main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark The ArkanSith Cantina: The official social thread

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by hyperspace_police, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Hello rose I was the Stormtrooper and my wife ShadowScout04 was the Biker Scout. We would like to thank you for joining up with us hope to see ya soon.

2. Lavenderrose73

Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2005
    Thank all of you for your warm welcome. Ok hyperspace_police, I remember you. And I thought there were 2 storm troopers. Come to think of it, Tabitha (Raggedy Ann) is supposed to be back at work tonight and I'm supposed to give her my name and email add. so I can get copies of the pictures she took. Maybe that'll help refresh my memory when she emails them. Anyway, I'm here at the Recreation Center using their "Internet Cafe", since there aren't as many restrictions as at the library (for a little agreed upon fee). That's how I can get into these message boards until I find a way to replace my computer (like pay off A R Tronix for the repairs from 18 months ago). Anyway, I'll keep my eyes open for meetings going on. Is this thread where I need to look? I'll try to make them. Till then, and I look forward to fellowship to come.

Very Sincerely,
    Lavenderrose73

3. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    One is a storm trooper, one is a biker scout.
    And this is as good a place as any to find events.
    Soon, we should have a monthly meeting schedule out and
    about.
    Until then, stop by the cantina anytime and say howdy!
    Complain about you day! Whatever....
    Catch you later
    Bacon

4. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    I was the one you saw at C3 ;) (the one in the Obi outfit at Hastings :D )

Thanks again for the Empire comic from Hastings! [:D]

5. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Welcome, Lavenderrose!

6. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Say howdy? Complain about my day? This place rocks, y'all, and I haven't much to complain about at the moment (except the lingering, agonizing wait for my grade from Wed.'s history test when I go in on Mon, and to heck with waiting. I watched Ep. III Thurs. night! [face_love]). Oh, and Kynstar, you're certainly welcome. And if I'm not mistaken, I think you're the one in my photo captioned "A little fellowship with a jedi lady while in line for AOTC" on my little website.

I went to AR Tronix in attempt to pay off the repairs for that tower unit, and the guy said they've up and resold anything over a year. All I cared about was that the files were wiped before reselling. I told him, "That's ok, I know it was my fault..." Then I went to a flea market and found a PC tower for $100! I'm still debating whether I'll have internet hooked up now or after the new year (I'll be gone most of December and 1st week of January, but I should have access to internet the whole time so I'll still drop in, and even try to stop by on Christmas Day. While I'm with my family in California, I certainly won't forget my little family here on the net!).

I sure hope I haven't said too much. I just have a lot on my mind and I'm very open. I'll check in tomorrow, time permitting. Catch ya later.

7. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Lavender Rose: Stop by and chat anytime...Is there such a thing as "saying too much.." I don't think so. After all, this is a cantina...
    (You should be around on a day when I get off track ranting about stuff.) Hope you do well on your history test. What are you studying?

Everybody Else: Welcome, and hope everyone is having a good weekend...Keep in touch...I am a lonely and bored "barkeep" when it's empty in here...
    turns on computer and sits down at end of bar and looks for some fan fiction to read...(It beats the heck out of doing research on topics I'm only half interested in...oh how I long for the day when I can do the research on the stuff I want to do...)

Later
    [face_pig]

8. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Hey H-police, I certainly understand the bored and lonely thing, but now that I have a CPU again it shouldn't be long before I can get hooked up to the net at home again. I'm still unsure if I should go ahead and get rehooked with Comcast Internet now or after New Year. I have the Channels 2-98 for 40-something dollars a month, so if I take that back off and replace it with internet and basic channels the price shouldn't be much different (you know what? Just by talking about this, I'm just about ready to set up an appointment!). By the way, I'm going just for an associates degree in liberal arts. I'm primarily interested in life skill classes like sewing, computer assembly (for installing my own bought hardware), and arts like maybe singing, acting, ceramics, and stuff like that. I can afford to go to school full time without having to work, so that's what I'm doing. And I'm cashing my G.I. Bill in before I lose my chance since I'm just over 3 years away from my 10-years-out point. Hey, I'll catch you later, and if I can make it tomorrow you know I will. Take care :)

9. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Lavender Rose: Ah, Liberal Arts...
    My bachelors degree was in Art History and then I got a Master's in Art History and History.
    I am currently working on a PhD in History with an emphasis in the Arts.
    I like doing research on the history of cultures based on their legends, art, and stories that have survived.

