main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The We're Bored So Let's Talk About Whatever Arena Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Nov 16, 2006.

1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    [​IMG]

Notice the ad in the bottom-right corner...

heels1785 and Juliet316 like this.
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Tunes.
    Tunes.
    TUNES!

Olbermann moving to 5pm EST on ESPN2, and he will also be co-hosting SPORTSCENTER occasionally. Awesome!

3. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    heels1785 The only part of that I like is the bit where he'll be back on SportsCenter from time-to-time... otherwise, I don't like this at all. Why?

1) It'll be up against Around The Horn on many days, and I'm an unabashed ATH fan... been so since the original/Kellerman-era. Thus, when I'm able to watch 'em live at-home, I'll have to DVR one as I watch the other. Yeah, yeah, it's a 1st world problem, but still.

2) Obviously this means a content change to Olbermann, as obviously what can be done in a 60-minute program can't be exactly replicated in a 30-minute program. His show as-is runs just fine... sure, his appearances on SportsCenter will make up slightly for paucity of Keith Lights that are to come, but I say "slightly" for a reason. I'm going to miss the 60-minute version terribly.

Sorry to burst your Keith bubble there, heels.
    :p

heels1785 likes this.
  4. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

[​IMG]

LloydChristmas It's still your Day of Birth here on the West Coast! :D

5. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    With Tony Reali leaving PTI after last week (and now hosting Around The Horn from New York City, to go along with now having a role on Good Morning America), I've been busy in YouTubing classic bits from PTI, when I came across this gem:

Juliet316 likes this.
  6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Roses are Red
    Violets are Glorious
    A Not Guilty Verdict
    For Oscar Pistorious

7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    In related news, Chewbacca lives on Endor

Juliet316 and dp4m like this.
  8. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    From Gheorghe Mureșan, to James Carville, and the Teddy Roosevelt mascot from the Nats, PTI's fill-in stat boys have been fantastic this week.

9. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
  10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    NIAWYC

Without even watching.

11. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Was able to catch the Peterson one tonight - Sportscenter is also starting to pick up and run some of Keith's commentary. I like his interaction with Bob Ley at the end of the show, resembles how he and Maddow used to banter back and forth a bit.

Darth Tunes likes this.
  12. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    That, and the fact that a version of Keith Lights remains, is helping me get over my umbrage over the new 30-minute format.

13. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    ESPN has really let some of their anchors let loose on everything that's gone down in the NFL in the last week or so. I didn't catch the CBS or FOX pre game shows yesterday, but CBS let James Brown give an empassioned speech about domestic violence on Thursday's CBS pre - game.

14. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
  15. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I love Jeter. But I love this too.

Darth Tunes and Juliet316 like this.
  16. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

The Dodgerfilms "Ginger shot" experience...

17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Juliet316 likes this.
  18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    this is dayton kicker WILLIAM WILL (yes his name is WILLIAM WILL) scoring on his own kickoff.

even better, WILLIAM WILL's father is BILL WILL (ty deadspin)

jcgoble3, DarthIntegral and Juliet316 like this.
  19. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

I just had to give that video a viewing today (it's a bit dated, though); Vic "The Brick" Jacobs is the perfect character for the L.A. sports scene. :cool:

20. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    [​IMG]

heels1785 Note the 3 gentlemen right in front of Big Bird...

:D

heels1785 likes this.
  21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Only three of the greatest people to walk this Earth.

Darth Tunes likes this.
  22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003

lou holtz nearly made me fall out of my chair

Juliet316 and DarthIntegral like this.
  23. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    Bill Simmons finds the Cleveland misery tipping point

This article was one of the first times where I have truly and honestly stopped to think about how ****ed up it is to be a Cleveland fan. As I was reading it, I was remembering how my mom has always talked about (with almost a sense of pride or...honor, I guess?) being at the Red Right 88 game. It almost brought on a sense of nostalgia. And then there's this --

And he really hits it just spot-on there. I don't expect to ever see the Browns win a championship in my lifetime. I have a terrible feeling about the Cavs. I feel excited about them but I also can't help but feel like nothing will come of this. And that's most definitely how I feel about the Indians. I learned to love baseball, love Cleveland sports right when those Glory Days or whatever you want to call it started. I remember my first Indians game, against the A's, and it was tied with guys on in the 9th and Manny was up with 2 outs and he won the game and I sat with my mom in the nosebleeds and she lost her mind. But then they just gutted us year after year after year with blown chances and rebuilding on rebuilding on rebuilding on rebuilding and it just hurt so much that I kind of sort of lost all faith in them.

I get it. It's hometown loyalty and it's pride, but it's weird when it hurts as much as it does for Cleveland.

And yet we are all so proud to be fans of our miserable teams.

tl;dr Cleveland sports are sad and I get all emotional about it

DarthIntegral likes this.
  24. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Since late in the week, across all FOX sports channels, this atrocity has occurred:

[​IMG].

I can't wait for a flying Santa (and his reindeer) to be circling around the scoring bug in 2015. :p

25. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Who's up for some 2014 retrospective? Rather than a dedicated thread that always dies way too quickly, let's just get some categories in here and share our favorites, new things, and memories from 2014.

I'll start with two categories. Feel free to respond to these two and/or add your own categories. I'll be doing a top three, but don't feel obligated to stick to three.

Favorite new Man Crushes

1) J. T. Barrett, QB Ohio State
    2) Ethan Finlay, MF Columbus Crew
    3) Corey Kluber, SP Cleveland Spiders

Favorite Acquisitions, Teams I Care About Category

1) LeBron James, Cavaliers
    2) LeBron James, Cavaliers
    3) LeBron James, Cavalers

Okay, fine

2) Michael Parkhurst, Columbus Crew
    3) Steve Clark, Columbus Crew