main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive The art of DarthKuk- ARC Statue completed!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by DarthKuk, Oct 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthKuk

DarthKuk Jedi Knight

Jul 20, 2005
    Back to clone troopers, this time a Kashyyk trooper at rest.

2. Reverie

Reverie Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2006
    Hey just saw your gallery and I love the clone stuff ^.^. I absolutely adore clones so naturally I loved all your stuff :D:D:D. the comic book style is something I really love and your proportions look awesome... plus I'm totally jealous of the scuplture :eek:

3. Daenna

Daenna Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 11, 2006
    Wow, I'm totally loving the clone sketch.... The pose and attitude is so authentic and real. Great job!

4. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh what a great piece, DarthKuk!! The trooper at rest is just wonderful, and is such an echo to all the pictures we see these days, of our own (US) boys in uniform, trying to relax between missions.... It has an almost poignant feel to it for me, with his sort of slumped posture, his brow still vaguely furrowed and that massive weapon still in his grasp...beautiful. Just beautiful. Well, well done! =D=

FF

5. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Ori'kandosii, DarthKuk, ori'kandosii! [face_shame_on_you]

6. DarthKuk

DarthKuk Jedi Knight

Jul 20, 2005
    Just added some new Mando sketches over at Deviant Art...
    DeviantArt Scraps/Sketches

Thanks to Corran_Fett for the motivation, his fanfics are quite awesome.

7. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Hey there DarthKuk! Good to see another post from you! And what a great series of sketches these are! I simply can't get over the easy look to your figures...I know this comes from practicing drawing them (a lot...), but it makes me a bit envious! They all have such natural stances--very fluid-looking--and it lends a wonderful realism to each one. The skill you have in rendering the Mandolorian armoring is amazing--all the details in it would make my eyes cross--especially if I tried to draw them small as you've done with the "one-sheet." I absolutely love the fellow that has what almost resembles Maul-like spikes and horns on his armor--I could so imagine these guys getting very original in their decoration of their armor and weapons, and you've just made that real! :D Wonderful work--and it'll be fun to see you flesh some of these out (but I love looking at them just like this, too! :D )!!

FF

8. corelliascross

corelliascross Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2005
    I'm really impressed! Great work. I especially like the Mando sketches. You seem to be a very confident (and competent) artist. All your subjects' poses seem very lifelike and dynamic.

9. EloJedi2

EloJedi2 Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2006
    Wow, awesome art! Very precise and beautiful!
    =D=

10. NLSkywalker

NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    :eek: That's exact!

11. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    As I told you before, DarthKuk, I'm flattered about you doing this for me! Thanks, man! :) [:D] [face_blush]

12. Brant_Flir

Brant_Flir Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2005
    Pretty Cool Stuff.

Gotta love those Clones and Mandalorian Mercs.

13. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    I always thought it was a off take of the word Insidious, which means working or spreading harmfully in a subtle or stealthy manner, intended to entrap; treacherous.

I checked out your scraps at DeviantArt. They are fantastic. Great job! =D=

AG88

14. DarthKuk

DarthKuk Jedi Knight

Jul 20, 2005
    AG88, you are probably correct, not that I wanted to talk about the name situation again [face_whistling]
    Thanks for checking me out on Deviant Art!

Thanks to everyone else that has stopped by, I have been a bit busy and just had not gotten back the TFN lately.

As some have already seen (Corran and AG88)I put up a rework on Deviant Art.
    ARC Trooper- B&W

Take a look and let me know what you think.

15. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Wow!! Fantastic ARC Trooper, DarthKuk! =D= I love all the detail in his armor, and in the background--it's all just wonderful! Great resolution on the "Full Size" piece over in DA, too--it's great to be able to really examine all the terrific detailing! Another fantastic piece!

FF

16. Daenna

Daenna Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 11, 2006
    Wow.... really nice! I'm liking the detail very much, and I'm drooling at the cleanness of that piece!

17. SongofDreams

SongofDreams Jedi Youngling

Sep 13, 2006
    I really loved your illostrations. They were amazing. You know what you are good at and you stick to it. I respect that alot. Those were some wondefull drawings. Probally the best I have seen on the site thus far for their medium. And they were my personal favortites.

18. DarthKuk

DarthKuk Jedi Knight

Jul 20, 2005
    New update on the ARC statue. His rifle. It really is not 2D artwork, but a lot of sanding and detail work went into the sculpt. The main part of the rifle is based on a 1/6 scale MP44 from WW2. This was to keep with the recurring theme in Star Wars where WW2 weaponry was used for the props. The MP44 was used for the Rebel rifles in the Hoth battle, IIRC. Anyway, took a break from drawing to work on it.
    Now, time to start my contest entry.

19. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    [face_dancing] [face_peace]

20. Nidrail

Nidrail Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2005
    :eek:
    W
    O
    W
    :eek:

I want to see more of this statue!!! Dude that is SOOOO cool!!!!!

=D=

21. semicooke

semicooke Legacy Concept Artist star 1 VIP

Dec 1, 1998
    Like your shots of the troopers. They've got good comic linework. I really like that shot of the trooper sitting down with the helmet off. Great pose.

22. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh yes it IS artwork, DarthKuk! Sculpture is most definitely artwork! This looks fantastic--so much detail!--and the painting is beautiful! Superb job, and a nice setting of the scene for us, too! I could very much see Jango wanting to make sure his clones were equipped with only the best armament/ordinance! Wonderful piece!

FF

23. DarthKuk

DarthKuk Jedi Knight

Jul 20, 2005
  24. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
  25. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Man, that girl has seen some action... Superb job, DarthKuk! =D= I love the armor, the two-color look of it--it makes it very unique and individual. Her pose is great too--quite "pirate-y!" I guess, being Mandolorian, she actually could sling that monstrous weapon up over her shoulders like that...tough girls, those Mandos... :D ;) Wonderful painting!

FF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.