main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

''The Art of Posting''

Discussion in 'Communications' started by MasterObi-Wan-Kenobi, Sep 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterObi-Wan-Kenobi

MasterObi-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    This is dedicated to the JC forums, the mods and the posters and to make it a (even) better place.

From my point of view, posting is seen as a game by many posters, which is off course not the purpose of these boards. [face_plain]
    The most popular game seems to be: "Who has the highest post count." (Which leads to spamming) I even saw a thread in the YJCC that was called: "how many post do you have" (or something like that) :confused:

I have been posting here since December 2002, and this is post number 221 for me. :eek: Many posters already have reached ove a minimum of about 500-1000 post.

The way I post is pretty straight forward. Offcourse within the rules of the Terms Of Service, but most important for me. I post only when necessary, (Somebody please correct my spelling) Or I post when I think when I can do other posters a favor or some kind of service.

By the number of post that I have, you will think I am not very often active on these baords. Actually, I am very active as a member here, but I read a lot of threads, follow discussions and occaisionaly posting Icons. (Sorry for my absance the last weeks GS)

I think posters should realize that posting here is not only for fun or as a game, but also a way to share anothers knowledge.

After all this you all will propably think I am a crazy nerd or something, but IMO, posting is a lot like composing music, it is an Art. (Finaly got a Subject Title) And every time you post, you add another piece to you "Artwork."

For me, I wouldn't mind if the TOS got tightend or something. As I have moderating/Administrating experience myself on the boards of the Zeeland Youth Orchestra, (Temporary Off-Line) I know how annoying it is when people are spamming, or breaking whatever rules you set up.

My advise for every post you make:

- Make sure your post makes sense.
    - Always treat you're fellow forum member with respect. (I miss that sometimes around here)
    - Humor is not forbidden!!! :D :D :D :D

Thanks for reading... ;) :)

You're fellow JC Council Member,

MasterObi-Wan-Kenobi

Please repost in the JCC.

2. yodahs-daddy

yodahs-daddy Jedi Master star 5

May 20, 2002
    "Who has the highest post count."

One word.

Bib-Fortuna Twilek

DarthSapient
    is not far behind.

3. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Well, you obviously just don't have as much time on your hands as some of us if you can't even be bothered to correct your own spelling, so that explains your low post count. As for you wanting everyone else to post just like you: let it go because it will never happen. Everyone who comes here is here to have fun, and each in their own way. The TOS has a tight enough end as it is, any further limits on expression or creativity are absolutely unnecessary.

4. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    This seems as much suited for the JCC as it does for Communications.

5. MasterObi-Wan-Kenobi

Dec 6, 2002
    Read again. Time is not a problem. I read more than I post.

Spelling is my problem because English is not my home language. Dutch is. I can speak fluent English, grammar is something completly different. ;)

MasterObi-Wan-Kenobi

6. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    Then you really should have taken the time to correct that horrendous spelling. If you're going to write up a manifesto on the "art of posting" it would give a lot of credibility to your argument.

7. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    If his bio is to be believed, he isn't from the US, so perhaps some slack should be given, Deltron.

8. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    There is no art to posting. There are no divine rules I'm breaking if I make fun of someone.

It's just the JC. Don't take it so seriously.

I post only when necessary

Thankyou for your comments. I'll be sure to ignore them when I get on with my life.

FATALITY!

9. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Edit: Nevermind. No point.

10. MasterObi-Wan-Kenobi

Dec 6, 2002
    Bio is correct, accept for Job and Job title...

11. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    If his bio is to be believed, he isn't from the US, so perhaps some slack should be given, Deltron.

Yeah yeah, I see the edit now. But you would also think that someone who struggles with the written form of English would me more apt to allow slack for the posting quirks, and annoying habits of others. No?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.