main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The We're Bored So Let's Talk About Whatever Arena Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Nov 16, 2006.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Ha! You're exactly right on your last point Tunick- a certain cooked up Jaworski/Kaepernick story (that I don't think even made it into the ESPN thread) comes to mind from last week.

I've always respected the guy, I loved reading his baseball blog on MLB.com after he left Current. The Jets bit rambled on a bit, but Whitlock was good and Mark Cuban was awesome. Didn't stop laughing on the around the world segment- Dwight Howard and the ping pong balls was hilarious. All in all, really good start, and I think it'll be my go-to post-work DVR show when I collapse onto the couch.

2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I wish he'd update that baseball blog more often, though.

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I'd imagine he had to leave MLB.com upon signing with ESPN. Maybe he'll start writing columns on ESPN soon.

4. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    I think he has, as I could have sworn some of the ESPN anchors were chatting up that he had some columns up on their site somewhere.

5. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
  6. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  7. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    He's too harsh there... the Indians two 90's pennants, and the Cavs 2007 Finals appearance should count for something.

8. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    They count for more heartbreaking failure.

9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    One of the top ten sports moments for Cleveland in my lifetime is Ricky "Wild Thing" Vaughn getting a strikeout to end the top of the ninth, allowing the Indians to win a FICTIONAL division title with an amazing and gutsy play in the bottom of the ninth.

'Nuff said

10. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

At least Olbermann agrees with me. :p

Sent from my iPhone 5... take that, Wocky!

heels1785 likes this.
  11. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    DarthTunick
    Larry King is filling in for KO next Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

Other announced guest hosts for Olbermann are Jeremy Schaap and...colin cowherd...

12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    How's everyone's Fantasy Leagues doing? Mine is actually doing fairly well despite me not knowing much about football.

13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    *makes face at that last name* UGH!

14. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    So randomly having your favorite baseball team in town as the visiting team when you are on a business trip and randomly ending up in a section with other fans from that team is pretty damn cool

DarthTunick likes this.
  15. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    The last time I attended a Dodger game outside of L.A. was in the summer of '05, when me & my dad made a trip to PETCO Park. It really is a lovely stadium, in a rather niiiiiiiiiiiice section of San Diego. And, the Indians visit Dodger Stadium next season (June 30th-July 2nd)...

I Are The Internets: I don't play fantasy football, so I can't answer your question. :p

heels1785: Larry King is the one I look forward to the most... like Olbermann, he's a huge baseball fan. That's always a great thing in my book. Schapp will be a quality fill in as well.

Juliet316 : Still pissed off at Cowherd for his insensitive & ridiculous comments about Eddie Guerrero? Good.

Juliet316 likes this.
  16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm watching more football than I ever have. Still have no idea what's going on.

17. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    I don't understand this thread title, what is a BAN RAZOR, and why are we talking about it?

Edit: I just found the answer, it involves neckbeards

DarthTunick likes this.
  18. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    That razor better stay away from the Dodgers this postseason!

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Pretty much. Somethings are absolutely unforgiveable.

20. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    heels1785 and Juliet316 like this.
  21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Most halloween costumes on TV are corny. Here's your exception:

[​IMG]

DarthTunick and DarthIntegral like this.
  22. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    That is incredible

23. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Okay, so my latest idea as the Mad Hatter of Arena Games.

Using the WhatIf Simulator we use for the Basketball Draft ...

Instead of selecting/drafting "Dream teams", I propose a 16-team dream tournament of college football teams. On a first-come, first serve basis, you'd select the team you want for a 16-team, double-elimination tournament. You don't get to select players, but you an adjust depth charts, and playbook strategies (Balanced, Heavy Run, Favor Pass, etc.). The simulator allows for any team from 1996-2012, allowing for plenty of choice in who you'd want to back. The dominant USC teams? The Miami resurgance? The Auburn team that got screwed? The Auburn team that did a lot of screwing? The recent 'Bama teams?

Anyone interested?

24. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
  25. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Despite NCAA football being the only collegiate sport I enjoy watching, I don't have enough knowledge of its past to really be good at a sim. So, no thanks.