main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist ~The Art of an Outrider~

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Corellian_Outrider, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Are you planning to do any more Mass Effect pieces?

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Yes, I do have two Mass Effect character poses roughed up but on the back burner until I finish a few other pieces that are almost finished.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  3. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Awesome, I can't wait to see'em.

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  4. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Thank you :)

I might shift things about so that I can continue production on them sooner.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  5. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    A small update on one of the projects I am working on for the boards: Banners. It is to bring that feeling of being home back to the boards. Some of you might have already seen them about and there are more on the way. I'll list the ones that have been done so far and will update this post when more are done. Yes, the Falcon is one of my artworks that is in development and will post that on it's own when completed. Just a note, I've put up a spoiler tag for those of you that are avoiding spoilers for the new film and have not seen the trailer yet or official photos.

The Force Awakens
    7SABanner2.jpg
    7NSBanner.jpg
    AnthologyBanner.jpg

New Films Non Spoiler
    NSBanner2.jpg
    Star Wars TV
    SWTVBanner.jpg
    Star Wars Community
    SWCQRKBanner.jpg
    Prequel Trilogy
    PTBanner.jpg
    EU Community
    EUCBanner.jpg
    Art Forum
    FalconArtFor.jpg
    EUChallengeBanner.jpg

6. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Hi...I have a small, small question on the TV banner: why Malani, Wicket, Kneesaa and Latara, but no Teebo? :( One of the scenes where he's using Logray's magic wand from Sunstar vs. Shadowstone would've been amazing.

Other than that, I love your work, especially Flynn and Korra and I'll be following this thread fo sho. :)

7. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Heya, thank you for the feedback :)

Regarding the TV banner, Teebo didn't make the cut due to technical and aesthetic reasons however he is represented in spirit by his partner, Latara. The main objective is to capture the spirit of each series and at this point in time there are 5 main series (with at least another two series in development or on the way,) to fit within a limited canvas size and unfortunately there are elements from each that would not make the cut. Wicket and Kneesaa were definitely going to make it in the early concept of the banner and was fortunate enough to include Malani and Latara in there too that worked with the piece.

However, I did leave things open to be expanded upon in future updates ;)

8. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I think some of you caught this banner on that special weekend.

Special Occasions
    VD7Banner.jpg
    It was fun to show an understated side to Kenobi.

St. Patrick's Day
    StPatCorB.jpg

Jurassic Park
    JPBanner.jpg

George Lucas's Birthday
    GLBirthday.jpg

Justice Comics
    JusticeComicsForums.jpg

TFA Poster Banner
    TFAPostBanner.jpg

Halloween
    HallowBan.jpg

Main Banners

MainBanner3.jpg

Rogue One
    RogueOneBanner.jpg
    RogueTwoBanner.jpg

9. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Hey...you know things. People who know things are forgiven, no matter what. :D

10. Jo B1 Kenobi

Jo B1 Kenobi Jedi Master star 2

Jul 3, 2014
    Beautiful artwork, I especially like this one! :)

11. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Had a few setbacks with updating this thread but here we are. Thank you everyone and also for your patience with my next update. Some of you may have already seen what my next few pieces are already.

Master Fay

[​IMG]

I've gone back and revisited the Master Fay piece.. used the previous as the foundation and built upon it. It has been on and off again over the past few months until I felt satisfied with the results. Where to start… Ah, there's more hair, new colour, reworked the tone - highlights/shadows, textures on clothes, skin and freckles with dirt and sand. There's a proper background too, a desert setting to it. Just imagine being POV of another Jedi like Kenobi and on a trek together, I wonder what the banter would be like… that could be a fic idea for down the track.

12. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Very nice revamp of Fay, mate! I particularly enjoy the sunset shimmer... =D=

13. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Thank you Goodwood. I'm glad that I did go back and took it further. Always tempted to do that to a few other pieces too.

Alright, an art status update… well… sorta. I do have some newer works to showcase though with how time and DRL has been, I have not been able to get around to showcasing them. I also want to keep this thread updated more frequently, even it is to say hello and talk about what I am working on at the moment. What am I working on at the moment? I did do a piece for Jurassic June and working on a background for it, also have a 'Bounty Hunter' that is almost done and blocked in a composition containing a 'Dark Knight.'

