main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist ~The Art of an Outrider~

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Corellian_Outrider, Aug 2, 2009.

1. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Yeah!

[face_dancing]

More art from you.

2. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Happy New Year everyone!

2010 went too fast and hard to believe that it is 2011 already. I hope everyone had a wonderful time these holidays and leading into the new year. It has been a while since I have last updated with DRL becoming more demanding of my time.

Thank you AzureAngel2 and that I'll do my best to produce more artworks. While I don't have any completed pieces post ready yet, I do have a few things I can show off. I guess I can call this a preview of things to come:

Duchess Jori Atreides - WIP

[image=http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd326/Corellian_Outrider/Jori.jpg]

This is a portrait for TheAdmiral of his character from GAW. She is the Duchess of a faction called the Union. The portrait is still being worked on but was completed enough to be shown in GAW.

Simba - WIP

[image=http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd326/Corellian_Outrider/WIP/CubsTeaser.jpg]

This is a fun and amusing piece I have been working on and off for some time now. When it is ready I will explain more about it but I will say that it does feel great to draw Simba again.

Ahsoka Tano - WIP

[image=http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd326/Corellian_Outrider/WIP/AhsokaTeasev2.jpg]

Some of you might remember a little over a year ago I posted a small taste of this piece. It hasn't fallen to the sidelines and I'd thought I share an small update on it.

This is a preview of a few of the pieces I am working on, I have a lot more to come such as Jedi, Outrider and everything else in between. I hope to show the progress sometime down the track and closer to completion.

Until my next update :),

C_O

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Great to see them. Your photograpic qualities with pencil are stunning.=D==D=

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Thank you Earlybird-Obi-Wan :).

I apologise for the late response. A lot of things has happened since my last update. Organising my studies and work has taken quite a bit of my time with a few clashes. Also working on my other commitments in the time I have and have managed to make some progress with my drawings. I'll show one of them now and hopefully tomorrow or the day after I'll get to show some more.

Duchess Jori Atreides - WIP
    [image=http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd326/Corellian_Outrider/WIP/DuchessJori.jpg]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    nice to see you again with a lovely work of art=D==D=

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  6. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    nice work on this one, I like the soft quality of it. Sort of dreamy. And she's very pretty as well!

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  7. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Duchess Jori Atreides? Family of Leto I and Paul and Leto II?

Beautiful anyway!

8. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    Well she got transplanted in the SW universe at the time I had few ideas for names and since I was reading Dune at that point...

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  9. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    So good! Always improving yourself, Dan. As somebody above said, your photographic ability is beautiful. Art Director, here we come! ;)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Thank you all for your kinda words, :)

Earlybird-Obi-Wan, it is great to return and after so long. It's not fun being away from drawing.

Iverna thank you! :), I have more in the works.

AzureAngel2, I guess TheAdmiral explained it better.

TheAdmiral, thanks for the info and also you are welcome to describe her bio and or of the other characters I have drawn for you if you wish.

:D, Art Director, here we come! Tyi-Maet_Nefer. We definitely have to work together soon.

Here is the final form of Jori Atreides which has already been posted in the GAW Gallery:

Duchess Jori Atreides
    [image=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-hdlKKvaqfTI/TXqxfXhrhaI/AAAAAAAAAGU/7T6Tje9tKP4/s1600/DuchessJori.jpg]

I'll have another special piece to show next that is still being worked on. Probably be in a day or so time.

C_O

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    she is beautiful and waiting for more

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Here is a little something for fun.

The King Has Returned
    [image=http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd326/Corellian_Outrider/IMG_0221.jpg]

A quick sketch of Simba in my notebook to unwind after a long day. It is a bit grainy from being a photo taken from my phone.

The special update promised will be soon.

C_O

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice Simba =D= and now waiting for more

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  14. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    Nice job with that sketch, it looks exactly like Simba! Very nice. I love seeing notebook doodles like this, I always think they have something special about them. Can't wait for your big update now!

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  15. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Thank you Earlybird-Obi-Wan and Iverna. I used to draw characters from The Lion King a lot when I was little... not to mention dinosaurs. I don't get to that much now days but it always feels great whenever I do get draw them. :)

I have something similar that I have to show off soon from my composition homework for the course that I am currently doing. It is a bit big to scan so I'll probably resort to using my camera again.

[b]Halcyon[/b]

[image=http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd326/Corellian_Outrider/WIP/Halcyons.jpg]

I've been told that this is a bit late for Valentine's Day but this is the special piece that I wanted to show off.... and now that I am doing it, I am a bit lost for words on what to say. I should probably stick with the basics. The Corellian 'Outrider'... Rowan Halcyon is the first character I have written in an RPG and been doing so for several years now. A former Corellian Jedi and Commander, his tale is told from first person and for the most part takes place approximately around the 2500 BBY period and now approx: 11 BBY. The woman I can't speak about yet as it might spoil some of the set up happening at the moment in GAW but she has a significant place in his world.

