main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Arena 2011-12 NFL Fantasy Football League (was: Who runs the NFL Fantasy League?)

Discussion in 'Community' started by WookatMe, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    My match seemed to be in hand going in yesterday, and then Brady happened. Needless to say, it became a total blowout. [face_plain]

2. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Yeah, I think alot of QBs are going to "happen" on the Fins, unless their corners really show some improvement from what I saw of them the last couple years. Did they get anyone new back there?

3. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    yea... this would be the main reason i never consider a match to be over until both QBs have played. you never know what they're going to do.

4. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Lost by 2 points. Steven Jackson has one run scores and is out for the rest of the game. ****!!!!!!!

5. whiteeagle

whiteeagle Jedi Master star 6

Dec 24, 2004
    [face_peace] Having Gronkowski was an added bonus.

6. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    sheesh... i could conceivably score 200 points this week. i just need twenty from mccoy, which seems imminently possible.

and i left points on the bench. that's just crazy. definitely starting cam newton next week though. another 56 points from him. i think he's gonna be rookie of the year.

7. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    So, I'm just a little bit upset at Yahoo. Last night, with Dez Bryant questionable, I decided to pull him from my W/T position, and put Stevie Johnson there from my W/R position, putting Beanie Wells in the W/R.

Apparently that never took, and when I signed in today, Bryant was still sitting up there. Now, I was lucky in that Bryant's game wasn't until later, and I was able to sub him out for Malcolm Floyd. Sure, this only ended up costing me 8 points, but I didn't forget to hit "submit changes" or anything, so it was kind of annoying.

Anyway. I guess I'll live with 172 points.

8. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    that really sucks luigi. i hate when stuff like that happens.

well, i broke 200 this week. 207 to be exact, and i had better people on the bench. that was just nuts.

anyone in the live league get that high out of curiosity?

9. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    No, right now mine is the highest score by almost 20 points.

What is going on in that other league? You guys are scoring out of your ears.

10. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    ten people instead of however many were in the other one. and the next closest in ours was EB with 174, so i think they're pretty close really. i just had a good week. that's what happens when you have mccoy, mcfadden, and hillis as your RBs and ryan fitzpatrick for a QB (to be replaced by cam newton, unsurprisingly). i still don't have any particularly good wideouts though. which sucks.

11. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Oh, you have fewer teams? I guess we know who will be getting the high score every week.

12. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I thought they were both 10 teams?

Ah, I see it is 10 vs 12.

In light of this new information we can probably go 24 hrs for both league high scorers.

13. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    well, thus far the high scorer for our league has been a major outlier, and there were two people higher than everyone but EB in the other league last week. i seriously doubt we're going to have someone scoring in the 190s - 200s every week because that just is not normal regardless of who many teams there are.

that said, i don't really care either way honestly. don't expect to win that again this season.

14. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    No, Marcus.

[image=http://sentacavala.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/challenge-accepted1.jpg]

15. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    I hate you juli.

16. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
  17. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Could be a long season for the Caribbean Steel.

18. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    Trimaj and EmpireForever the high scorers?

19. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    does anyone want dwayne bowe? i'd be interested in trade offers.

20. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    wow. no peyton hillis and getting a goose egg from him, and i'm still at 172 with mcfadden playing and santana moss and fred davis left to play against the cowboys. i could break 200 for the second week in a row. this is insane. thank you wes welker.

again, dwayne bowe is up for trade offers if anyone wants him. he actually did get 13 points so far right now.

21. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    My first win baby! I will wear these socks as I keep this winning steak for the next 15 weeks.

22. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    welp, this was just a frustrating week in a few ways. for instance not having someone in for peyton hillis. but i couldn't have won this week. congrats EB.

23. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    A mediocre 60 points from Brady exposed my horrible RB situation this week.

24. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    EBSaints and gersh?

25. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Wow, first win in my league and I got the point title. Maybe we can build on this.