main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist ~The Art of an Outrider~

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Corellian_Outrider, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Yet again fantastic stuff you're posting here, CO. The Ahsoka drawing is absolutely stunning. I really, really like that one.

The detail in the X-Wing and Snowspeeder are great as well, just like the YT-2400 before. And I must say for the fan art challenge the horse is really standing out to me. Some great new stuff.

The comic is a favourite of mine. Even though it's your work. :p A good, fresh take for RPing. :D

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. kikichan

kikichan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2009
    OMG !! an imperial based on frasier crane [face_love][face_love]
    frasier rocks and so does your comic ;)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  3. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Sorry for not responding soon. I have been caught up with my projects which I hope will be completed within two weeks.

[face_blush] Thank you AzureAngel2 and Earlybird-obi-wan! If I had a horse, I wouldn't mind one like Hero or Epona... hmmm... now I feel like drawing something from the Legend of Zelda.

Tyi-Maet_Nefer :) Thank you. You know the amount of care I take with Ahsoka. One of my favourites. I should do a few new artworks on ships. Maybe draw a scene with them like I have been doing with Thrawn's posts for the RPG. Speaking of the Thrawn posts, there was quite a lot of planning that went into those.

Hey Kikichan, thank you! :D I couldn't resist doing Frasier. I can just see him perfectly in the uniform. I miss that show so much, wish it lasted more than 11 seasons.

I am not quite sure what I should do for my next update. Maybe some of my older pencil drawings or some character art? I still have a few Characters that needs finishing though. Hope to have an update soon.

Many thanks and I'll see you soon hopefully.

C_O

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Do not worry. Life can be utterly busy at times.

*had a very slow summer in so far that is turning into autuum twilight more and more*

Without the daily stress and challenges as a teacher I have not been able to be creative recently.

*hopes you had time for all your projects and full joy from them*

5. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Its funny... It's early Spring where I am and already it feels like Summer. At least the weather has been beautiful thus far.

As for my projects, they have been a bit of a rollercoaster but the major one is quite close to being finished. Can't wait for that.

I find that a change in routine to break things up and refresh perspective usually helps stimulate the creative processes. That works some of the time for me with writers block and other things. Hope that be helpful :).

C_O

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  6. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    A small update for this unusual day.

They're Pirates!
    [image=http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd326/Corellian_Outrider/Gallery/Theyrepirates.jpg]

Sometimes it can get boring when you are at an outpost in the Outer Rim and nothing to do. What better way to entertain yourself (when you aren't studying) than to have fun with a friend.

Drink up me Hearties, Yo Ho!

C_O

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice drawing with the artoo with that eyepatch.;)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  8. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    Am loving the work you are doing CO, keep it up!:D

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  9. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Artooie is such a fun droid to hang around with...

Oh! I just realised that he'll be mostly blind with his main photoreceptor covered up. I'm sure he has a secondary somewhere...

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. LittleMissNightsaber

LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2009
    I like eye patched R2. :D

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Me, too. How a little detail can change a character.

:D

Har, har!

12. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Heya everyone!

The 'Pirates' piece was a fun one to work on, glad that you got a kick out it. :)

I haven't got an update ready yet, there be one soon hopefully. Work has started on a few new concepts which I hope to develop further and also get some older works finished in the next few weeks.

Before I go, I have a small teaser of one of my concepts.

[image=http://s528.photobucket.com/albums/dd326/Corellian_Outrider/Outrider.jpg]

See you soon. :)
    C_O

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    interesting with those two ships. What are you using for it?

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  14. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I'm thinking about turning it into a scene from Shadows of the Empire or an original vehicle sequence.

I'm also working on a few character artworks as well.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  15. kikichan

May 31, 2009
    I also like pirate R2 ^___^
    on your newest it's looking pretty cool, but I'm having trouble to see it, it's very small.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  16. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Thank you. :)

Oh, the vehicle 'micro-art' (which I'm dubbing it at the moment) will be expanded more. I was zoomed in quite close when I was doing it that I didn't realise how small it was actual [face_blush]. Oh well. that leaves me more room on the canvas to add more things in. It was also the first time that I have drawn an X-Wing in about six or seven years. I should do more.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  17. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Hello everyone.

I know it has been a while since my last update. What has been happening? My projects and studies are on hold (well, two week break) for a little while so that has freed me up a bit. Also got an deviantart account which I'm learning (very slowly) how to use it at the moment. I have been writing and working on a number of new artworks and I have one ready to show:

[b]The [i]'Otana'[/i][/b]

[image=http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd326/Corellian_Outrider/Posts/Otana2.jpg]

[image=http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd326/Corellian_Outrider/Posts/Otana2copy.jpg]

[image=http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd326/Corellian_Outrider/Posts/Otana2nonlit.jpg]

This Corellian YT-2000 is the family transport belonging to the Azzameen family. One of several vessels under ownership of the family. Featured heavily in the game X-Wing Alliance, the family struggles against a rivialling family and also forced to take sides in the Galactic Civil War. I have three versions of the [i]'Otana'[/i]. I'm not sure which one looks best.

The first one has shading on the hull.
    The second has the shading removed but the 'lighting' is still visible.
    The third has the shading and 'lighting' removed.

Thank you. I hope to have another update ready to be posted soon.

[b]C_O[/b]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  18. kikichan

May 31, 2009
    very nice, i like the second one best ^____^

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    love the first two. Great details

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  20. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
    Seeing the Otana there brings back some fond memories of XW:A. That was one helluva game. Emkay rocks in so many ways. :D

I likes the first pic of the Otana best. Finds it the most detailed.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  21. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    :) Thank you Kikichan, Earlybird-obi-wan and Black-Dog! Apologies for the delay in response.

Black-Dog, do you still play XWA? Which was your favourite craft? Emkay was great. I wish we got to find out what happened next with the family missions. Its a shame that the expansion was scrapped in favour of TPM tie in games.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  22. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
    No, I rarely plays XW:A anymore. I always enjoyed flying the Otana, and later the Millenium Falcon. Lando had it so much easier in ROTJ. :p

I also liked the B-Wings since they could take some punishment.

I was surprised the XW:A wasn't continued, especially with Anton Azzameen's betrayal. Any mention of its resolution would've been nice.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  23. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Aye, I would love a resolution to that situation instead of it being left hanging in the air. A sequel or expansion would have been nice and progress beyond ROTJ.

The Otana is fun, I also prefer the Outrider (I guess that is a bit obvious) and the B-Wing cause of its payload and the shielding. Lando did have it easy!

I play it every now and then and try to create my own custom missions and replace the OT vehicles used in the missions with PT crafts that people have made. Its a fun process and I get a kick out of using an ARC-170 to take out the Death Star II.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  24. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Hello *waves*

I know it has been a while since my last update. Been bogged down in projects and restricted access to the net [face_worried]. I still work on some artworks when I can.

I'll give you a small taste of some of my works:

Theed Palace
    [image=http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd326/Corellian_Outrider/TheedPalaceteaser.jpg]

This element is part of a larger composition. I have a series of them planned out and only a fraction of the way through.

The Outrider
    [image=http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd326/Corellian_Outrider/Outriderdesign2.jpg]

[image=http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd326/Corellian_Outrider/OutriderDesignX-Ray.jpg]

This is a new direction for me and learning all new techniques along the way. The program I am using is Google Sketchup and using my drawings as reference. I'm working on the interior as well.

I better head off now and I hope to be back soon.

I hope you'll enjoy and thank you!

C_O

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  25. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Good luck with learning that new stuff and thanks for your recent up-dates. You are brilliant with buildings and space ships.

=D=