main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Arena 2011-12 NFL Fantasy Football League (was: Who runs the NFL Fantasy League?)

Discussion in 'Community' started by WookatMe, Jul 28, 2011.

1. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Jackie Battle will probably be starting for the rest of the year since Charles is gawn. Torain split with Hightower maybe and Murray is a third-stringer. Battle is best short term I would've thought, then Torain.

Long term are you talking dynasty or rest of the season?

2. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    [image=http://www.freeinfosociety.com/media/images/3462.gif]

I aint afraid...

3. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Talking season, Marcus. I wish we could get a whole group to stay with their teams so we could have a dynasty. And I'm inclined to agree with your assessment, except it seems the Boyz may like Murray over Choice. But that remains to be seen.

4. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Sorry, looks like Murray was the immediate-term choice. Holy crap man.

5. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    Hey Eethy, congrats on getting a 58 yard FG from Crosby to pull ahead by a point. You're so lucky I started McCoy over Sanchez.

Oh wait, I still have one more player tonight... [face_devil]

6. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Oh man I just got blasted this week in my main league. Oh man.

7. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    brees just destroyed me single-handedly in the jc league. i managed to win pretty easily in my main league despite the fact that i have both brady and welker and it was the patriots' bye week.

8. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    So, after getting burned a second time by Ryan Torain this week (grrrrr), I made the decision that I was done with him and with Shanahan's use of Running Backs, never again.

Then I check the news today and see that Hightower's done for the year. So Torain would have to be the feature back, right? Right? I feel like the good girl who's dating the douchebag that keeps cheating on her. He said he'll never do it again, and I should believe him this time, right? I can totally change him. Right?

9. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    OK, so the name of my team in my other fantasy league is "Tarvaris Jackson's No-Pass Attack". (It used to be "Jon Kitna's Action Pass Attack" back in the day when Kitna was on the Seahawks and Bengals, then I changed it to "Brandon Lloyd's Stealth Attack" when he was on the 49ers and Redskins and would suddenly score phantom touchdowns in between long stretches of absolutely nothing, but then he got good last year so I needed a new name.)

During half time of the Broncos-Dolphins game, after watching Tim Tebow do even less than absolutely nothing, I changed the name of my team to "Tim Tebow's No-Pass Attack". Then he goes out and wins the game with 5 minutes left on the clock. Coincidence? I think not.

10. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    No, it is a coincidence, the Dolphins really are just that bad. And the kicker? They'll screw up and win a game and won't be able to draft Luck. :p

11. EBSaints

EBSaints Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 29, 2002
    Who Dat!

12. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    so you know what really, really sucks? having the second most points in the JC old school league... and three wins to show for it. [face_frustrated]

13. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    well, i actually won this week, so that was nice. second highest point total too. i'll give you one guess who was number one, but i doubt anyone'll need it.

14. WookatMe

WookatMe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2010
    It has been a brutal season for me. Not a good debut showing for the JC. I am leading one of my other leagues and fairing well in the other. But man I just can't get anything going in the JC league. Could be worse, I could be Eethy.

15. EBSaints

May 29, 2002
    This could be the week that Who Dat Nation goes down. I pull up my lineup and almost my whole starting lineup is on bye. :oops:

16. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    I need a win bad this week.

17. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    been a freaky strange year, but i seem to be on a bit of a winning streak. *fingers crossed* and, craziness, i outscored who dat by 1 point for the high score this week. heh.

18. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    Ok, this is getting re-damn-diculous now. I draft Jamaal Charles, IR. LeGarette Blount, hurt and bad the entire time he's on my roster. Fred Jackson, IR. And now they're carting Kevin Smith off the field. Grrrrr. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

19. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    that really sucks helmet.

can't believe it, but i beat the who dat nation. crazy year.

20. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    well, after a very up and down year, seems it's you and me again EB. luck and all that. mainly in the no injuries that'll effect either department.

21. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    Yah congrats guys. EB kicked my booty around.

22. EBSaints

May 29, 2002
    It's been a fun year!

23. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    I did better than i thought i was going to.

24. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    well, congrats EB. don't think the outcome was terribly surprising all things considered. just wish i'd done two things different this past week, but oh well.

that's good tee.

25. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Congrats EB!=D=

Yeah third place and i barely squeaked by.:p