main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The We're Bored So Let's Talk About Whatever Arena Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Nov 16, 2006.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I take very good care of myself.

But today I have decided that it might not matter because basketball is going to kill me anyway.

Juliet316 and heels1785 like this.
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    im right there with ya

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    but then duke lost

and grayson allen cried during said loss (after scoring 5 pts in 40 minutes)

and everything was okay again

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I should have watched that game. I had it on long enough to say “Go Virginia” then turned it off.

I’m now watching the Hornets play the Heat, because apparently I have a level of self-loathing that I was not fully in touch with.

Hornets are winning at the moment though.

5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    cubman987 and Juliet316 like this.
  6. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    So ABC is ending their affiliation with INDYCAR going into 2019, leaving the door open for NBC, who inexplicably lost F1 to ESPN in the States. ABC has been massively unpopular with the core Indy fan base, mainly due to their cheap and careless production standards.

With half of the NASCAR season on their networks, and the great work that they do with the Premier League and various European sporting events, I'd love to see NBC take it on. While many expected FS1 to be the largest competitor for ESPN, I absolutely think NBCSN puts forward a better product. And give me Dan Patrick over the slew of pretentious jackasses on Fox any day.

Juliet316 likes this.
  7. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    That's because overall his show is very fun and loose, yet Patrick knows when to be serious when the situation calls for it.

8. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    INDYCAR deal with NBC Sports for 2019+ was just announced, for all of you fellow fans out there.

crickets

9. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Aside from the stuff I need to look at for the Colors game, all my racing coverage, etc, comes via Ronnie Mund. Yeeeeeeeeeeeah! :p

heels1785 likes this.
  10. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Deadspin's got their annual Name of the Year Bracket out. Fantastic as ever:

[​IMG]

I'd give the edge to #1 overall seed Salami Blessing, of course, but strong showings should be expected from both Rev. Dongo Pewee and Dr. Taekwondo Byrd. Mike Diaper, Tuna Altuna, Delicious Peters, Babucarr Fatty, and Dr. Pitt Derryberry are all dark horses.

PICK EM

cubman987 and tom like this.
  11. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Going with Tuna Altuna, well, because...

heels1785 likes this.
  12. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Dr. Narwhals Mating is getting my support.

heels1785 and tom like this.
  13. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    dark horse status goes to mahogany loggins and chardonnay beaver.

DarthIntegral and heels1785 like this.
  14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    @DarthTunick I am shocked that you neglected Sir'Zion Dance, cousin of your famous Starfighter Draft ace, Villain Dance.

[​IMG]

DarthTunick likes this.
  15. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Always room for a 2nd option!

heels1785 likes this.
  16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    ah, you're one of those fans, i see.

:p

17. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    It's like having a favorite Wack Packer it is... can't pick just one.

18. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Maybe they can make a Ready Player One for sports geeks with references to, like, the Ickey Shuffle, the Nothing But Net Commercials...and, idk, the softball episode from The Simpsons. I would get those references.

What other references could we put in the movie?

tom and heels1785 like this.
  19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Discount Double Check!

[​IMG]

20. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    it's gotta be the shoes!

21. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
  22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    This is fun.

Uncle Drew and Lil' Penny
    Mr. McGibblets
    Bo Jackson in Techmo Bowl
    Press Conference Melt Downs - lots of Lasorda, PLAYOFFS?!, You Play to Win the Game, and I'm a Man I'm 40!
    Terry Tate Office LB
    Chicks Dig the Longball

23. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Does anyone remember the ProStars cartoon? I would get that reference.

Guidman and DarthIntegral like this.
  24. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
  25. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    And Gramama

Nike's MVPuppets
    Da Bears! from SNL
    Peyton Manning's Commercials ("Cut that Meat!" "Chicken parm You Taste so good")
    Dan vs Dave