main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Arcs that were not

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 16, 2014.

Tags:
?

Which unfinished story arcs would like to see fully animated in the future?

1. Darth Maul – Son of Dathomir

37.8%
  2. The Bounty Hunters arc

40.1%
  3. Ahsoka arc 1 – Ahsoka's Walkabout

21.8%
  4. The Yoda/Kashyyyk arc

23.7%
  5. Mon Cala arc

15.3%
  6. Ahsoka arc 2 – Ahsoka's Return to the Jedi

28.6%
  7. Dark Disciple

32.1%
  8. Rex and R2-D2 arc

17.6%
  9. The Siege of Mandalore

53.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    If he did, it's not true since Lucas himself, starting in Season 5, decided to start closing the open plotlines and respective characters that didn't exist in ROTS. Dathomir, Nightsisters, Ventress, Satine, Mandalore, Savage, Maul, Shadow Collective, etc... Those are all open storylines/threats that Lucas wanted to end since they do affect the storyline of the movies if left unresolved. Darth Maul being one (if not the major) one.

Some of those were already gone in that very season. Others were finished off in comics/novels but still within the series timeframe since they were adapted from unproduced episodes. Maul was shoehorned into the new series.

Jesta' and kalzeth like this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Just because Lucas was closing some lose ends didn’t mean he was going to close them all. If that were the case why was Ahsoka’s story not rapped up

3. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    @JKF: What a nice typo in the end. ;)

Yeah, let's write a long rap to wrap Ahsoka's fate up! I definitely second this. :D

4. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Yes, he was. That was the whole point. Ahsoka's story had ended. She was introduced in order for Anakin to be ready to let go, and when she left the Jedi, he had to deal with that. While she would have appeared later on in future episodes, her story and purpose was pretty much closed. Villains, on the other hand, had to be dealt with so that they wouldn't affect the impact of ROTS. Having a former (but still evil) Sith Lord running around during and post ROTS goes against the whole purpose.

Jesta' and kalzeth like this.
  5. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    But it was stated that in the Mandalore-Arc, which was supposed to be the last arc of TCW at all, that Ahsoka and Maul will survive it both.
    Rex is letting Maul go for rescuing Ahsoka instead.
    That was planned already before Rebels was in looming ahead.

6. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Where was that ever stated?

Jesta' likes this.
  7. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    That is to find here in Wookieepedia under the entry "Siege of Mandalore", based on official information from the 2016 Star Wars Celebration in Germany.
    Ahsoka saved Rex by letting Maul go, not vice versa as I wrote above

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Wait why did
    rex need saving

9. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    JKF: There is not more known about such details than you can find in the Wookieepedia-entry about the "Siege of Mandalore" yet.

10. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Rumors said that Ian Mcdiarmid recorded some lines for some future project which is said to not be rebels session 4, maybe it is for some release/motion comic/radio drama of the Underground Sith Temple arc. Sidious was a big player in that arc after all.

kalzeth and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  11. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    Whut? Source?

12. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Maybe it's for Battlefront II, unless Sam Witwer is voicing Palpatine's hologram robot things in that.

13. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    What are the chances that maybe next year we might get a season of clone wars? I still have faith and hope that they finish that off

Snafu55 likes this.
  14. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    What exactly was said on Celebration and regarding what? As it is, Wookieepedia is citing the Ahsoka novel, and that's not exactly an adaptation of TCW content.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Dyslexia strikes again :p

16. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    @JKF: That could happen to all of us due to a lack of time plus a wicked auto-correction. And when such turn out to be unintentional fun, so be it.

Alexrd: For I strongly presume an outcome of that final TCW-arc, be it on paper or on screen, I won't spend much efforts in searching this thread and elsewhere to find out what exactly K. Kennedy or Dave Filoni did utter in which minute during last year's SW-celebration. When you don't trust Wookieepedia, so just wait til we get that arc - solving so many questions. I'm looking forward to that without any hassle. ;P

17. DarthTalgus

Sep 3, 2012
    https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/201...rded-lines-for-star-wars-rebels-season-4.html

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  18. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    That's for The Last Jedi.

19. DarthTalgus

Sep 3, 2012

Nobody knows if it's for TLJ yet.

Speculation: I believe that we'll get some kind of announcement about a second Ahsoka novel or something about the lost 12 Ahsoka episodes, shortly after Ahsoka's return on Rebels. After all the first Ahsoka novel was announced shortly after the last big Ahsoka episode (Twilight of the Apprentice). I think it's most likely to be a second Ahsoka novel tho, since I believe that Filoni once stated t hat he had plans for Barris Offee and I can't see her returning in Rebels S4 so it's gotta be in something else.

Either way we might get more lost TCW info :)

MandaloreRex2015 and Sudooku like this.
  20. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    The Mandalore arc from s. 8 was about that Ahsoka and Rex are faking their deaths in order to go underground. But when the Mandalore arc is taking place during Palpatine's abduction by Grievous, why did Rex and Ahsoka see the necessity to disappear, when Order 66 is yet to come?

21. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Order 66 was meant to go down during the final part of the arc, while Ahsoka and Rex were on Mandalore.

Snafu55 and Sudooku like this.
  22. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    I checked Wookieepedia again: o.k. So that would mean that there were TCW-episodes planned without Dooku being around. I always thought that Anakin was withdrawn from Mandalore in order to save Palpatine from the Invisible Hand. So when this is not current anymore then Anakin's departure from Nelvaan for that sake in Genndy Tartakovsky's Cartoon is without contradiction anymore.

Snafu55 likes this.
  23. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    The final TCW arc would have shown Anakin leaving Mandalore to go and rescue Palpatine. Part of the arc would have run concurrent with ROTS, up to Order 66 going down.

24. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    So the arc is split and some other arcs are between the several episodes? For after Palpatine's rescue from the Invisible Hand, Padmé told Anakin about her pregnancy. She had no big womb at that time, so I presume her to be at the end of the first pregnancy trimester, means the third month. That would mean that between Palpatine's abduction by Grievous and Order 66 must lay 6 months roughly.

MrDarth0 likes this.
  25. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    From what we see in the film, ROTS takes place over only a few days, or 2 or 3 weeks at the most. Padme gives birth quite early, explaining the small baby bump.

The Siege of Mandalore arc would have been the last 4 eps of the series, with no gaps for other episodes.