main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Arena 2011-12 NFL Fantasy Football League (was: Who runs the NFL Fantasy League?)

Discussion in 'Community' started by WookatMe, Jul 28, 2011.

1. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    you know, that MIGHT not necessarily be a bad thing, depending on if he's good rex or not.:p

2. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Beck is prolly getting the week 1 starting job. So not good.

3. Eeth-my-Koth

May 25, 2001
    Congrats to the Who dat Nation!
    Yahoo says you had the best draft.
    Does Yak agree?

4. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    ah, i see.

and where did you find that out? i'm curious, didn't know they did that.

5. whiteeagle

whiteeagle Jedi Master star 6

Dec 24, 2004
    It's in big bold letters to the right when you scroll down on the league home page

6. EBSaints

EBSaints Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 29, 2002
    Ben Tate is projected for 20 big fantasy points ... for the season. Nice to be recognized by Yahoo's awesome projections for the best draft, since they are so accurate.

7. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Find out... Probably...
    Tomorrow.

8. WookatMe

WookatMe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2010
    I will be at work from about 8-9 tomorrow. I guess I will pick up the scraps and fill out my team when I get home since the site is blocked up my work.

9. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Same problem going on here.

10. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    well, it's fine with me. and since i only need a kicker and a def, i doubt i'm gonna be taking anyone anyone else particularly wants. most likely.

11. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    well... given that it's now almost 4 PM eastern time... i'm going to do my FA stuff.

12. Eeth-my-Koth

May 25, 2001
    I almost forgot. Managed to be second in at about 3:15.
    Got Mason Crosby, K, Green Bay and Hernandez, TE, New England.

13. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    finally figured out who to drop for a defense. got giants d, mercedes lewis (who i didn't realize hadn't been picked yet) and rob bironas.

14. Eeth-my-Koth

May 25, 2001
    Lewis is a good pick up at the free agency. Why the hell didn't I take him? LOL

15. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    oh, i dunno, probably because i grabbed him before you showed up?:p

i had jared cook, and then noticed lewis, and was like... really? so yea, that was probably the single easiest FA move i've ever made all things considered.

can't wait to see if stafford is actually worth having around or not. i find yahoo's expectations for him to be a bit... low. 6/1 td/int ratio and only about 550 yrds for the entire year.

16. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    because they figure he'll get hurt 3 weeks in and miss half the year :p

17. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i kinda doubt that'll happen again. but guess we'll see. he very well might be the bob sanders of the QB position.

18. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Yeah I got hired at Papa Johns yesterday, and came in that same day. So no breakdowns yesterday. Just got back from there again lol. Breakdowns possibly today.

19. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    And now, I shall do the breakdowns. Quickly. Oh well, would?ve liked to have done a better analysis, but here it is.

Out of Contention

10. Strife
    QB Sanchise/NYJ
    RB The Burner/ATL
    RB Addai/IND
    WR Ochocinco/NE
    WR Danny Amendola/STL
    Flex Reggie Bush/MIA
    TE Ben Watson/CLE
    K Garrett Hartley/NO
    DEF NYJ/NYJ
    BN Austin Collie, WR/IND
    BN Colt McCoy, QB/CLE
    BN Devin Hester, WR/Chi
    BN Olindo Mare, K/CAR
    BN Brandon Pettigrew, TE/DET

I?m sorry. Sanchez, Addai, 2 kicks before round 14? I?m sorry. I?m not likin this. Turner, sure. Chad, probably. Maybe even Bush or Watson. But on the whole, I mean, nah. Make some moves, or something. This is desperation time to save some face here. Right now there?s like, no hope.

9. Tee
    QB Matty Ice/ATL
    RB- AP/Min
    RB Ahmad Bradshaw/RB
    WR Larry Fitz/ARI
    WR Mike Williams/TB
    Flex Deangelo/CAR
    TE K Winslow/TB
    K Matt Bryant/ATL
    DEF Chitown/CHI
    BN B-More D/BAL
    BN Sam Bradford, QB/STL
    BN Zach Miller, TE/SEA
    BN Deion Branch, WR/NE
    BN Marshawn Lynch, RB/SEA

I like AP. Yeah I know, what brilliant analysis. That?s what they pay me for. I?m sort of Okay with the rest of this squad though. I?m not scared. Not disappointed, just not scared. Fitz will be better than last year, but it?s still not Warner. Lynch and Miller on the bench could be something there, but overall I?m just not really scared by much of this. Kinda meh.

