main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive The art of DarthKuk- ARC Statue completed!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by DarthKuk, Oct 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthKuk

DarthKuk Jedi Knight

Jul 20, 2005
    I've put some of my sketches up to get some feedback. I am a big fan of clones, as you can see. So please let me know what you think.
    Clone Wars Art

Thanks to the advice of Corran_Fett, I finally did some stuff with Deviant Art,
    Please take a look here:
    Deviant Scraps

Just added a color image on my home page.
    click here

4-20-06 update
    working on new 'maquette' for my shelf. Still some work to be done, but here he is thus far...
    click here

6-03-06 update
    nothing art-related, but an interesting (haha) discussion on my screen name.

6-10-06 update
    New Leia as Boushh art, watercolors with no computer editing...
    click here

Here is a WIP for TheTrueChosenOne's RP Mando bounty hunter. I will be adding more pics as I go, I plan on coloring it tonight.
    click here
    With some color added
    click here
    Now with colors flipped- and in marker instead of watercolor.
    click here

One of Gree's troops takes a rest. It's a rough sketch, but I can't decide what medium to finish it in...
    click here

Not really brand new, but a pencilled version of my first ARC Trooper.
    ARC Trooper- B&W

Just finished the WESTAR M5 rifle for the ARC Maquette/statue I am still working on. Not really artwork, but I am pretty happy with the sculpt.
    Jango with M5

And my first digital 'painting', with Painter IX. I have been alternating from the ARC statue to the contest, so I may do another one or two before I enter. As always, I would love to hear your input.
    Mandalorian Female on DeviantArt

My second 'painting'. This time I did it with traditional pencils, and colored it in Painter.
    Stormtrooper SpecFor Sniper

The ARC Trooper statue is finished!!!! A few of you have already seen it, so here it is for TFN...
    ARC Statue
    It is 1/6 scale and has taken me over a year of procrastination to complete.

Thanks for looking guys!

2. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Welcome to the Fan Art forum, DarthKuk, and all I have to say is wow!!!

These are all wonderful pieces--the detailing, the beautiful handling of the figures (every one of them looks like you had a real person modeling for your drawing), the kinetic feel to them--wonderful!! If you like clones, you'll find you have a lot of company here--plenty of threads dealing with RC and troopers of all kinds! Do you do this type of art for a living ('cause if you don't, you really should! ;) )? It all looks very clean and professional--particularly the detailing in the helmet-less fellow's armor--awesome! The "cartridge belting" laying over his shoulder really drew my attention--an excellent detail! Great stuff, and we'll be looking forward to more! Thanks for sharing your work here, and again--welcome!

FF

3. Ty_Ordell

Ty_Ordell Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 7, 2002
    Very nice, great poses, I like the last one.

4. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Very awesome stuff! It's really great!

I especially like the unhelmeted one. I guess he's rather a bounty hunter, isn't he?

Keep up the awesome work!

And thanks for making a fanart of my namesake. Looks very cool as well.

5. DarthKuk

DarthKuk Jedi Knight

Jul 20, 2005
    Actually, I envisioned a late-war Arc Trooper still wearing the old style armor. My original idea with these pics was to do a 'war correspondant'-type of web page with realistic pictures and cool text.
    I may still do that. Thanks for the comments!

Oh, and that cannon on his arm is scrapped from a SBD. I just imagine ARCs operating like MAC-SOG and SEALS in 'Nam. Using the best they can get their hands on, even if it is enemy gear.

6. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    This is some beautiful work. I really like the one of the trooper squatting down. Wonderful detail and clean lines. You did a fantastic job!

AG88

7. TheHateSwelling

TheHateSwelling Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    The clone pictures are awesome! Takes me back to the Clone Wars cartoon, they stole the show.

8. idun

idun Jedi Youngling

Nov 2, 2005
    wow, really good drawings
    like too see more

9. double_blade

double_blade Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2005
    awesome...those clones rock...great poses and ideas for different armours
    2nd 1 is my favourite ...but i love the poses for the 1st and 5th ones...just awesome work
    love the battle-worn look

hope to see more...maybe eve some different stormies

10. DarthKuk

DarthKuk Jedi Knight

Jul 20, 2005
    New update, check out the original post for a link.

11. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Very awesome Fordo artwork, there! Keep up the great work, can't wait to see more:)

12. Siths_Herald

Siths_Herald Minnesota CR, MNFF Co-Leader star 2

Jan 5, 2004
    There are great! It takes a lot of patience to put all that detail into a sketch. I would love to those original sketch with some shading or color. All the shapes and details for the first one are spot on. Some good shading would add a ton of depth.

13. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Wow, DK that latest piece just leaps off the screen! Excellent colors--they really make it pop! It looks almost like a trading/collectors card or something--very very nice!

FF

14. DarthKuk

DarthKuk Jedi Knight

Jul 20, 2005
    Added some pictures of my new "maquette".
    It's an ARC Trooper based on the Clone Wars (non-animated) action figure.
    I am still working on the accessories, his belts, kama, rangefinder and the Westar M5 blaster.
    Let me know what you think of my progress...
    click here
    Technically, it is not computer or paper art, but I hope sculpting counts as fanart!

