main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive The Art of ThrawnRocks- Updated 2/10 *The New Apple iDroid*

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by ThrawnRocks, Mar 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Well, I've been really lazy the past few months, and havne't really done any Fan Art, but I have an upcoming fic that I'm pretty excited about, so I decided to do a ROTS style teaser poster for it:

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ThrawnRocks/Teaser1.jpg]

It's an Alternate Universe fic ;) :p

This was definately one of the most difficult projects that I've done, but it was worth it :)

2. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Evil Luke is always intriguing. Nice effect with the crossed sabers!

3. Darth_ArsnL

Darth_ArsnL Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2005
    Cool poster work, i especially like what you did with the wallpapers and the clone wars vader. Keep posting!
    -Arsnl

4. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    wick: Thanks :) It's always hard to envision evil Luke. I tried some sith eyes, but nothing really worked :p

ArsnL: Thanks :)

5. jedi-master-faran

jedi-master-faran Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2005
    cant wait to see ur movie

6. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Actually, the poster's for a FanFic, but thanks anyway ;) :p

Man. This fic would be one crazy movie...

7. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Update :)

Did this one for the fanart challenge. It's of my favorite scene in ROTS. Ki-Adi Mundi dying. It was so sad! :_| :_| :_| :_|

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ThrawnRocks/66.jpg]

8. DarthMaul431

DarthMaul431 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2003
    I like how evil Luke came out. Good luck with the fic! Order 66 was my favorite too and I know how you feel! :( [face_worried] :_|

9. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I'm so sorry I've neglected to drop a comment on your last few pieces, ThrawnRocks! Naughty me! :(

I like both the Mace Windu compositions--using the color of his lightsaber behind him was inspired! Again--very clean and arranged well! "Evil Luke" actually looks evil--is it the red sabers, I wonder...? And the Order 66 piece is sad--I hated the way the clones just turned on the Jedi they'd been fighting side by side with...I guess that's what "programming" will do to a person (erm...clone...). Nice work! BTW--how's the Evil Luke fic coming (or is it done now...?)?

FF

10. wicktone

Dec 30, 2003
    That is an awesome-looking clone trooper, I have to say. I'd never seen that particular version before now, either. He's very appropriate for your image, too, since the shape of his helmet seems to suggest a menacing expression.

Adding the caption on this really hits the mark for the scene.

11. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004

That's okay :p Thanks :) You really think Luke looks evil? Thanks. I wasn't sure I hit it, and he looked more then a bit awkward with Sith eyes :p I agree with you Order 66 comment. Damn clones :mad: :p Thanks again :) Oh, and I'm still working on my evil Luke fic right now. Tying to get ahead a few posts before I post it here. Plus I also have to think of a name :p I will be postinit in the Saga forum [/sameless plug] :p

Theanks, but you shouldn't be complimenting me, you should be complimenting whatever ILM employee came up with him :p It's Commander Bacara who was the commander serving under Ki-Adi durring the battle of Mygeeto when he was betrayed by the clones :p Bacara was actualy in the movie there, but only for a second or two when he's recieving the order :p He and his troops were supposed to remind us of snowtroopers I think :p

Update

This was a request, and I started it a few months ago, but never got around to finishing it (sorry!) until yesterday. It's supposed to be Clone Wars style Padawan Obi-Wan. I think he still looks too much like Anakin though. I think it's because he still has Anakin's chin :(

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ThrawnRocks/ObiClone.jpg]

12. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    I really like these Clone Wars pieces everyone does--the style is very distinctive and bold, and looks very cool!

This is a great rendition of a younger Obi Wan--and yeah, he sort of resembles Anakin here--but his clothing is the "tell," and lets us know that it's Obi! The background here is wonderful, with lots of depth and great colors--it really adds a lot to the piece! Nicely done, ThrawnRocks!

FF

13. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    "Padawan Obi-Wan" looks great ThrawnRocks! Dead-on accuracy to the Clone Wars design style :)

Did you make the background, too? I've been meaning to do something like that with my KotOR character designs.

14. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004

Thanks :) It's good to hear that people know it's Obi-Wan, despite his Anakin-ish face :) Meh. The background was done by Gendy's team. I just did the Obi-Wan :p

Thanks, but that's partialy because I was mostly just changing colors of an Anakin image :p Meh. If I were able to make that background, my life would be complete :p No, as I said, that was from the Clone Wars cartoons (coruscant).

