main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark The ArkanSith Cantina: The official social thread

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by hyperspace_police, Oct 25, 2005.

1. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    By the way, Nyborg...I've got stuff way better than Valium....
    Hee Hee Hee Hee
    I hope all goes well for you.
    Bacon

2. Lavenderrose73

Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2005
    My prayers go out to you, Nyborg [face_praying] . H. Police, see you when you return. Catch ya guys later.

Anybody else prior militay? Free dinner Monday at the Golden Corall for veterans 5pm - 9pm and discount for military. Bring your DDForm 214's or VA hospital cards. I'm going to fly over there after history class and hope I barely get into the door. It'll be well after 8.

Have a great weekend as well, and Happy Veterens Day to my fellow veterans.

Lavenderrose73 @};-

3. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    ....never fear, the ArkanSith costuming group will
    soon start to sew!!

Hey, what's that all about? I was just putsing around the boards and came across this posting. I've been wondering how I'm going to come up with a costume for C IV, and I'd been thinking about taking an elective sewing class on the main Beebe campus in hopes of making one of the blue Padme dresses an assigned project so I could get more points at the next Pageant. By the way, you doing alright?

Sincerely,

Lavenderrose73 @};-

4. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    I'm going to be firing up a costuming group to meet every couple of months...(somewhere) to gather and work on costumes in an enviroment where we can help each other out. I haven't been sewing for very long but I enjoy it and so, it's one of those things I'm workning on.

I'm actually doing very well, walked around this weekend without too much problems. Might not last, but I'm enjoying it while it does.

Hope everyone had a good weekend...

Later
    Bacon

5. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    H-Police, that's wonderful! I was just praying for you in Church this morning. Whatever happens, please don't say anything negative or doubtful about that hopeful moment, so you won't lose any other opportunities. Keep the faith, and keep hoping! I step on my own toes when I say that as well, as my own faith can most definitely be improved. I will certainly keep on praying for you, H-Police.

This may be trivial compared to what you have to deal with, but a year ago I didn't even dare hope I'd make it to C III, but I was always on Hyperspace and it was constantly waved over my head. I got sick and tired of being reminded of what was too out of my reach but Star Wars already had me captivated. It was like Cinderella helping her stepsisters prepare for what was not intended for her. I finally decided, "why not go out on a limb and take a chance?" Even with some uncertanties I bought a ticket, booked a flight, and made reservations for a block room hoping I'd have the willpower to keep my hands off of at least $100 each month. Not only did I make it to something I'd never tried before but I even barely got in on the Pageant and the Cabaret(A wholenother story!). If a little whimsical dream is important enough for God to see through, how much more is someone else's hope of walking! We're all here for you and hoping the best for you.

About the costumes, I'm all for it! Will there be room for those of us somewhere between Novice and Amature? I certainly want to get in on this, so please keep me posted.

Very Sincerely,

Lavenderrose73 @};-

6. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Hey Guys. Shadowscout here, (I don't feel like looking for my password) Just thought I would update you on TK 9468. How about a diet coke while I'm here? They did the heart cath on Fri and found 2 blockages. They put a stent in the one that was 99% blocked and will be putting a stent in the other one on Mon around 8am (it's 70-75% blocked). He says to tell everyone hi, it's driving him crazy to be stuck in the Hospital all weekend. I think he's having internet withdrawals or something. He should be back on sometime late Tues or Wed.

7. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Let Nyborg know he's in our thoughts...

8. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Here's a diet coke for you.
    Tell Henry we're thinking about him.[face_good_luck]
    If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask...
    Hope he's doing ok
    Tell him I'll keep the riff raff off of his barstool while he's gone.

9. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Would it be a bad idea to visit him in the hospital? I was wondering if I could. If so, where and what room? If not, I'll understand.

Best Wishes For Him,

Lavenderrose73 @};-

10. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Good Morning everybody...[face_coffee] [face_coffee] [face_coffee]
    Just thought I'd take a moment to pop in here and say hello to everybody...[:D]

Hope everyone's week is starting off well:confused:

Have a great week.:D [face_laugh] :D

Bacon
    [face_cowboy]

11. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Hey, Bacon! How was your trip with Kynstar?

12. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    "The door swings open a dirty old trooper enters the bar walking slowly. Hey gang im back sore and all but with a brand new rebuilt ticker. And a sore leg but I will see everyone Sat.. Poor me a double the valuim and demerol has wore off and I need somthing.

13. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    bartender hands the "ditry old trooper" a bottle of pill form happiness and a glass of water (can't go mixing pain killers with booze, a half dead trooper taking up one of my stools would be bad for business) I just hope that dang Kenobi fellow doesn't show back up anytime soom...It's such a pain cleaning up after that guy--arms everywhere...

