon narrative?

Count me out!

21. TetsuAero

Jan 24, 2008
    I would be the same if they changed it to fit the new canon.

Jesta' likes this.
  22. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    No, it wasn't. TCW was also produced by outsourced animation companies on Singapore. But the budget between the two series is still different, which is evident in the animation quality and scope.

23. Jesta'

Jan 25, 2017

It would change the original vision! I personally wouldn't like it if the story was changed for any reason, Canon or Legends! Although I'd likely wouldn't be that bothered if they changed it because of Legends.

I said mostly not all. Animation was done overseas, rendering, lighting, and animatics were all done in the US. Rebels is only given its animatics in the US.

Rebels has scope?

24. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    No, not most. A lot of the work was outsourced to animation companies in Taiwan and Singapore, specially at the beginning. Pre-production and post-production was mostly done in the US.

Definitely much less than TCW.

25. Jesta'

Jan 25, 2017
    Alright, more not most.
    My bad mate.