main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive The Art of Darth Zemog! Slight Update 4/17/06

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by DarthZemog, Jun 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Dispicable

Darth-Dispicable Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 4, 2003
    I really like your Bossk, he looks happy. I don't know much about Bossk, but seeing him standing in front of a pile of Wookies seems to fit very well. [face_devil]

2. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Fantastic Bossk! The level of detail you achieve with your pencils continually surprises me. There's a lot going on in the picture, but your eye goes straight to Bossk for the first read because of the nice lineweight you popped him with. And great job on the difficult composition of the wookies in the background, too.

The Sleep Over one is quite funny. The pinup-style poster of Grievous in the background made me laugh out loud for some reason. Just the idea of the General being a teen idol, I think...

3. Zandoran_Celix

Zandoran_Celix Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    Great Detail! I totally love the Bossk pic. It actually makes him seem like a menacing Bounty Hunter with that creepy smile coming across his reptilian lips. Rather than the small, simply awful glimpse we get in ESB.

4. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Very nicely done, as always, my friend. The Bossk one is great, though I thought you'd make him eating his father! [face_laugh] Just joking. ;) I love the pile of Wookiees. [face_mischief]

The sleep over one is awesome, as well. I think the concept of it is hilarious, and the way you've executed it is perfect.

Continue the great work. :)

~Vassago

5. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    lol @ the look on Bossk's face [face_laugh]

The second one is also very good. That Grievous poster is halarious, and I really want that Teddy Wookie :p

6. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    No one has mentioned the small Darth Maul shrine up near the poster; there is half of his saber, and his picture in a heart. :p

Very nice, Zemog.

~Vassago

7. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Esira, thank you so much, I'd love to see you color the "Sleep Over"! :D[:D]

Dispicable, he sure is one happy Trandoshan isn't he! I really enjoyed drawing him, not really the subject matter, but it's how Bossk is!

Wick, thank you so much! I was really hoping that he wouldn't get lost in with the background. I put so much detail into it, was afraid it would come out as just a big blur! I'm also hoping people will be able to tell where one Wookiee ends and another begins, there's actually 7 visible "kills".
    Also, I don't know what it is, but Grievous has become a ladies man! ;)

Zandoran_Celix, I really wanted to do him justice He's been my fav bounty hunter since I was a kid!

ThrawnRocks, He looks so happy and proud doesn't he! :D

V, LOL! I think a pic of him eating his Dad, might be just a bit weird! Who knows though, I might tackle that! ;)
    The bad girls like their bad boys! Aurra + Maul 4ever!

Thank you all for stopping by! [:D]

8. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    Bump, of sorts. Lets not let this fall off the pages. ;)

~Vassago

9. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    AAACK!! A great big "thank you" to Darth-Vassago for kicking up your thread, DZ, cuz I missed your two latest posts!! :oops:

Outstanding additions!! I agree with everyone that's commented on Bossk's expression--sort of an "I am the king of the bounty hunters" look! And the little tendril of smoke coming off poor Chewbacca's head here is great/gruesome! Love all the detailing, particularly on Bossk himself--wonderful! And "Sleep Over" is just grand: I can't get over all the little "touches" you've added here: the girlish expressions on both their faces, the delicate look to Aurra's "lingerie," and then big, honkin' weapons and armor and lightsabers all over the place! [face_laugh] Too funny!! Yeah--I noticed the little pic of Darth Maul in the heart frame, lol! And I can't help but wonder what in the world happened to Jango...? ;) Awesome work, DZ!!

FF

10. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Updates on Page 1!

Thanks V for the bump up, and to you falcon for the nice comments! :D

11. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    As usual, great stuff, Zemog! I really like the detail on the Maul pic - can't wait to see it colored
    Mara looks great, too - the lineart reminds me a bit of Guri (don't know where that comes from[face_thinking]) but not in a bad way, though
    Keep it up, dude! :D

12. Darth-Dispicable

Darth-Dispicable Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 4, 2003
    I think that I have finally found a reason to like Mara. [face_mischief]

Really cool Maul, I envy your ability to draw action poses, I have a hard time depicting motion in my sketches. Oh well, I will keep trying.

13. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Inked versions posted!

Thanks Corran!

Guri, hmmm, well maybe. You know I've always wanted to draw Xizor and Guri, maybe I will. Though, it might not be for a while!

Dispicable, I'm glad I could help you start to enjoy Mara! I think she's a pretty cool character myself. As for my Darth Maul pic, I'm glad that a feeling of movement does show in it. I'm working on a slight background to it, and will post it up when it's done. :D

Thanks for stopping by and saying such nice things everyone! :)

~DZ

14. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Wow! These are great!

