main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The We're Bored So Let's Talk About Whatever Arena Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Maybe it's a good thing he's retiring next year.

2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

My brother told me about as I got home from work... how the **** did he make that mistake? Seriously? :p

3. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I've now lived in an NBA city for the last 6 years, I just can't get into it. I love college basketball but once they move on to the pro's I just don't give a crap about the game. Anyone feel the same?

4. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I respect why people love the college game, but I can really never get into because I consider it to be an inferior form of basketball (in that it's too different from the pro game, as opposed to college football (which is more like pro football)).

5. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    That's basically me, too. I occasionally watch the NBA on tv, but I just can't get into it as much as the college game.

6. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    The first time I cried over a sporting event result, it was an NBA game. So, while it's not my most passionate, and not what I care about most, it always has that special place in my heart.

7. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I mean I guess I pay some attention to the scores and where the Jazz are in the standings but that's mainly because most of the Jazz players see movies at the movie theater that I run so I need to be able to chat with them. But that's pretty much where it ends. I didn't watch in Dallas at all. When I lived in Denver same thing. But here I guess I have a bit of a reason too.

8. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/olympic...-marathon-canceled-due-storm-related-concerns

Good. Unlike tonight's Heat/Knicks game, tomorrow night's Raptors/Nets game, and Sunday's Steelers/Giants game, you don't have massive swaths of the city tied up in letting a event get through... it's merely people convergening at a single site. But of course, there are some (Wade, Felton about tonight's Miami/New York tilt) who don't any of these events ought to go on, and I can understand that sentiment.

Juliet316 likes this.
  9. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    I think that the cancellation was the right move. Priorities change, rightly so.

And I think it might be time to get excited for the MLS Cup playoffs, with the semis starting on tonight. :D

10. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I heard that even with the cancellation they haven't done anything with those generators. If they weren't going to move them they should've just ran the marathon.

Richmond has been excited though because their marathon is this coming weekend and apparently they got a bunch of entries from those who couldn't run in NY.

11. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    [​IMG]

The Lakers honored all the Southern California gold medal winners from London at Staples Center last night. :cool:

Juliet316 likes this.
  12. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    That's pretty cool.

13. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
  14. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    This just happened:

Inty: Eddie Johnson scored a goal
    Mrs Inty: Oh, the grown ass man?

Darth McClain likes this.
  15. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    That's just awesome.

16. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Happy Thanksgiving Arena! As silly as it sounds, I'm thankful for this place and the community it gives me. Thankful for good friends like DarthTunick s65horsey and Darth McClain among many others.

Also Thankful for this goal:

17. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Happy Thanksgiving, Inty, 'sey, Tunick, Trikes, R...J, and all the other regulars throughout the years This place wouldn't be the same without you guys.

DarthTunick and s65horsey like this.
  18. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Happy Thanksgiving to everyone :)

DarthTunick likes this.
  19. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Happy Thanksgiving guys! I don't think I'd still be coming here if it wasn't for the crew that usually posts in the Arena tab of the boards. I've enjoyed learning to love soccer with DarthIntegral and Darth McClain as well as those that make the Streaks game fun and competitive and DarthTunick as the host.

DarthTunick and Darth McClain like this.
  20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Happy Thanksgiving. Made a Turkey Lasagna for Thanksgiving Dinner and I hope it came out right.[face_nail_biting]

DarthTunick likes this.
  21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    And it did! Yay!

DarthTunick likes this.
  22. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    what is/goes in a turkey lasagna?

23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    This is the recipe I worked off of. I used the ground turkey instead of ground beef like you would in a normal meat sauce in Lasagna. Tweaked the seasonings a little and did garlic powder instead of actual garlic since we didn't have that. It was actually really really easy to do.

Between the dish coming out perfect and my team winning this ranks among the Best Thanksgivings Ever.

Now I need to chase down a YouTube of CM Punk as Grand Marshall of the Chicago Thanksgiving Day Parade.

DarthTunick likes this.
  24. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    As many people here know I'm no fan of college basketball, in part due to how annoying the student sections are during a game (specifically the standing up the entire time, and the jumping & down/screaming all at once), but the one thing I do like are those gigantic paper heads some of them having during a game, including this from last night's UNC/Indiana game (courtesy of Bill Simmons Twitter feed). :

[​IMG]

25. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    The obnoxious student sections are one of my favorite parts of college basketball.

That is a cool shot.