main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Arcs that were not

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 16, 2014.

Tags:
?

Which unfinished story arcs would like to see fully animated in the future?

1. Darth Maul – Son of Dathomir

37.8%
  2. The Bounty Hunters arc

40.1%
  3. Ahsoka arc 1 – Ahsoka's Walkabout

21.8%
  4. The Yoda/Kashyyyk arc

23.7%
  5. Mon Cala arc

15.3%
  6. Ahsoka arc 2 – Ahsoka's Return to the Jedi

28.6%
  7. Dark Disciple

32.1%
  8. Rex and R2-D2 arc

17.6%
  9. The Siege of Mandalore

53.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    Well to be fair, they were "insourced" to Lucasfilm Singapore xD

2. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    CGCG is not part of Lucasfilm.

3. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    You got it, and CGCG did 2/3 of the episodes and LF Singapore only did 1/3, maybe because it was cheaper to outsource. That would be the actual animation whereas LF at the Ranch did the writing, directing of the layout/animatic before sending it overseas to either LF Singapore or CGCG. Then they'd get it back stateside for music, sound, final touches to animation (if required).

Interestingly Pablo confirmed one of the reasons it wouldn't be possible to keep going on finishing Clone Wars is they "restructured" CGCG after Clone Wars was cancelled-- they laid off a huge part of this company since so much of their work was Clone Wars. CGCG still does Rebels but so much less work, people, and hours are needed to produce episodes of the new show!

MrDarth0 and TetsuAero like this.
  4. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Exactly. I always found it noticeable how CGCG brought out the best work (animation-wise) when compared to what Lucasfilm Animation did in-house (both in the US and Singapore), specially in the first few seasons (movie included, obviously). The most fluid reels were usually done by them.

5. Jesta'

Jesta' Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2017
    Ridiculous. Anyway I wouldn't trust any of Pablo's tweets, if his tirades are anything to go by.
    It's all a matter of time. A small group can likely get the same (similar) work needed for Clone Wars given time. Look at a lot of the interviews Filoni gave, "it's not what we were doing that was special, it was the time we were able to accomplish it in", he says that in the Clone Wars declassified featurette.

6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah, try animating yourself, then get back to me on whether or not that's all ridiculous or not. ;)

Also need I remind you that we treat members of LFL with respect on this forum? You can disagree with a creator without reducing their words to "tirades".

Gudenruben2 likes this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    not to mention the show isn't worth making money wise

8. Jesta'

Jan 25, 2017
    I'll give respect to someone aslong they give it back. Pablo has made (a long, angry speech of criticism or accusation) more than once.
    There are incredible animations done by a lone person. I'm sure a group of them can get something a bit similar to what Clone Wars had mid run.

9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I know, I'm one of those people. I know first-hand just how time-consuming and resource-eating animation is.

And let me be a little more clear- you treat anyone who works for LFL with respect, period. This is especially so in Pablo's case since he's actually a VIP member here.

10. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015

Exactly this. The problem with finishing TCW is the fact that most of the people that worked on TCW have moved on. Its been several years since the production of the show ended after all. And Rebels have way smaller production team.

Thou perhaps they could finish the story arcs one by one with a smaller team and release them individually as direct-to-video and/or digitally. Similarly to what Warner Animation and DC are doing with their DC Animated Movies. Every six months or so, there is one new 80 minute animated movie released. Lucasfilm could do the same thing, and every few months release one finished story arc (60-80 minutes).

TetsuAero, Darth Kickass and Jesta' like this.
  11. Jesta'

Jan 25, 2017
    Exactly what I was trying to say.

12. TetsuAero

Jan 24, 2008
    Anna Graves, reveals that Sugi was indeed in the Boba and Cad Bane arc. They got to explore a little of her character. Anna also got to voice Sand People, big and little ones.

Jesta' and Daveisbored like this.
  13. Jesta'

Jan 25, 2017
    I'm surprised that they are now making a series about Clone Wars's voice actors! Is it possible that there still is a large audience for Clone Wars?

14. TetsuAero

Jan 24, 2008
    Oh there's still a large/huge audience for TCW. *points at self amongst others*

Jesta' likes this.
  15. Jesta'

Jan 25, 2017
    I was being sarcastic.

16. TetsuAero

Jan 24, 2008
    lol, you have to put in several emoticons to make a sarcastic comment in text form :p

Jesta' likes this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Points at this thread

The internet understands sarcasm just as much as a 3 year old maybe even less.

18. TetsuAero

Jan 24, 2008
    Time for my latest batch of concept art :D

First we have two pieces by David Le Merrer from the Bounty Hunter arc.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's the bomb from the Bad Batch arc.
    [​IMG]

Three pieces by David again, but this time from the Kashyyyk arc. We finally get a high rez of the boat. :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

From the SoD arc
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And a droid i couldn't place what arc it was in.
    [​IMG]

They come from the article here: http://www.iamag.co/features/star-wars-the-clone-wars-concept-art-by-david-le-merrer/

Notice that the Vizla Keep 09 art is the same as how it appears in Rebels. Which means Filoni and co, have built most of the assets for the SoD arc, except Malastare.

19. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
  20. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    TetsuAero That art is great, thanks for finding and sharing!

Gudenruben2 and TetsuAero like this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    That's some top notch concept they got there.

22. Jamie1001

Jamie1001 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 16, 2014

The droid in that last piece of concept art looks an awful lot like this droid from Ahsoka's Forces of Destiny episode!
    [​IMG]

23. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Holy heck you're right.

24. TetsuAero

Jan 24, 2008
    Wow, you're right :eek:
    Makes you wonder if they will use more of the TCW assets in FoD.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Your right! Looks the same to me.