main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The We're Bored So Let's Talk About Whatever Arena Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Nov 16, 2006.

1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I'd probably go

1) Major League
    2) Bull Durham
    3) A League of Their Own
    4) The Sandlot
    5) Field of Dreams

2. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
  3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
  4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I've never saw Field of Dreams because of my own personal backlash towards Costner as he like in every film. And therefore, watched Dances with Wolves either.

Sandlot is definitely my favorite baseball film and shortly followed by The Bad News Bears and Bad News Bears in Breaking Training, which were originally my favorite baseball films because I'm old. I love A League of Their Own too.

[​IMG]

Major League is behind those two for me.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    LloydChristmas likes this.
  5. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    You'll be hard pressed to find better advice then given from Jimmy Dugan in A League of Their Own: avoid the clap.

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I know it's more of a kids movie, but nothing beats Rookie of the Year for me, on the nostalgia factor alone.

7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    "LET THEM PLAY! LET THEM PLAY! LET THEM PLAY!"

8. ma_petite

ma_petite Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2006
    A League of Their Own for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    1. Major League
    2. Field of Dreams
    3. The Sandlot
    4. A League of their Own
    5. Rookie of the Year

**I haven't watched Bull Durham since it came out when I was like 6 and probably didn't "get it" so I need to give that one a watch soon.

DarthIntegral likes this.
  10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    You're killing me smalls.

[​IMG]

LloydChristmas likes this.
  13. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    No love for The Natural? Cheesy, but charming.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    That movie has the best theme music and use of exploding lights in a baseball film.

[​IMG]

I also like Mr. Baseball.

CT-867-5309 and Diggy like this.
  15. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I went back and forth with that for number 5 on my list....ROTY won out because the Cubs win the World Series.

Diggy likes this.
  16. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    And I can no longer make a joke about you and your love of fantasy movies :(

17. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Haven't seen it; my favorite baseball film so far is...

Others on my list:

Major League, The Sandlot, Angels in The Outfield, 42, Mr. Baseball, Moneyball.

18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Am I the only one watching the College World Series?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  19. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Nope, always watch as much as I can.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  20. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Nope.
    However, I'm usually down to watch women's collage softball whenever I come across it because I like the pace of the game better. There's not the typical pitcher on the mound staring at the catcher. Usually, the catcher throws ball back to pitcher after it's been pitch and the pitcher is ready to deliver again.

The Little League World Series is something I'll watch when I come across it as well.

21. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I watched the first five minutes of a Big3 game featuring Baron Davis, Steven Jackson and other former NBA players. It wasn't very competitive and they play a little lack luster as they most put up three point shots and it's a half court game.

22. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i watched a lot of big3 last year out of desperation, but yeah it's a bit rough. looking forward to summer league though.

i've been watching some of the college world series. was rooting for washington but going for oregon state now. hopefully they can continue their streak in elimination games tonight.

major league and the sandlot are the best baseball movies, but everyone should watch "no no" the fascinating documentary about dock ellis.

23. JediVision

JediVision Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2015
    I actually think the 1994 Angels in the Outfield is not just an underrated baseball movie, but an underrated movie in general. First of all, it has an incredible cast: Danny Glover, Matthew McConaughey, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Neal McDonough, Adrien Brody, Jay O'Sanders, and Brenda Fricker. The character development is top-notch as Gordon-Levitt's Roger and Glover's George Knox each find in the other the thing that is missing from their life, and Glover does a magnificent job portraying a self-loathing narcissist who nevertheless can't resist JGL's youthful innocence rubbing off on and ultimately transforming him, culminating in the extraordinary scene where he makes himself emotionally vulnerable to Roger when Roger needs it most; when his innocence about parental love is taken from him.

On a less serious note, HEMMERLING FOR MITCHELL?! GO BACK TO CINCINATTI!!!!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
    DarthTunick likes this.
  24. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Is Angels in the Outfield underrated? I never thought so, but I agree that it's great.

25. JediVision

JediVision Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2015
    Nobody here put it on their list, and I think in general it just has a reputation as one of those cheesy Disney movies not for anybody over the age of 12.