Seriously, glad to hear you are ok. I'm fixing to hop on my connecting flight and get back into Arkansas...I hate flying...
    I guess I should have said "Flying is for droids..." or something like that.

See everybody on Saturday...if I'm not going to see you on Thursday night/Friday...

Drinks are on the house for our fearless leaders return...

14. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Cheers Henry. I hope you are doing better. Let me know if you need anything.

Round of Dews on me.

15. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Hey Nyborg13, glad you're back (you and Police are a riot!). Hope you feel better; I've been praying for your recovery...and yours too, Police. By the way, Police. I met up with Jaira at Hastings for coffee this early afternoon, and she said you have the pattern for Padme's dress with the pearl straps. Please, I am very interested in that when we get into sewing. Goodness knows, though, how complicated that thing will be. Anyone else feeding a cold with Ramen Noodles and Alka-Seltzer while putsing at the computer and leaving the house only when necessary (class we don't want to make up, work with an unsympathetic boss, etc)?

Stay healthy this season, and keep the fluids coming!!!

Lavenderrose73 @};-

16. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    The pattern doesn't look too badly complicated...
    [face_coffee] Coffe, nectar of the Gods, ok just kidding...[face_coffee]

Sewing should commence on a regular basis after the first of the year...

Until morning...
    Bacon out

17. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Great, Police. I've just preregistered for Term 3's classes and they'll both be Tuesdays and Thursdays (3-6 and 6-9). I may be stuck at school for 6 hours (better take a thermos of [face_coffee] in which case), but at least it'll only be twice a week. Let's see how loaded down I get with homework at the beginning of the year. I'll have the same instructor for "Lifespan" as "Intro to Psych", but I'm getting a different History instructor [face_worried]. Oh well, no point worrying about it now. Can't wait, though, to find out when C IV will be.

See ya!

Lavenderrose73 @};-

18. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Good morning all...
    Lawyers suck!!!
    I really hope that I'm allowed to say suck on here...cause I'm just really frustrated right now with lawyers and such.

Anyway, today's special is Mocha Peppermint coffee from Starbucks...Sorry, the one in town is open now and I see a whole new place to increase my debt...

Bartender growls at the morning crowd as she leaves the bar in the hands of a new serving droid, while she goes to fail, I mean take a Spanish test. See you all in a little bit.

Everybody else, Have a great day....

Bacon

19. Knight_DLockens

Knight_DLockens Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2005
    *A little over 6' tall Corellian Jedi walks in and nods at the bartender. Rubbing the goatee on his chin as his dark blue eyes sparkle*

"Kynstar would like her regular...a dew I believe she calls it? She is out in the speeder and awaits for my return. As for me...I'll just take a Corellian Ale, please."

20. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    barkeep returns, and in a disgusted manner, pours herself a huge glass of something rather intoxicating and wallows in self-pity at her failure...

Actually, I don't think that it was that bad....

But, sometimes that is a bad feeling to have...

Anyway, drinks for everyone on the house

That'd be StarBucks for Hyper and Conduit
    Dew for Kynstar
    Full Throttle for Otis Dodge
    Something that goes well with Pain Meds for Nyborg

and coffee for Lavendar and Jaria

Maybe I got all that right???

Dang, I'm cold.

Later
    Bscon

21. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    I love your new signature, Bacon. I'll take a Roy Rogers with extra cherries today. Feeling rather festive, I am.
    Cheerio!

22. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    [face_coffee] Thanks!!!

23. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Thats bacon
    Not Bscon...

I must be sampling my own products too much....

Egads!!!!!

[face_cowboy]

24. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Lavenderrose walks over to Police with her [face_coffee] (Salut!), hoping to console her and ready to hear all about that lousy, mean, unfeeling lawer who messed up her world... by the way, Kynstar, it was really nice to see you while sippin'

Thats bacon
    Not Bscon...

Hey, don't worry about that. How many people even notice those little typos in the first place? Nine times out of ten it still registers the way it's supposed to, and we don't even pick up the error. Just earlier in history class I was asking when our extra credit assignment was due, and after someone said the second to the last week of class, one other girl threw in "yeah, November 31!" If the others hadn't cracked on her for that, I probably wouldn't even have realized she'd said that. I tried telling her the same thing (probably unsuccessfully, over the others' voices): "Don't worry; it still registered like it should've."

Anyway, I've been offline all day trying to get some flash cards typed up to study for tomorrow's Psych test (I know, [face_shame_on_you] on me for waiting till the last 24+ hours).

See ya!

Lavenderrose73 @};-

25. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Yep yep it was good to see ya last eve as well Lavenderrose73!

Arg... give me a double dose of dew...this stupid muscle spasms in my neck & shoulders will be the death of me yet... Where's my love to give me that shoulder/neck rub? [face_batting]