main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The We're Bored So Let's Talk About Whatever Arena Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Nov 16, 2006.

1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    ma_petite - we can still do bets. Just not on the NFL and not in the NFL thread.

ma_petite likes this.
  2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

Before tonight's Astros/Dodgers game 7, it was those two particular games in which I was the most bat **** nervous the day of the game/as they were played, in regards of all the potential outcomes, specifically the legacy implications of those outcomes. In a small way, it helps a bit with the nerves today, but nevertheless this game 7 is so, so different- first World Series game 7 of L.A. Dodger history (that really is a remarkable thing to ponder, to experience); the Dodgers obviously not being defending champions in this Series as those Lakers were; the ongoing TV impasse that's affected the regular season since '14; baseball/the Dodgers being my #1 hobby.

Regardless of tonight's outcome, I'm just glad they made this far at least once in my life... the final MLB game of a calendar year, and the Dodgers are in it! Wow.

3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I've survived two World Series Game Sevens.

I don't think I'll ever get over either of them.

Glad you take the approach that you're glad they're there. But I can tell you, if they lose (especially in heartbreaking fashion) it will eat at the sports part of your brain for the rest of your life.

Point Given and DarthTunick like this.
  4. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Much appreciate your perspective, Inty. To hopefully a better baseball ending for Cleveland one day.

DarthIntegral likes this.
  5. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Tunes did you have any influence in this:

[​IMG]

6. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I wouldn't be able to paint that neatly. :p

7. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
  8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Hysterical - love it

9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Rest In Peace, Dick Enberg. Legend of calling so many sports, namely football/tennis/baseball.

Lost one of the greats tonight.

10. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Juliet316 and tom like this.
  11. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Fellow Arena-ites

What are your 2018 sports wishes? One per sport, to make it more challenging.

Soccer: Success for #SaveTheCrew
    Baseball: A parade past the corner of Carnegie and Ontario, marking 2018 as the new 1948.
    Basketball: Cavs over Warriors in six
    Football: Ohio State to the Playoffs
    Hockey: a fantastic, memorable Gold Cup game in Pyongyang

12. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    NFL: Washington to keep Kirk Cousins and make the playoffs next year.

13. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Baseball: The end of the Dodgers television impasse.
    Basketball: LeBron to the Lakers.
    Hockey: Las Vegas to the Stanley Cup Final.
    Soccer: Spurs reach Champions League Final.
    Football: Better crowds at the Coliseum for the Rams.

14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Baseball: progress made towards Charlotte getting an MLB team
    Basketball: Hornets to stop giving games away in the fourth quarter and make the playoffs. Tarheels to win the National Championships again. Joel Berry to the Hornets in the NBA draft.
    Hockey: ‘Canes to the Stanley Cup final. OK, long shot, I’ll settle for their standing in the Metropolitican Division to go up.
    Football: Panthers to beat the Saints next weekend. A guarantee that the Panthers will stay in Charlotte. Cam Newton to get a handle on his ego. Marty Hurney to stop being annoying. Tarheels to find a competent replacement for Mitch Trubisky and win more games next fall.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  15. ma_petite

ma_petite Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2006
    NFL: Andrew Luck to return to being healthy and the Colts make the playoffs
    Soccer: Nashville has a strong fan showing for their inaugural year of having a team
    College Football: No controversial choice for the four team playoff.
    College Basketball: Texas A&M ends the season ranked in the top 10.
    Hockey: Predators win the Stanley Cup.
    Hockey: Team USA for gold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Baseball: Mets to get over their injury problems, make the playoffs
    Basketball: Knicks young core to stay healthy, get in the playoffs as a low seed, score an upset first round win
    Hockey: Rangers to make a deep run
    Football: Giants to be decent
    Soccer: Portugal or Iceland to win the World Cup.

17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  18. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Basketball: I got to see a double rainbow in the last Dubs vs. Cavs game, as both Steph Curry and David West came up with dunks during the game. Curry's teammates teased him about it in saying it was like seeing a unicorn.

Baseball: I'm contemplating on whether or not to take a day off from work to attend the A's Opening Day game. I wanted tickets behind the visitors' dugout to be on the first base side, but that section is pretty much sold out.

Hockey: I'll jump on the Sharks bandwagon when the playoff come around.

Football: I just checked out two mock drafts to see who the 49ers might draft, and one has the 9ers drafting a CB another an Offensive Lineman. Both are needs for the 49ers, but with like $100 million to play with in the offseason, I'm more interested in seeing what free agents the team will sign. And the Raiders are looking to return to the playoffs with Gruden.

I'll be rooting for the Jags to beat the Pats and the Vikings to beat the Eagles, especially if the Pats win because the Vikings might have the defense to stop TB12.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  19. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Baseball: Cubs still have enough talent to win the World Series so I'd like to see it happen again.

Basketball: The Bulls to get a good draft pick and draft someone that works out.

Hockey: I'll just be happy if the Blackhawks make the playoffs.

Football: Ryan Tannehill to come back healthy but also for the Dolphins to draft a QB.

20. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    sorry if this sounds depressing

soccer - don't be a **** and sell hazard.

college fb - ut wins at least 1 sec game

pro fb - mahomes turns out okay

baseball - win the series, sign bryce harper and 20 great pitchers. take away all of my pain caused by every other sport.

f1 - no merc wins, all season. or next season. i've seen enough to last a lifetime.

cbb - duke loses every remaining game, and loses to wofford in the first round of the tournament.

wimbledon for nole, augusta for mickelson

21. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    LOL

22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    my mistake - they wouldn't make the tournament at 16-15

so win a couple

and then lose to wofford

[​IMG]

Juliet316 and Sith_Sensei__Prime like this.
  23. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Pray for me

Hamilton Tickets go on sale for Denver performances this morning. And if I fail ...

[​IMG]

24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
  25. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Welp. This is likely my future:

[​IMG]

(And I'm not Vader)