On both of them you got the bodies on the dot! And great proportins! I envy your drawing ability ;) I have one small criticism for each though. Mara's lips seem a little big, which is fine if that's what you were going for, but it reminds me a lot of Angelina Jolie :p As for Maul, his feet look a little small. But aside from those two small nit picks, your drawings are perfect! :)

You are really great at this cartoony style as well :)

15. JEDY

JEDY Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2005
    Very nice stuff Zemog, I like them all, the sleepover is awesome and I love the Obi vs. Grievous. Keep it coming .

16. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Those are great, DZ. Like others have said, the pose and feeling of movement in your Maul sketch are great, kind of Spiderman-like. I think even your "sloppy" pencils look pretty clean and focused to me, and your inking is perfect. Did you ink on top of the pencils, or did you play it safe and use a light-box or tracing-paper? I'm always scared of screwing up my pencils with my crappy inking.

17. Dark_Guardian

Dark_Guardian Jedi Master star 2

Apr 11, 2004
    Great pictures, Zemog. I wish I could draw like that...
    I especially like the pictures of Incredibles, because I absolutely love that movie.

18. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Thanks Thrawn, yeah Mara's lips do look "Angelina Jolieish"! :D
    Hmmm, Maul's feet. I can see where they would look small, but for the style I'm going with, I think they work. I think. :)

Thank you Jedy!

Soits, I ink right over my pencils. I have that exact same fear of messing up on my drawings, but it's a fear that I have to get over. I figure though, if it does go bad, I have my pencil version scanned in somewhere! ;)

Dark_Gaurdian, thank you, I love the Incredibles too! It's my fav Pixar movie now, I think I've watched the Dvd about 50 times and it never gets old! I'll have to scan some more of my Incredibles pics, but you'll have to just visit my DevART page to see them since this is a SW forum. ;)

19. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    ZEEMMMMOOOGG!!! Great stuff, Awsome!! MOre, more! =P~

Mara Jade was great to look at, of course. Her expression was very interensting, like she's flirting with someone she's about to totally pwn! Seeing how her lightsaber is ignited, very coquettish.

Darth Maul looks absolutely feral, and about to pounce on his intended victim, hehehehe, that's great, I feel that one. I'm loving the fact that you gave him two lightsabers instead of his double-bladed one. ( that got old real quick unfortunatelly, pity, I really rather liked that weapon), I can't wait to see how you color him, and especially his lightsabers!! hehehehe.

Anyhow, Great to see your work, I've been meaning to see more, and now I have. A million thanks. ( can die happy now) :D

20. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    James Doohan is gone?!?! WAAAAHHHH!!! :_| :_| I so very much loved Mr. Scott as played by that wonderful Scotsman... How did I miss that bit of news...?

DZ, your work never ceases to amaze me! I love your Mara Jade and "shirtless" Darth Maul! Great charcter studies, and as always--flawless figure drawing! Mara's attitude is wonderful here, with that coy look on her face, and brandishing that lit lightsaber (do not p*** off this woman!! lol!)--and I love Maul's pose and all the wonderful detailing in his tattoos and clothing (also agree with the previous comment about the two lightsabers vs. the double-blade--nice choice!). Great, great work! =D=

FF

21. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    Excellent job, Zemog. I noticed your update over on your Deviant Art page and thought I'd stop by and give you my comments again!

What can I say about these that I haven't said about the others? Beautiful work, my friend. I can't wait to see more from you, as your work never ceases to impress me! Keep it coming, of course!

~Vassago

22. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Arr, why are you so awesome? These are great! They are a bit of departure from your usual style, but I think they're really cool.

You have an amazingly steady hand with your inks. There's nary a stray line in sight. All of your curves are smooth and even.

There's a lot of personality in the Mara image. You're definitely getting an attitude across. And the Maul is just awesome. Great pose, and I love the effect you use when drawing lightsabers; the little explosion thing-y (yes, that's the technical term) near the emitter.

23. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    Slight bump, just because everyone loves to see Zemog's work. [face_mischief]

~Vassago

24. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Shirtless Maul
    He has a very interesting agile pose. You did well on the intricate design of his tattoo that's wrapped all over his body (It never even occured to me that his tattoo's went any further than his head). Really like his expression and you masterfully handled the angle of his spikey horns.

Mara Jade
    That's a very voluptuous physique Mara has, quite reminiscent of The Justice League cartoon as you indicated. Very clean and crisp style.

...and there's no such thing as watching "too much" Justice League. ;)

*continues looking through the gallery* Whoa, Hello! - A ripped Han Solo! Veeeeeery Niiiiiice...

- Suz ^_~

25. LordSatasn

LordSatasn Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2005
    Awesome stuff as usual man. You wouldn't by any chance be doing requests again or anytime soon would you?

heh.

I'm dying here!!!!!!

Noone else can capture the character I'm looking for except for u I'm afraid! ! !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.