Need Help

8. Eethy
    QB Big Ben/Pit
    RB Chris Johnson/Tenn
    RB Felix Jones/Dal
    WR Andre Johnson/Hou
    WR Santonio/NYJ
    Flex Law Firm/NE
    TE Gates/SD
    K?
    DEF Det/Det
    BN Schaub, QB/Hou
    BN Sidney Rice, WR/SEA
    BN LT, RB/NYJ
    BN Marion Barber, RB/Chi
    BN Kenny Britt, WR/Tenn
    BN Johnny Knox, WR/Chi

CJ3 the thief, stealin that money from Tennessee. But he was also a steal for you at 4. The other RBs though, I mean, Jones will be done by week 5, and this cast backing him up is sad. Santonio, I will go to my grave saying he?s overrated. Unless he gets better. Ben, Andre, CJ, Gates, yeah I?m diggin that. Your hopes for any sort of a championship hinge on trading one of your QBs to get that piece, probably at HB. I just don?t see it otherwise.

7. EB
    QB WhoDat/NO
    RB Arian Foster/Hou
    RB Forte/CHI
    WR Megatron/DET
    WR Mike Wallace/PIT
    Flex Harvin/MIN
    TE Owen Daniels/HOU
    K
    DEF No/NO
    BN Jahvid Best, RB/DET
    BN Maclin, WR/PHI
    BN Hightower, RB/Wash
    BN Darren Sproles, RB/NO
    BN Lance Moore, WR/NO
    BN Ben Tate, RB/Hou

Arian Foster. Meh. Now injured. Ugh. Oh well, you couldn?t do anything about that 2nd part. But serves you and everyone else who picked him that high right. I don?t like Forte, but oh well, I do love the WRs, right down to Maclin on the bench there, and you have some good HB depth and nice job on Tate, though Sproles seems like he?s redundant and I?d just drop him foreal. NO defense needs some help there, it ain?t that nice. You got some good WRs and covered your HBs with depth, it?s kind of nice and Brees is excellent. A team that needs to be carried by WRs scares me, but it could do some stuff though I wouldn?t expect a championship or close unless Foster just proves me wrong when he gets back.

The Bubble

6. Gersh
    QB A-Rodge/GB
    RB Action Jackson/STL
    RB Knowshon/Den
    WR Greg Jennings/GB
    WR Colston/NO
    Flex Ryan Matthews/SD
    TE Tony G/ATL
    K?
    DEF Dal/DAL
    BN Mark Ingram, RB/NO
    BN Beanie Wells, RB/ARI
    BN Hines Ward, WR/PIT
    BN Joe Cool, QB/BAL
    BN Mike Thomas, WR/Jax
    BN Dustin Keller, TE/ NYJ

Again, not impressed by HBs. Jax is a good one, the rest are just average. Rodgers, Jennings, Hines even, I?m diggin and Colston should be very good as well. Matthews could really give you a boost, or not, not sure. Again I think you?ll end up with a QB trade for some help, and I think you?re an HB or perhaps just some exceeded expectations, which usually happens, from championship contention. I say playoffs? Maybe. But probably just out.

5. Wook
    QB Vick/PHI
    RB Mendenhall/PIT
    RB GORE!/ SF
    WR Roddy White/ATL
    WR Brandon Marshall/MIA
    Flex Shonn Greene/NYJ
    TE Dallas Clark/IND
    K???
    DEF GB/GB
    BN Green Lantern, RB/CAR
    BN Plax, WR/NYJ
    BN Matt Cassel, QB/KC
    BN Lee Evans, WR/BAL
    BN Brandon Jacobs, RB/NYG

20. Eeth-my-Koth

May 25, 2001
    Just read your assessment of my team. I agree with all points and am fearful of my running back situation. I'm just waiting for a surprise rookie or free agent to wow us and then sneak up and grab him.

21. EBSaints

EBSaints Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 29, 2002
    I guarantee I will make the playoffs!

22. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    umm... boldin didn't do much last year, and isn't looking to really do all that much this year that i can see. just saying. he's not the best flex option on that team that i can see.

might have more to say later.

oh, and about LSH? he was one of the best pickups i made last season. could not have been happier with him. and stafford i got because IF he stays healthy he could very easily end up as a top 8 QB, especially once calvin johnson gets healthy again. and that's just fine by me, if manning's out for a little while.

23. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    I despise you, and everyone who looks like you, for drafting? Him. He Who Shall Not Be Named (but is an elite QB).

Oh yeah, right there with you, he's an absolute Deustche Bank who makes me feel like punching him in the face every time I see his Deustche Bank face. But, he's a good QB.

24. WookatMe

WookatMe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2010
    I'll take the bubble. I didn't like any of the RB's I would have been expected to take at #1, so I figured I would go with a qb/rb and get as many points as I could. I am sure he will miss some time but I thought it would be worth the risk. Plus being an Eagles fan it helps make it that much more enjoyable for me.

25. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    so... i'm suddenly very glad i picked up jordy nelson before last nights game. and now i'm doubly glad i grabbed cobb. good year for packers wideouts, so long as rodgers stays healthy.