main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive The Art of ThrawnRocks Version 2.0 ? UPDATE * Tycho Celchu WIP * 10/4

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by ThrawnRocks, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    I've been pretty inactive for a while here, but recently I have been inspired to start drawing some more. My old thread was 100% photoshop work and I thought that given the fact that I am planning on focusing on hand drawn art (and the fact that the old thread is auto locked) it would be a great time to start a new thread.

First up is Jag Fel from LOTF (I used Battlestar Galactica actor Tahmoh Penikett as a model):

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ThrawnRocks/JagFel3.jpg]

Excuse the quality of the image. I don't have a scanner, so that is a digital photo with brightness/contrast enhanced in photoshop to be closer to real life.

I've also started started work on Tycho Celchu, so hopefully that will be up sometime in the next week or two.

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Very nnice!! I'm excited to see what you do with Tycho.

3. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    Wow thats pretty cool. Nice shading and proportioning!

4. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Thanks guys!

Here is what I have so far for Tycho:

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ThrawnRocks/Tycho.jpg]

I still have a lot to do in defining the facial features, and giving the face and neck proper shading. And of course I need to do the entire flight suit. But I think the hair is pretty much done ;) :p

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Very cool! Can't wait to see the rest :D (Especially since the lighter parts aren't showing up well on my settings :( ).

6. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Looking good! Long-ish hair like that is always troublesome for me, but it looks like to did a nice job with it!

7. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    GAH!! How did I miss Jag?! **slaps forehead** ...I don't get in here nearly often enough...

Love it! He looks to me as he might be now, in charge of the Moff Council on Bastion--sort of echoing his distinguished-looking dad, with the tidy beard and polished uniform... Very nice job! And WOOT!! Tycho! Here's a fellow we don't see nearly enough of--well-done! He looks wonderful so far (I love the almost "impish" smile he's sporting here!)! Great to see you doing more free-hand work--and you're very good at it! =D=

FF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.