15. DarthMikus

DarthMikus Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2005
    That Maquette is pretty awesome.
    I wonder though, are you kitbashing an existing clone or did you sculpt out the white armor pieces then start adding sculpy for more modifcations?
    it looks great, keep up the good work.

16. DarthKuk

DarthKuk Jedi Knight

Jul 20, 2005
    Good eye, the armor parts are casted from the Kotobukiya kits. The helmet is from the first clone and the body parts started out from the second clone. Right bracer is casted from the Medicom Stormtrooper. Left bracer is custom made from plastic and various parts.
    I did not see any need to reinvent the wheel, so to speak.
    The hands, joints, shoulder pad and armor mods are made from super-sculpey, sheet-styrene, and plastic filler.
    Thanks for the feedback!

17. Vidina

Vidina Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2006
    Okay, this scares me. I'll tell you why.

In all the films, the second name (e.g. VADER) has always had a meaning or a synonymous meaning.

I'll list them, including yours.

Darth Sidious
    Okay, couldn't find anything for sidious on thesaurus or google. Besides the actual guy.

Darth Maul
    The first thing on thesaurus.com:
    Main Entry: Maul
    Part of Speech: verb
    Definition: abuse
    Synonyms: bang, bash, batter, beat, beat up, bludgeon, break face, buffet, bung, bung up, claw, clean, drub, flagellate, flail, go over, handle roughly, hit, hurt, ill-treat, kick butt, knock about*, knock around*, lacerate, lash, lean on*, maltreat, mangle, manhandle, molest, mug, muscle, paste*, paw, pelt, pound, pummel, rough up, skin, thrash, trample, wax, whip

Darth Tyranus
    Can't find anything, but obviously means tyrant. A good fella gone bad, because things weren't going as he wanted it to go.

Darth Vader
    Vader: As of the censusGR2 of 2000, there were 590 people, 208 households, and 151 families residing in the city. Vader seems to be a poor city. (man, I'm not really convincing anyone, am I? just wait, I'll get to the point.)

Darth Kuk
    Kuk: Norwegian slang for PENIS.. Like the see-o-see-kay word you got. Get why it scares me?

Did I make any sense?

18. DarthKuk

DarthKuk Jedi Knight

Jul 20, 2005
    Umm, okay. This is odd. I think I will go with the elaboration of what you have already discovered.
    Sidious is probably a combination of Sinister and Hideous.
    Tyranus is most likely as you described.
    Maul is also pretty well taken care of.
    But Vader is ripe with history among Star Wars chat groups and forums. Evidently in Afrikaans (a South African dialect based on 17th century Dutch), Vader means "father". I think GL got lucky because between ANH and ESB, I remember it being said that the whole DARTH VADER motif was from Islam, and DARTH meant DARK. VADER roughly meant TRUTH, so the name was DARK TRUTH. But who knows? As GL has taught us, history can be revised.
    Now, on to my name. I am not Noreigian, so I was not privvy to this bit of information. With a last name like mine, somewhere along the way, people got tired of saying "Kukovich" and just shortened it to "Kuk". One of the engineers that worked for me about 10 years ago found out I was a Star Wars nut and dubbed me Darth Kuk. When I finally discovered this forum, it seemed like a natural fit. But now, I see that I might as well have went with Darth Phallous...
    ;)

19. DarthKuk

DarthKuk Jedi Knight

Jul 20, 2005
    New stuff to see...

20. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh my heaven!! Loving the Leia/Boussh watercolor piece!! =D==D= The detailing in the costume is gorgeous, and I love the volume you've achieved with it--and watercolor is sooooo hard!!! **respect and admiration** I've messed around with it before, with disastrous results, lol--so I really admire anyone that can get more than a big muddy puddle on the paper! The framing on it is also wonderful--I just like it! And the Mando warrior is also wonderful--great pose and the coloring looks just great (and the "smoking guns" are a superb touch--very nice!)! I'm sure your requester is just giddy over this one! Very, very nice work here!

FF

21. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    I gotta copy FF... amazing job on Leia/Boussh, and even more on the Mando. I love his pose, and the details... and the coloring looks cool, too. Just awesome! :D

22. DarthKuk

DarthKuk Jedi Knight

Jul 20, 2005
    Another update, same Mando Warrior, flipped paint scheme. I cheated and used markers on this one, though. Check out the first post for the link.

23. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Nice update. Looks way better, ihmo... kandosii job, burc'ya ;) [face_peace]

24. DarthKuk

DarthKuk Jedi Knight

Jul 20, 2005
    FF, thanks for the comments! Leia's face is still not as good as I wanted, but your work definately inspired me to do some human faces. I have more stuff coming.

Coran, all I can say is vor'e, and again for your work on the kih sur'gaan you added to your kih sur'gaan-e.;)

25. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Kih'parjai, ner vod. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.