I feel like I've been in school forever.

So, were you in the military? You mentioned GI Bill.

Good Morning to Everybody and I hope that Everyone has a good week...
    Remember those in Indidana affected by the Tornadoes last yesterday...

Catch everybody later.

Who likes to bowl???

[face_pig]

10. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Oh my gosh, a tornado in Indianapolis? With my memory there, that gets personal. I haven't heard about that. Are they alright? I'll keep them in my prayers O:).

H. Police, Arts history, huh? Yes, I was in the Air Force for 6 years, and I'm almost 7 years back into civillian life with 36 months of G.I. Bill money to use and just 39 months left to use it before I'm no longer elegible (I have till 10 years after discharge date to use the G.I. Bill).

Now for the great news and the even-better news: since I can't decide which is which, let's go with the history test I was quite concerned about. I walked into class, took notes on just about everything Mr. Polston said to make a possible necessary amends for the test I was about to get my results to, asked my table-mate as I was showing her my paper if looking at it would be a hazard to my health (I would have been happy with a 70-something), and then when she said, "no, you did good", found out I received an 89!!! Boy, does God watch out for me!

Now last but certainly not least, I broke down and went to the Comcast office to inquire about reinstating my internet because I went to the Rec Center Sunday to find out they were closed Su-Tu (that explains my absence yesterday). Not only did I get hooked up on the spot (I'm writing you from home! :)), but I was told it's $19.95 for 3 months before it goes to normal rate! That means my reinstating my service more than compensates for the $40 I spent at the Rec Center for this month. You think I'm having a pretty good day? [face_laugh] Well, I'll catch y'all later, and to whom it may concern, I also posted on the thread about the toy drive. Anyone still in on that?

Lavenderrose73

11. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    P.S. I enjoy bowling, although I'm not always good at it.

12. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Hey since all my friends hang out here at the bar I figured this would be the place to tell you. Know when someone ask I nolonger have to say Im not part of the 501st. Got the email when I got home TK9468 at your service but you can still call me Nyborg. Thank you

13. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    G.I. Bill...I have a speck under 5 yrs left to use mine... *shrugs* I'm almost to the point to not worrying about my degree any longer. There is no demand for Wildlife Managers and also their is a backlog of folks waiting for jobs. If I do ever get my degree I'd have to leave the state otherwise I'd never get a job here to be able to utilize the degree. Oh well...

So are congrads in order there Nyborg? :D

14. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    :D [face_dancing] :D Drinks are on the house for TK9468....Celebrations are in order!! :cool: Finally a proper Storm Trooper designation for our local Trooper. =D=
    Congrats! I know that you've been waiting a long time for this....[face_dancing]

:) Hello to everyone.:) Been kind of absent for a few days... Nothing wrong really, had a computer glitch [face_thinking] and then been bombarded with projects at school:-B ...and they've changed my medications and they're kicking my behind right now.[face_sick]

Have a wonderful day everyone...See you at Happy Hour!![:D]

Bacon
    [face_pig]

15. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Hey Nyborg13. Forgive me if I seemed to neglect your news. I just read the last 2 postings and realized there was something in yours I hadn't grasped. I haven't been on these message boards very long, so I didn't catch on. Whatever happened, congratulations and I wish you well with your next step.

H-Police, hey that's ok. Are you feeling better? I've had family members, even immediate family members, who were on different medications for their own reasons, and I remember my mother saying stuff like "this medication is kicking in; we better get home...", " Could you go to the cabinet and get me 6...?", etc. The bottom line is, I just care about how you're doing, whether I know you or not.