Because I write his posts through his eyes, you don't 'see' how his face looks like. I always thought of it as leaving it up to the reader but over the years I have been asked to draw or provide an image of what he looks like and I have shied away from doing that until now. This is still a WIP, I really wanted to have it completed before I post it but essays are getting in the way. I hope to have to finish it within the next few weeks.

I hope you'll enjoy. [face_happy]

[b]C_O[/b]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    A great character you have there to play and his companion is nice too

Always love Corellian Jedi and I have written them in my stories

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  17. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Thank you :) ! I'm currently writing a bit of a scene for him at the moment before I sleep. It involves a cub.

There is something about the Corellian Order that.... it's hard to explain at this time of night but I've always prefered them over the main order and that makes some interesting tension and conflicts in the past with the different interpretations and points of views.

I also believe things would have turned out differently if Anakin was a member of the Corellian Order :p.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  18. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    I love this! It's a gorgeous piece and such a tender moment. You can really see that they care about each other. I like the softness of your style here as well, it suits the piece really well! =D=

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  19. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Thank you Iverna :). They do care about each other and I wish I can go more extensively about the relationship but the is not right just yet. I will have a bit of extra time in the next two weeks so hopefully I'll be able to complete this piece as well as others I have in the works. I apologise for not responding sooner, it has been one assignment after the assignment and trying to keep on top of it all.

I do have an art update which are from the drawing class I have to do as part of my course. These are graphite drawings on A1-A2 sized paper and captured on the camera on my phone as they are too large to scan. I have multiple shots of one of them that turned out at different sharpness and darkness. The cub is a composition for homework while the pelican and roo were taxidermy animals brought into the studio and we drew them both over the 3 hour session.

Simba
    [image=https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-VFOgnXTsBAs/TYH644gItlI/AAAAAAAAAGk/MWvbbgcPKXM/s1600/photo-2.JPG]

[image=https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-5qkcuNYa_qI/TYH6ajAFdxI/AAAAAAAAAGg/ehkB8VsKeLE/s1600/photo-1.JPG]

[image=http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-mFNANzHOyOs/TaJkrv8jYZI/AAAAAAAAAG8/WJvA-nXzyvs/s1600/IMG_0242.JPG]

Pelican
    [image=http://3.bp.blogspot.com/--6g7UW_MwJc/TaJmgwmn0RI/AAAAAAAAAHE/38ePzSOyUNI/s1600/IMG_0248.JPG]

Kangaroo
    [image=http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-S8GPLNwuumo/TaJlc1unUbI/AAAAAAAAAHA/mHEzy9zqkj0/s1600/IMG_0246.JPG]

Hopefully I'll another update next week shortly. :)

C_O

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    working on big sheets is great and I love your lifelike poses of the animals

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  21. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Dan! Such lovely captures of animals! I will back up a few posts and also say that I love your sketch of adult Simba! I know you said it was quick, but there's something about I really enjoy. As an afterthought, I would love to see you quickly sketching Simba again in a different pose, something that's not as recognisable :D

The kangaroo honestly freaks me out with those blank eyeballs. But that said, all of those animals are drawn very, very nicely. You have a talent with the cats in particular, my friend.

Valentine's Day is beautiful.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  22. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    Your work is fabulous as always CO, keep it up! :D

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  23. LadyZaraMarta

LadyZaraMarta Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2004
    I've always admired talented artists!

What a gift you have, CO.

Thanks so much for sharing!

When can we expect more?

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  24. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Thank you all of you! :)

Earlybird-Obi-Wan, I enjoyed drawing the animals and plan to do something similar down the track. I don't mind using big sheets for organic forms but for technical drawings, it can get time consuming.

Tyi-Maet_Nefer, I have another Simba piece on the way which is more than just a quick sketch, but just for fun I can do another sketch. Oh, that Roo's eyes were upsetting as they had put black glass balls in the specimen and I wanted to see the iris and pupil in them. As for cats, I am fond of the Lion as they are very majestic creatures which is why I take pride in drawing them.

Jerjerrod-Lennox, I'll do my best :).

LadyZaraMarta, thank you, it is a pleasure to. I am not sure when my next update will be as my time dedicated to drawing had been taken over by other commitments. I do hope to have something soon. I have been talking about storyboarding for some time now so I might do something in regards to that.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  25. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I had not intend for it to be this long between updates, DRL had been relentless though starting to ease up a bit. I hope soon to be able to show off the artwork I had been working on for the Spring Fan Art challenge when that is ready. Until then, I do have a new piece to show off.

Kaylee Halcyon

[image=http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd326/Corellian_Outrider/GAW/KayleeHalcyon.jpg]
    [image=http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd326/Corellian_Outrider/GAW/KayleeHalcyon-1.png]

It is safe to say now that the name of the woman in the Halcyon drawing is Kaylee. Kaylee and Rowan knew of each other for a number of years and over time it became more. She is a kind soul, smart and very sweet. I will go more indepth at a later date.

This drawing had become more than I had originally intended, what started off as a quick sketch turned into this. I also appreciate Pashatemur's input and feedback while I was working on it.

AzureAngel2 likes this.