main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Arcs that were not

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 16, 2014.

Tags:
?

Which unfinished story arcs would like to see fully animated in the future?

1. Darth Maul – Son of Dathomir

37.8%
  2. The Bounty Hunters arc

40.1%
  3. Ahsoka arc 1 – Ahsoka's Walkabout

21.8%
  4. The Yoda/Kashyyyk arc

23.7%
  5. Mon Cala arc

15.3%
  6. Ahsoka arc 2 – Ahsoka's Return to the Jedi

28.6%
  7. Dark Disciple

32.1%
  8. Rex and R2-D2 arc

17.6%
  9. The Siege of Mandalore

53.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Correct, but seeing a draft is better than nothing.

As for SOD, I believe Vos' role was cut before the show was cancelled. It would certainly mess with the second half of Dark Disciple, where Vos is the mysterious Admiral Enigma (though how much of that was original to the novel is unclear).

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  2. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    How would it mess with the second half of DD?
    The first half of Dark Disciple up until Ventress and Boba's rescue attempt happens before DD, so we would already know he's treading on the dark side.
    Or where you referring to that the viewer would somehow not know it's Vos who was Admiral Enigma?

3. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Let's say they release the scripts as you suggested. Is this hypothetical script-book canon?
    Maybe. [face_dunno] I would've liked seeing Vos in that power struggle. Even better, if he played a part in Showdown on Dathomir after his training session there. As much as I'd enjoy that, I doubt Sidious would allow Vos to tag along, y'know?

4. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Vos becomes the mysterious Admiral Enigma, so the Jedi don't suspect him as being responsible for their defeats, allowing to sneak back into their ranks.

It's also a small mystery for the audience, was Vos really dark the whole time or is he innocent. Add him working more directly for Dooku in SOD might diminish that a bit.

Though to be fair, it is a bit odd that in back to back arcs featuring Dooku, the latter makes no mention of his new apprentice, despite all the Sith infighting going on.

As to whether any hypothetical script book would be, first of all, as far as I'm aware the unreleased arcs are already treated as canon in the current Disney EU, and secondly, I don't particularly care if they're canon or not, I just want to read the stories. They would have been canon had they been completed. Other incomplete releases like the story reels are canon too.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  5. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I'd rather have a compilation of untouched drafts/stories/screenplays with the respective concept art than adaptations (with inevitable changes) that might or might not have been completely approved by Lucas.

6. lowell

lowell Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 11, 2014
    I'm guessing the Mon Cala story that is eventually coming both to Marvel's Vader (ROTS-centered) and main Star Wars comic will be some kind of resolution to the arc that was going to feature Padme, Lee-Char, and Tikkes. Considering 2 of the 3 are dead, I wouldn't be surprised if Lee-Char is featured in the comics for this new story like how Mandalore was continued in Rebels.

MandaloreRex2015 and cwustudent like this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I have never thought of it like that. It would be pretty cool to see him again.

8. lowell

lowell Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 11, 2014
    Since Vader (ROTS-centered) is expanding the Inquisitors storyline from Rebels, who's to say they're not tying up other loose ends. The main Star Wars comic will probably have Ackbar, some mention of Raddus after Vader's boarding over Scarif. Loose ends in Star Wars will get some resolution and it can happen in any media form.

9. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    Rebels should've had a Rex and Cody arc

10. AniSkylover

AniSkylover Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 5, 2001
    From this Marvel editor Jordan D. White interview :
    https://www.newsarama.com/38795-mar...nto-through-a-new-hope-and-force-awakens.html

11. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I really hope Marvel does reference elements from that unfinished Mon Cala story arc in their upcoming Vader comic about the aquatic world. My favorite character Senator Tikkes was meant to be a big part of that unfinished story so I hope he gets referenced in some way. If Marvel can kill off Lott Dod in a comic about Poe Dameron then they can give some history to Tikkes with their OT era comics. It has happened already with Wat Tambor. The leader of the Techno Union was mentioned and talked about in the Doctor Aphra comic book series. I hope the same is done for Tikkes in the near future. If "Star Wars" has taught me anything... There is always hope!

Watto, iPodwithnomusic and TetsuAero like this.
  12. TetsuAero

Jan 24, 2008
    Now you made me think about how you would have reacted if George had waited one year to sell and there'd be Mon Cala story reels.

13. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Oh, I would have gone nuclear... I would have posted "Thank you!" letters to every person responsible for this to happen... I have would have very happy overall.

14. AniSkylover

AniSkylover Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 5, 2001
  15. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Exile? Wonder what happened. :(

16. TetsuAero

Jan 24, 2008
    A nice tidbit in the new FoD episode: Bounty Hunted

We're on Ord Mantell, and the design of the streets follow the designs from the TCW concept art.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    That came from the Ventress art right?

18. Gudenruben2

Gudenruben2 Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 10, 2014
    I recently remembered that I made an album for all the art a couple of years ago and since I have continued to collect the art i decided to update it. Please tell me if something is incorrect or if I am missing anything. Link:

edit: I don't know how to link directly to the album without embedding it.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So do you think we will get any lost arcs or anyrhing like that for the tenth anniversary?

ChrisLyne likes this.
  20. Gudenruben2

Aug 10, 2014
    It came from Son of Dathomir. Check the album above.

MandaloreRex2015 and TetsuAero like this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The concept art for these episodes is amazing.

22. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    I think there's a piece of art showing both Rex and Ahsoka on wolves in Siege of Mandalore, but I'm not sure if it was made before TCW ended.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think it was made after TCW ended.

TetsuAero and Gudenruben2 like this.
  24. Gudenruben2

Aug 10, 2014
    I think so too. Isn't Rex old in that picture as well?

25. kalzeth

kalzeth Jedi Master star 3

Aug 26, 2017
    I like the skorr cameo in FoD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk