main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive The Art of Darth Zemog. [ Updated, 3/14/05]

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by DarthZemog, May 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I love comic-book art, and I love your work. I'm impressed that you manage to get the proportions right in your figures, I always find that tricky. I can't choose a favourite between the Obi-Wan vs.Grievous and the Darth Zemog pic - I like the shading on the DZ drawing and the drama of the pose, but I'm also keen on your rendering of Grievous - particularly the angle you've drawn his head and the styling of the cape.

Jim Lee a big influence?

2. Ty_Ordell

Ty_Ordell Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 7, 2002
    I really envy people who can draw comic-book style because I can't, I'm not good at doing all the details.

Great stuff, you can see how your art has really progressed when you go back to the 1st page of this thread. You've really found your groove now. I love your sith persona. If I did my Star Wars persona I'd be a Wookie or Ewok because I'm so Hairy!! Sorry did I share too much just now?

3. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Thanks for the compliments FalconFan and HanSolo29! I'm really starting to like drawing the "good" General! ;)

I'm glad you liked your drawing LadyAngelic, and again sorry for the wait! :)

Corrin, I've always tended to be a Black and White kind of guy, probably since I'm sort of color blind, but I have been practicing using digital colors as well as color pencils. I should have some more color pieces sometime soon.

soitcometothis, yeah I really admire Jim Lee's stuff, as well as Marc Silvestri! Two of my fav comic book artists. I've "trained" myself to draw this way, and sometimes it's hard to draw in say a portrait style with shading and such. Once in a while I have to "unlearn what I have learned" to keep my skills evolving and improving! ;)

Ty, I really like your General Grievous, the framing of his head is excellent! The other one I really like in your thread is your SW sketches that you posted! Such nice flow to them, I find myself sometimes being too rigid in my drawings and I have to remind myself not to do that. That's why I love just sketching, you can be "sloppy" and just let the drawing and the lines flow and sway. Keep up the great work, it's wonderful! :)

Well, here's another update, done mostly for my wife, I present to you STAR WARS LILO and STITCH!!!!!

Lilo and Stitch as Padme and Anakin

SITH Stitch

Hope you guys like them as much as she does! :D
    Later,
    DZ

4. Ty_Ordell

Ty_Ordell Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 7, 2002
    Awesome DZ!! [face_laugh]

5. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Wow...just...holy wow. Beyond awesome, Zemog. Your drawings are superb! I love the way your Sith looks, very nice. And the Angel vs Briina was is so awesome. The detail in the Obi-Wan vs Grevious one is so mind-blowing! Fantastic, my friend. And those Lilo & Stitch are great. ;) Keep up the brilliant work, friend!

~Vassago

6. corellian_chic242

corellian_chic242 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 17, 2003
    Your work is amazing! Your mastery of the humanoid form is superb, and you put so much detail into your work.... You are my new hero. [face_love]

And I saw the Ewok you did for my good friend Elu.... If I ever get around to making my web site (Raging Ewok Cafe- will need myriad Ewok pics by different artists), I may have use for you! :p

7. Darth-Dispicable

Darth-Dispicable Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 4, 2003
    I normally don't hang in the Fan Art section, boy was I missing out. Holy **** you do nice work Zemog!

If I could sketch 1/2 as well as you I would be satisfied. I see that you also take requests? Is this right? Let me know becuase I would like to submit one if possible.

Again wowie wow, I RP with many of your artistic subjects, and I think you captured their character well. I especially enjoyed the one of Nemisis, not only did his character look cool, but his opponents head was in mid air, classic!

8. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Hey Darth-Vassago, thanks for the compliments!

corellian_chic242, awww, thanks too! [face_blush]

Darth-Dispicable, I really liked how that shot of Darth Nemisis turned out! He looks like he really enjoyed chopping that poor Jedi's head off! [face_devil]

Anyway, I did this last night for the March Challenge.

Jar Jar Binks!