Update

Finaly made another wallpaper. This one of Padmé. I don't like the character (or actress for that matter) all that much, but I had the image, and I have to admit that that was a wonderful line.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ThrawnRocks/Padmelarge.jpg]

15. wicktone

Dec 30, 2003
    I like the Padawan Obi-wan. His face is a little Anakin-esque, but I agree with Falcon that the robes give it away that this is Kenobi.

Beautiful wallpaper, too!

16. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Thanks, but that's partialy because I was mostly just changing colors of an Anakin image Meh. If I were able to make that background, my life would be complete No, as I said, that was from the Clone Wars cartoons (coruscant).

Well, you still did a great job with it:) It definitely has that "young Obi-Wan" feel.

The Padme wallpaper looks good as well. That's a great line.

17. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    Love that Padawan Obi! :D These people who can do this style so wonderfully should be shot! Congratulated first then shot! :D It just looks so professional...what program are you using? Looks like illustrator but I can't be sure...some people are that good with photoshop with solid lines and such. :)

Oh and I dig your wallpapers too. The death scene is so sad. :(

18. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    No, actualy I used Photoshop.

Thanks for your comments :)

Finaly an update:

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ThrawnRocks/Volume8-1.jpg]

This is a fake cover I made for the 8th Clone Wars Trade Paperback. I didn't like the fake one I saw before ( here ) so I decided to make a new one in the usual style of the Clone Wars TPBs.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ThrawnRocks/Stuffing.jpg]

This was done for the Fan Art challenge. I like to think of it as what Vergere's Order 66 would have been if she were in the galaxy when it happened :p

19. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    "Tastes like chicken!"

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

The Vergere piece is hilarious, ThrawnRocks! I would never have imagined this for the Art Challenge, but it's just so appropriate! [face_laugh]

"Get 'er into the deep fryer, Newt!" [face_laugh]

The cover example is wonderful--I've always loved that image of Vos, and you've used it very well here! Good lighting and color, and (always a preference of mine!) no "clutter!" Very nice!

FF

20. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    I didn't read the NJO, but your fanart is very nice! [face_love]

I like the picture with Ki-adi-mundi, this scene was very sad in the movie :_|

21. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    "Tastes like chicken!"

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

The Vergere piece is hilarious, ThrawnRocks! I would never have imagined this for the Art Challenge, but it's just so appropriate! [face_laugh]

"Get 'er into the deep fryer, Newt!" [face_laugh]

The cover example is wonderful--I've always loved that image of Vos, and you've used it very well here! Good lighting and color, and (always a preference of mine!) no "clutter!" Very nice!

Thanks again :)

I didn't read the NJO, but your fanart is very nice! [face_love]

Thank you.

I like the picture with Ki-adi-mundi, this scene was very sad in the movie :_|

Tell me about it. :_|

Here is my first successful attempt at digital coloring. The original image is DarthZemog's inked Darth Maul.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ThrawnRocks/Maul.jpg]

22. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, that looks great ThrawnRocks! I really like the dark and sort of ominous feel to this--so proper for an image of Darth Maul, especially when he's swinging two lightsabers around like that! Very cool background there, too--it almost looks like the observation deck of a starship or something similar to that... :cool:

Wonderful!

FF

23. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    I looove Darth Maul [face_love] and your drawing is nice! ^^ but the background looks a little strange.
    I like the way you did the lightsabers.

24. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    FalconFan: Thanks :D The background was intended to be Coruscant, but I can see how it looks like an observation deck.

Vana: Well, actualy the drawing is by Darth Zemog. I just did the coloring and background.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ThrawnRocks/Holiday.jpg]

This was done for the December Fanart Challenge. The idea came from a thread in Lit where it was decided that Obi-Wan was a rabbi :p

25. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oiy!! How did I miss this in the Challenge thread?!
    [face_laugh][face_laugh]

Obi Wan's a rabbi...? Who knew...?

Great piece, ThrawnRocks! Very nice shading on the Santa hat in particular--it really looks like it was in there to begin with! ;)

FF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.