main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The We're Bored So Let's Talk About Whatever Arena Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Nov 16, 2006.

1. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    I said Boo-urns.....

2. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Stop socializing in here. [face_plain]

3. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/Arcee-D2/KneelBeforeMod.jpg]

4. Confidence

Confidence Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    Bah! He's not a mod of this non-existant possible forum, and particularly not in this un-potential social thread which isn't.

5. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    I love this place and I do like the colours, although, if you want to change it then how about blue and yellow?

*ducks as everyone throws their empty (I hope) cans at me*

Okay, okay, maybe not besides, a girl can dream can?t she.

Oh well, hi everyone, gee, I?m to new with sport, just a year ago I used to fall asleep every time someone just mentioned it, hmm, things change fast, although, I wouldn't call myself anything near an expert, yet, but maybe some day.

6. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Halftime break... so this is the part where I get to complain about the stadiums not having enough female restrooms?

-sj loves kevin spacey

7. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    As long as you get to do your business, you've got no reason to complain.

8. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    i don't think men have much credibility on this issue, tunick.

9. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Go to a NASCAR event sometime. Then you'll know how we feel. The only place on earth where there is a line for the Men's restroom and not the Women's.

10. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    The lines for the men's restrooms at Dodger Stadium have the potential to be quite long, KnightWriter. :p

11. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Sunday I almost missed the second half kickoff. That would have made me very angry.

-sj loves kevin spacey

12. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Really? :eek: I have to go there one day. Never have seen such a thing. :eek:

13. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

A kickoff is special? :p Seriously, though, even if you missed the kickoff, you would have been there for the vast majority of the 2nd half. That's what counts.

14. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    The whole match counts. When I go to Goodison, I don't leave my seat. I get into the stadium about half an hour before kick-off, and remain in position for the whole 90 minutes plus half-time. I can't understand paying to go to a game and not seeing it all. Don't drink lots before the match, and don't prostitute yourself to the crappy food clubs flog at every opportunity. I'm there to see the football, not miss action because I want (but don't need) some food.

15. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Not sure about football and American football stadiums, but for baseball, that's the great thing about it. The vendors come to you.

16. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Ah yeah that's a good point. Both kinds of football are halves, and Baseball is much longer. And I suppose my kind of football is shorter than the other kind.

17. George_Roper

George_Roper Jedi Knight star 7

May 1, 2005
    I dislike it when sports last more than 2 hours. Unless it's just extra time for a tie.

18. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Fixed.

19. George_Roper

George_Roper Jedi Knight star 7

May 1, 2005
  20. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

Except the vendors at Dodger Stadium don't bring over Dodger Dogs. They bring pizza, but not the damn hot dogs.[face_frustrated]:p

21. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    I'll stick with the 'who needs food at a sporting event' line of thought. Unless for some reason I'm not able to get dinner before a evening basketball game (which will annoy me), I generally dont get food at games. Occasionally I'll have a Strawberry Chill at a football game, but not if it makes me miss game time. The reason I'm there is, after all, for the game.

22. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I don't get up to eat during games. I send my dad to get water sometimes because I get a sore throat from all the yelling ;)

I usually don't go to the bathroom during halftime, either. I just really had to go this time. I agree that it's stupid to pay for a game and not watch it.

-sj loves kevin spacey

23. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    i neglected to bring any money with me (beyond what i needed to get in, that is) to the last high school football game i attended last month (my alma mater). i therefore didn't have any water or anything to eat, and my throat was in shambles by the end of the game, which was the most exciting game of the season (hard-fought loss for our undermanned warriors). in the future, i shall be certain to bring enough money with me to avoid that (as i have in the past).

several people asked me if i was sick over the next couple days.

24. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    But you gotta get a dog at the Baseball Stadium! :eek:

Edit: I hate when face alien shows up instead of faced shock... [face_plain]

25. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Well, naturally, the once a year or so when I go to a Royals game for some reason other than the game (this year it was Buck O'Neill t-shirt day :)), then I buy a hotdog. And anything else to keep my occupied the ungodly length of time it takes the game to end.

-sj loves kevin spacey