"Oh Jar Jar, everyone hates you but me!" - Comic Book Guy (Simpsons)
    I don't hate you either Jar Jar! :D

Later, DZ

9. corellian_chic242

Feb 17, 2003
    That's a really good rendition, Zemog. :D And you caught his goofy grin quite well.... :p

10. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Zemog, your recent choices in art are starting to scare me :p But you drawning does look very much like Jar Jar. Godd job :)

11. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    tee-hee! I like the Lilo & Stitch ones. Soooo cute!

12. corellian_chic242

Feb 17, 2003
    I'm glad you pointed those out, Obi-Dawn! I hadn't noticed them before. Sith Stitch rocks my socks! [face_love] You drew them both very well. :)

13. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    *darned double post [face_plain] *

FF

14. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    How did I miss Lilo and Sith Stitch?! Those are totally cool!! You got them both perfectly, and the characterizations are wonderful! I really envy people who can draw Disney--I love that stuff! :) And the Jar-Jar portrait is great (if a bit too close up! ;) )! You are definitely the multi-talented individual, DZ!!

FF

15. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    [face_laugh] Love Lilo and Stitch! Sith Stitch is awesome - I love how you managed to get all four arms in without getting any of the proportions wrong. He's wonderfully accurate and very cute. :p

16. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Thanks Obi-Dawn,corellian_chick,FalconFan and JediNemesis!!!

Lilo and Stitch is my favorite Disney movie and I've always wanted to draw them in a SW setting! I think I had that idea for Stitch to be a SITH for a long time and it's good to see it finally on paper! :D

I have to add, I recorded the trailer from last night and have probably watched it about a million times! All I can say is OMG!!! I can't wait for May 19th to get here! :)

Later,
    DZ

17. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    Wow DZ, nicely done as usual.

I showed my mother the Lilo and Stitch drawings (she's a huge fan) and now she says she's seen Star Wars in a whole new light. Go figure eh?

18. corellian_chic242

Feb 17, 2003
    I have to add, I recorded the trailer from last night and have probably watched it about a million times! All I can say is OMG!!! I can't wait for May 19th to get here!

*trys to contain herself* I just downloaded it. You have no idea how much I was freaking out....

And Sith Stitch is an amazing idea. ;)

19. Gastio_Katan

Gastio_Katan Jedi Youngling

Feb 10, 2005
    Darth Zemog, your art if SO cool!!! I was kinda wondering how much it would cost if I asked you to possibly sketch the Tainted-Jedi Persona of Gastio?

20. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    I was thinking of drawing Darth Vader, but with him being in this month's Fan Art Challenge that gave me more incentive to get this one finished! :D

For your enjoyment!
    Darth Vader in Echo Base

Later,
    DZ :cool:

21. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    Wow, that is some seriously good stuff! Have you ever considered making this your profession? :p

22. Esira

Esira Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    :eek:
    Woah... I wouldn't want to run into him anytime soon!
    The detail in this is amazing. If you were to make comic strips I would soo buy them cuz your style would be perfectly suited to it!
    Beautiful! Thats if Vader ever can ever be beautiful! :p

23. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Awesome, awesome Vader, DZ!! It looks almost like a screen shot from the movie--the troopers, the wreckage, and Vader, looming ominously! The detail, as always, is fabulous--bravo, once again, Master Darth Zemog! =D=

FF

24. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Thanks Handmaiden_Yane, I am doing some SW short story illustrations right now, and I may do some more artwork for the Fanzine The Rancors Tooth. I do production illustration for the magazine I work for from time to time, but who knows, I may make a run at some professional SW comic/illustration gigs sometime soon! ;)

Amiry, thank you! I may just have a comic strip coming soon! [face_mischief] :D

FalconFan, Master Darth Zemog?! [face_blush] :cool: Thank you, you work is pretty awesome too!

25. Erin_Go_Bragh

Erin_Go_Bragh Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2005
    Whoa . . . Vader. That's just very, very cool. The detail is amazing and it's incredibly true to life/character. =D=

This is JediNemesis, BTW. Happy St Patrick's. :D

Erin Go Bragh! ~ [face_good_luck]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.