Arena The Arena Social Thread is Talking about teh BAN RAZOR?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I love the races. That and swimming are probably my two favorite parts of the Summer Games.
  2. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    The shorter the race, the more I enjoy it. I have a hard time getting into the multiple trips around the track races.
  3. Juliet316 Streak for Colours Bonanza Winner

Game Winner
    star 7
    I liked track and field, but swimming and gymnastics were my favorite parts of the games.
  4. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    They never show enough of the Equestrian stuff. I'm hoping with more of the equine social sites live streaming things in the last few years that they'll do the Olympics too so I can see more than just a few horses go Cross Country.
  5. Juliet316 Streak for Colours Bonanza Winner

Game Winner
    star 7
    As a horse lover myself, I wouldn't mind seeing more of that either. Perhaps with the games being in London, the Equestrian events will be spotlighted more.
  6. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    I hope so! I think it is a good sign they show up in the commercials they've been playing here.
  7. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    The 2008 men's spring events with Usain Bolt living up to the hype were awesome. Australia has a real shot at a gold on the track too in the women's hurdles. Pity that Steve Hooker has lost his pole vault mojo.
  8. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    A picture made of win that just came across my twitter feed:

[image=https://p.twimg.com/Anr9ethCEAAO6If.jpg]
  9. KenKenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    I think I just...yes I just had an orgasm over that.
  10. DarthTunick Arena Streak for Colors Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    My least favorite time of the sports calendar has arrived. :(

Are you on Facebook?

Los Angeles Lakers: Drama, guaranteed.
  11. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
  12. Juliet316 Streak for Colours Bonanza Winner

Game Winner
    star 7

I'm not. Facebook has too many privacy issues for me to ever be comfortable with it.
  13. KenKenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    Juliet are you my grandmother
  14. Juliet316 Streak for Colours Bonanza Winner

Game Winner
    star 7

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Not unless my birth certificate lied to me about being in my early thirties.:p

I'm not saying nobody should use facebook, and I know a few companies require them for jobs, but the privacy issues, including the privacy policy changing on a dime (not to mention a family member's facebook was hacked not to long ago. Said family member was a minor.) and I'm just not that comfortable with having one.

I did actually cave and join Twitter. I'm just haven't been on it in awhile.
  15. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    I much prefer Twitter to Facebook. But Facebook has some serious uses that are too good to pass up.
  16. DarthTunick Arena Streak for Colors Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10

Add me! :p

17. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I wholeheartedly agree with this.
  18. DarthTunick Arena Streak for Colors Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    So, it appears the the JC move is finally going to begin, starting next week (on the 21st). This poses 2 questions I have for everyone here.:

1) How many of you are planning on posting on the temporary board? If everyone who is a regular does, then I might continue on with a special version of the colors game over there.

2) Will there be a sports forum on the temporary boards?

19. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    We're tentatively not planning on having a sports forum on the Temp Boards. All sports discussion can take place in the Community forum.
  20. jcgoble3 Force Ghost

star 4
    From the original April Fool's moving thread in Comms (post dated 4/1/10 8:38pm EDT):

Still sticking to that? :p
  21. DarthTunick Arena Streak for Colors Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    Not a chance in hell.

[image=http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p530/AWT32/GRUMPY.jpg]

Jack disapproves.

22. DarthTunick Arena Streak for Colors Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    The only downside of running the Colors game is having to look at NCAA tournament related coverage on websites.

:p

23. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
  24. Juliet316 Streak for Colours Bonanza Winner

Game Winner
    star 7
    Well, at least Coach K will now have more time to devote to the Olympics this summer.:p
  25. DarthTunick Arena Streak for Colors Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    [image=http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p530/AWT32/PWGIII.jpg][image=http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p530/AWT32/PWGII.jpg]

Went to a PWG wrestling show last night (3rd show for me since last summer), and one hell of great time. The American Legion hall venue where this is held at (just a 10+ minute walk from my house) isn't very big, so any seat really is a good one, but I sat yesterday right by the wrestler's entrance/exit, so I got high five a bunch of them before or after a match. :D About the 2 photos: Photo 1, a 3-way tag team match that was a setup for next month's show, a tag team tournament; Photo 2, the final match of the night, a 3-way single's match that had PWG champion El Generico defend his title...............which he lost to Kevin Steen, the wrestler you see in the photo there. Also in that photo, you'll see 2 of the gentlemen who sat right in front of me............each wore a San Francisco Giants hat. [face_plain] :p And of course, throughout the night, various chants were yelled by the crowd, which is one of the best parts about going to a PWG show. For a match that featured a Russian wrestler, the chants included "Mother Russia!", "Sputnik!" & "USSR!". :p