main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive The Art of Darth Zemog. [ Updated, 3/14/05]

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by DarthZemog, May 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacemathem

jacemathem Jedi Master star 5

Oct 3, 2003
    I have not seen a better artist in here. [jace- youza colorer. that's different]

I am too an artist. :p I have some original creations buried in these boards myself.

Oh wait, am I the best.... ... no. :D

2. THEFORCE16

THEFORCE16 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2004
    This artist takes no offense at being considered somewhat less than best. All the work in this forum is great to me.

3. Arin_Atona

Arin_Atona Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2004
    it usually takes me about an hour or so to do one of these from start to finish, including picking the right pose, sketching it in non-photo blue then going over it with lead and adding all the little details and effects.

:eek: As high-detail as your drawings are, I somehow imagined they took much longer! Color me impressed... again.

4. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Well,....maybe longer. ;)

The Dark Kane, and Robal vrs Aayla, both took about an hour and half each to do. I think they went fast because I had drawn them before and after I got the descriptions for the new pics, I already had what I wanted to do in my mind. So they just flowed. :)

The Sky Trooper took about 2+ hours to do, mainly because I didn't know how I was going to incorporate the fallen Jedi, or what species to make him. Then there was gun issues! [face_mischief]

It really depends on if I've drawn the character before or not. I can churn out a Darth Maul pic faster than I could draw Grievous anytime. Mainly because I've drawn Maul so many times, I don't need to refrence him at all.

Just wanted to clear that up, please don't be too impressed, Grievous kicks my butt each time I sit down to plan a drawing of him! :eek:

With that said, I have to go draw!
    DZ

5. Robal_Krahl

Robal_Krahl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 23, 2003
    Thank you very much for the drawing, Zemog! Again, you have done an awesome job, showing amazing attention to detail :)

6. ConcordDawn

ConcordDawn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Hi. I don't really post around here... well, at all. I do, however, lurk regularly to see if anyone's put up new artwork, but my favorite page is always this one. I have to say, D_Z, you are without a doubt the best SW fan artist, in terms of drawing, that I have ever seen. The way you manage to find the perfect balance between cartoonishness and realism is superb. If I were an executive at Dark Horse, I'd be beating down your door to offer you a job. Keep up the good work and keep those drawings coming! :)

7. darkstar55

darkstar55 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2004
    Hey DZ merry christmas and a happy new year

love the nu drawings there excellent, i was wondering if u could draw a Nautolan sith with a scar on 1 of his cheeks wear quinlan vos type armour after christmas some time?

8. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    No Problem Robal, I'm glad you liked it! :)

ConcordDawn, that would be nice! If anyone does know a Dark Horse Exec,......! ;)

Darkstarr55, Thank you, Happy Holidays to you as well! We'll see on those requests, gotta check with Santa! :D

Also, no new drawings, but I did practice my inking and coloring on two pics, and thought I'd post them for all to see. Now these are my very first cracks at coloring and I'm still getting used to the program! With that said......

Aurra Sing, Maxim edition!
    [image=http://hometown.aol.com/jasminefelix/images/aurra_sing_colored.jpg]

Rudolph the Red Nosed Tauntaun, and friend!
    [image=http://hometown.aol.com/jasminefelix/images/xmas_colored.jpg]

Let me know what you all think, and any pointers about coloring with Photoshop would be cool!

Later, DZ!

9. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    :eek: You inked those? Awesome! It still baffles me how to do such in Photoshop, lol. I'm terrible at it. This is awesome, your drawings are beautiful to stat, and adding color is just amazing. Brings them to life in every way. I really, really like these. Keep up the awesome, awesome work!

~Vassago

10. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I saw the inked tauntaun over in the Holiday Challenge thread, but I had to check out your other one here. And I must say...very impressive. Keep up the great work! :)

11. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Aurra Sing, Maxim edition!

I wonder where you got that idea from. ;)

Awesome job though! :D

12. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Those look great Zemog. :)

As I said in the other thread, I really love the way you drew the Tauntaun's face.

13. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    [face_laugh] Awesome work man! I love the Aurra Sing! It's great!

darth_nemisis

14. Ceifer

Ceifer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    This hot stuff, Zemog. You should do some more Maxim-like pictures of other (preferably the more hot) SW female characters.

15. jacemathem

jacemathem Jedi Master star 5

Oct 3, 2003
    You should do some more Maxim-like pictures of other (preferably the more hot) SW female characters.

Pervert. :p

j/k

16. Jedi_Monk

Jedi_Monk Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Your stuff is amazing--the ladies, especially ;)

Your skills are nearly complete... however, your coloring leaves something to be desired, but if you get that down, you will be an illustration force to be reckoned with!

17. Ceifer

Nov 13, 2001
    Liking drawings of women does not make a man a perv.

Anyhow, great work Zemog. :cool:

HS29 EDIT: Using the word "gay" in a derogatory manner is a no-no.

18. General_Grievous1138

General_Grievous1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 9, 2004
    What u said is extremely offensive to other people.

I suggest that you edit your post.

19. Ceifer

Nov 13, 2001
    Silly me. I keep forgetting this is a G-rated "family" forum. :oops:

20. Corrin_Wyndryder

Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    Silly me. I keep forgetting this is a G-rated "family" forum.

Isn't that the way it always works?

21. General_Grievous1138

General_Grievous1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 9, 2004
    If it was "G rated" wouldn't the MAXIM pic be taken down?

22. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    DZ, I think your Aurra Sing piece is fabulous, and not at all inappropriate. :D Where did you study figure drawing, and for how long? Your characters' poses are so easy and balanced--wonderful. And I agree with Mme. Moderator--you definitely should be doing comic book work! And I love the Dooku portrait from earlier in your thread--wow!

FF

23. ConcordDawn

ConcordDawn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    I'd just like to congratulate Darth_Zemong for a number of his pieces making the TFN 2004 Fan Art Review, including his General Grevious on the first page! Great work!

24. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Yes, indeed! Congrats, DZ! Great pieces there (and everywhere! ;) )!

FF

25. Fallen_Jedi21

Fallen_Jedi21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2004
    Yeah, Gongrats DZ!

Just on thing though. On your site, the darkside version of Kane Starkiller should have the same name as the darkside version. Sorry if I didn't make it very clear when I asked you to draw him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.