main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive The Art of Moonshadow

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Moonshadow, Oct 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nefarious_21

Nefarious_21 Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2006
    Hey good job Moonshadow- I like the contrast in lights and darks you use a lot.
    It might be cool if you did han and chewy too.

-NeF

2. Moonshadow

Moonshadow Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2003
    A little update. I was just doodling to get my mind of something that was upseting me, and it turned out to be one of the best pieces I've ever done. [THe uncoloured version is much better, IMO.]

Soraya Taricks 08.05.06

Soraya Taricks [coloured] 08.05.06

Good stuff! I always like seeing costume concepts and such. Those 'art of' books always get me in the mood for drawing. Not all the images you had up were viewable though because of bandwidth, so hopefully I can catch them later!

I think I've got all of my bandwidth issues sorted out by now.... Glad you liked what you saw. :)

Hey good job Moonshadow- I like the contrast in lights and darks you use a lot.
    It might be cool if you did han and chewy too.

Oh, I'm way too chicken to do canon characters. :p Thanks, though. :)

3. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    "Oh, I'm way too chicken to do canon characters."

Oh, come on--stick your neck out like the rest of us! lol! ;) You know you want to! You don't have to post them, but go ahead and try some of canon characters--it's a great exercise, and working on likenesses (while it can be maddening sometimes) is a good stretch for an artist.

I love this new character (and am feeling a bit dense, after our PMs of this evening...asking about new work... :p )! Who doesn't like a beautiful woman with great carriage, hefting a nasty-looking weapon? :D And as such, she definitely fits into the SW genre, so well done there! Great costuming, as always--the coat and "chaps" you've given her are my favorite parts--they really lend a sort of "Blade Runner" look to her, and are oh-so-cool! :cool: Is this a fan fic character, or an RPG character? She's just right IMHO--and it's great to see some new work from you! Welcome back!

FF

4. NLSkywalker

NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    I really don't know why I can only see some of your pictures!:_|
    Anyway, they are pretty wonderful . And my favorite one is Soraya Taricks, I like the ways you draw the clothes.

5. Moonshadow

Mar 11, 2003
    Who doesn't like a beautiful woman with great carriage, hefting a nasty-looking weapon?

Actually, that's one of the things that kills me.... I haven't had enough patience to go back and try to actually draw her blaster and the hand holding it. I've never been good with weapons. :(

Is this a fan fic character, or an RPG character?

She's a fan fic character. Smuggler chick who gets on the wrong side of the local "government".... I've actually drawn her several times before. At least three.... I'll try to find the older ones to show. Not that they are any good. :p

EDIT: Actually, looks like I've already got them up. Old Soraya sketches

and it's great to see some new work from you! Welcome back!

*curtsies* THank ya. :)

I really don't know why I can only see some of your pictures!

:( Which ones aren't working? Maybe I need to fix something.

Anyway, they are pretty wonderful . And my favorite one is Soraya Taricks, I like the ways you draw the clothes.

Thank you. :)

6. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, DOH!! :oops:

I hate it when I do that! :D **shrugs helplessly**

Those are still great--and I still love the costuming!

FF

7. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    I like your new drawings Moonshadow!

Keep up the great work!

AG88

8. Moonshadow

Mar 11, 2003
    Thanks, AG! :)

Here's one that's still being worked on, but I figured I would put up the incomplete version.

Smuggler Chick [WIP]

9. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    That one is nice. You are getting really good at those types of drawings.

AG88

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.