Next update will show some of the completed works.

14. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
  15. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I like the vulnerability of your Master Fray. And her esoteric beauty. [face_love]

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  16. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    There had been a lot going on since the last proper update but the art has never stopped. So it might be time for an art update to show off some of what I have made.

First will be the piece I had produced for the SWC/EUC Olympics. As Ahsoka had said "There is truth to Legends" so wanted to do something special as a tribute to what came before in the time given.

Legend of Tomorrow - Jaina Solo

[​IMG]
    Wanted to do something different with the art style and hope to take that further with future works. I want to give a shout out to Adalia-Durron and TheAdmiral whose feedback helped shaped this piece.

17. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Princess of Themyscira
    [​IMG]

“Go in peace my daughter. And remember that, in a world of ordinary mortals, you are a Wonder Woman.” - Queen Hippolyte

Diana, the Princess of Themyscira… also known as Wonder Woman to the rest of the world. The new Wonder Woman trailer is out and thought I might share the artwork I had done of her.

18. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002

I know that it has been a while but I finally finished off another Mass Effect piece in time for N7 Day.

Tali'Zorah vas Normandy
    [​IMG]

I am not sure who will be next from the crew of the Normandy but I do have Samus Aran from the Metroid series midway through development and will be my next video game piece.

Master_Rebado and Goodwood like this.
  19. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    First art update for the new year and I want to post something fun.

The Path Not Taken - Ahsoka Tano
    [​IMG]

The outfit is inspired by concept art for the unreleased Season 7. Path Not Taken refers to what could have been if not for the cancelation of The Clone Wars series. There was to be more stories, including the Siege of Mandalore. Maybe one day we will get those stories.

20. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Second day of the year and here is another fun piece.

"Wish I Could Be…" - Ariel
    [​IMG]

"Wish I could be… part of that world"
    Was inspired to do Ariel from The Little Mermaid. This piece had a long production time as it kept being started and stopped while in-between projects. I plan to do more Disney pieces though still trying to work out who I should do next… maybe Rapunzel… or Simba… there is too many favourites and I'll be going round in circles trying to working out. Maybe Batman :p

Since it is connected.. brand new banner made for April 2017
    DisneyPrincessBanner.jpg

21. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    More?? Come on Corellian_Outrider, you're not being productive like you usually are!! ;)

AzureAngel2 and Master_Rebado like this.
  22. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    All of my art productions had to be put on hold until my arm recovers. Been going through a bit of a bad spell over the last couple of months.

Am on the mend and cannot wait to get back into the swing of things.

AzureAngel2 and Master_Rebado like this.
  23. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Hi, enjoying your gallery and especially Ahsoka circa age 18 (?) and seeing Jaina once more. Also, if that's your St. Patrick's Day Banner up there, good work on melding the scenes and particularly capturing Our Liam's twinkling smile.:cool: Best wishes on the recovery for your arm and Happy St. Patrick's Day to you, pronker

24. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Happy St. Patrick's Day to you too, Pronker :) I hope you have been having a great day.

Thank you for your kind words too :)I did indeed create the St. Patrick's Day Banner. I had to include that one of Liam because of the smile ;)

I do have a few pieces that is yet to be posted here so hopefully this week I can get something up.

EDIT: Another banner set

For The Last Jedi

TheLastJediBan.jpg

For the 40th Anniversary of ANH ANH40thBannerF.gif

For the GoL
    GoLv1.jpg

Easter Scavenger Hunt
    EasterEggScavengerBanner.jpg
    EasterEggScavengerBan.jpg

A minor update… a new banner for the RPF. Imagery from Wookiepedia, sourced from Fantasy Flight Games's Destiny, The Card Game, Armada, X-Wing Miniatures… and the cover to the Thrawn novel

RPFBannerSW.jpg

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  25. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    A lot more banners are inbound so I'll reserve the next two spaces to added them in for preparation…

Hallow-EUC.jpg Hallow-Lit.jpg Hallow-WNU.jpg Hallow-Games.jpg Hallow-PT.jpg Hallow-Comms.jpg Hallow-SWTV.jpg Hallow-FanFic.jpg Hallow-Collecting.jpg
    Hallow-ST.jpg

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018