The rest of you...hey, I hope y'all are doing alright. I've got Toastmasters at 11am so I'd better get off this thing. I'll catch y'all later.

16. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Congratulations TK9468!![face_dancing] I've heard how hard it is to get accepted into the 501st!

17. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Cheers on your TK, Henry. Glad it finally came. Now you just have to get Julia registered. You get to wait another half year. Hopefully her number will take less time then it takes you to move. ;)

18. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Good Morning to all...:D
    The Cantina is open early this morning and serving coffee, [face_coffee] strong coffee...[face_coffee]
    (Or the caffinated pick me up beverage of your choice...)
    I knew that last night I needed to write a paper for history which I have put off for far too long [face_mischief]
    but failed to remember I had one for Philosophy as well. :_| :eek: :_|
    So, I am hopped up on the caffine and my printer is currently working overtime...[face_hypnotized]
    Oh well, at least I got to listen to lots of really neat infomercials on the tv last night. *note the seeping sarcasm...I can't believe the people who call in about those products...they've got to be paid actors or somthing
    I hope everyone has a wonderful day and am sooooo glad that the weekend begins tomorrow for me!!(and some of the rest of us as well)[face_dancing] [face_whistling] [face_dancing]
    Later
    Bacon
    [face_pig]

19. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Speaking of caff.. I sooo need some dew... didn't sleep last night or the night before, but that ain't new for me.

Sooo give me a double order of dew so I can double drink! ;)

20. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Double dew to the lady in the brown robe
    I swear, all I get in here is brown robes and white armor?
    Where's that dang Naboo senator, at least she brings some color into things???
    Later
    Bacon the Barkeep

21. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Must....Have....Coffee....*collapses*.

Stinkin' school....

22. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Hey all and good day. Just to let you know we now have a calander of events. I am in the process of gettting a link on our home page but cant remeber how and with surgary tomorow it may have to wait. But for now you can go and check it out anyones is allowed to add to it you just cant edit anything if you make a mistake let me know and I will fix it. Any ? then PM me Ill check it before bed tonight one last time for a few days. Injoy http://my.calendars.net/arkansith .
    Hey bartender make mine a valium to go Im going to need it.
    Nyborg13
    TK9468 *end transmission*

23. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    "cannot find server" and I am not tawkin' aboot da bahtenduh.

How many credits does a full throttle go for around here? I made a pitiful amount of hinges today and it feels like it is eleven (at only 5:30pm).

Plops down and drops his evil eyes in a glass of water on the bar before folding his green corduroy robes and draping them over the chair next to him.

24. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    A lot of students around this place, including myself. Intro to Psych. test next Thursday, and another history test a week from Monday. I can understand the caffeine fix...guilty! I'm a regular at the Hard Back Cafe here in Jacksonville, and...well are any of you hanging out there and I'm just missing you? I'm glad to be welcome on the message board, but it'd be nice to see some faces attached to these names I can barely pronounce. I just saved the calender page to "Favorites". I perked up when I saw something about a meeting at Barnes and Noble (Is that a popular hang-out for y'all?) until I saw the date on it. I am so very sorry; I have prior committments that evening, or I'd certainly have gone. Also, like I've mentioned before, I fly to California (and meet my new niece and nephew, both born this year) on December 11 and return January 7. Maybe I can get a recap the day after or something. Catch ya when I can, try to get some rest between all that study time, fellow students @};- .

25. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Good morning to all,
    Now serving coffee, black and strong[face_coffee] ...Full Throttle, in a pint (try and find that anywhere else in the galaxy...)

And of course dew, dew, dew, dew, dew, dew and more dew for Kynstar....[face_sick]

I'll be gone from internet access until sometime Sunday,(after this morning of course) so if I'm
    MIA for a few days, don't assume the worst.[face_skull]

Lets all keep our CR, Nyborg in our thoughts and prayers [face_praying] today as he has heart tests and possible surgery...or surgery anyway, I can't remember exactly....Just remember to think of him.

Everybody Have a Great Weekend....

Later
    Bacon[face_pig]