main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Art of War - Private lessons from Jello

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by GrandAdmiralJello , Jan 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Welcome to the Jello Academy ? Those who do not read this post and fail to follow directions will be denied admission

For those of you unfamiliar with me, I typically go by the name of Emperor Iaius I Jello in the two main games that I?m affiliated with. I helped found this board, and have been a GM and/or led the largest factions in the two flagship RPs of the RPF: WOTG and IBoP. In those games, I?ve distinguished myself in being an undefeated military commander and have become a byword for invincibility. I?m not here, though, to wax poetic about what I can do in a game. Rather?

I have endeavored on a new project: to transmit the skills I?ve demonstrated over the years to players all over the RPF. To that end, I have elected to privately instruct a few selected candidates in the ways of space battle. I hope that I can raise the standards of space combat on these boards, and to stop many of the problems that plague games that feature space combat in the RPF. Having played many myself, I?ve seen some of the best and worst things that players do and have witnessed some of the lows of player-player interaction.

It is my wish that my pupils will take with them the lessons they?ve learned and serve as examples to others. It?s a lot more effective than telling people what to do?and it?s a way to spread these ideas further. Hopefully, by increasing the standards of gameplay in space, we can see a lot more successful RPs. For example, the usage of character development and profiles in the first few games has spread to nearly every game now seen on this board: in a way, I hope to do the same for those that involve space combat.

I?ll probably change my methods and rules frequently through the course of this ?game.? Fortunately, since I intend to limit the amount of pupils, I?ll be able to have the flexibility to tailor the lessons to whatever standards I require. Furthermore, it will proceed as quickly or as slowly as the pupils themselves need: since there won?t be dozens of people waiting upon events and no timeline to speak of, it will be a true learning environment. In fact, it can even be tailored to the wishes and needs of the players?if there?s something in particular they want covered, it can be addressed.

The format of the academy is still being developed, but as it stands, it?s going to be set in an IC format at a special training facility. The facility will be headed by Iaius Jello?a man who is variously emperor, god, grand admiral, or just a random teacher. An aura of mystery surrounds him, as he is a different person to different people. He?s going to be the personal avatar of myself?known mostly for being an emperor, but not existing solely as that. He?s going to be my main influence in the game, and I?ll try to keep most administrative work IC if possible.

My goals:

- To instruct others in the art of war
    - To discover untapped quality players
    - To encourage talent and reward it
    - To help better players, in terms of interactions and external actions
    - To create a fun experience while doing an important service

Applicants

Those of you that wish to join must apply by PM.

I will not provide a character profile. One of the things I will be looking for is your ability to create your own profile without directions from others. Put in whatever you think is appropriate.

I?ll be selecting candidates based on promise, need, and what I judge as a willingness to learn. I considered putting quotas?perhaps by year, or half male half female, but I?ve decided to judge entirely on the applications.

Your characters can be any species and have whatever name you desire. They?re not be be generals or Jedi masters. You?re free to use your favorite character from any game, but their past will stay with them. If you?re best known for a Sith Lord named Bob, then your character will be considered to have joined this academy incognito: a Sith Lord wouldn?t reveal his status at a university, certainly. This helps the game adapt to AU situa

2. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    I can vouch for this.

3. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    Is there a deadline for submission of applications? Some sort of date that you would like them all in by?

-I_H

4. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    I would like to sign up. For more than one purpose.

5. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    I must express my curiousity, are there any examples of tactics and such that should be shared? It's rather futile to point at the War of the Galaxy and Integrated Balance of Power threads, as they're hulking behemoths of such epic might that it's probably futile to sift through it, especially since you have to keep track of several simultaneous threads. That said, the games look like they were a ton of fun and kicked *** on an epic scale, and clearly something was done correctly if you managed to secure your position. But for those of us who weren't around for it, care to share some stories that will seperate the myth and the man?

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    IH: As it stands--none yet. I might begin deciding on who to choose sometime during the weekend. I hope to begin this thing during the weekdays next week.

Thok: Then send in an application! :p

LightWarden: Unfortunately, any such examples would have to be grabbed from those games. I do have two threads where I've "dueled" other users, and so the entirety of the thread would be the battle itself. One of them was called "a settling of accounts" where I dueled New_York_Jedi and the other was where I dueled Suzuki_Akira.

7. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    Well, such threads seem to dodge my (admittedly average) skill at digging. But everyone's got War Stories. There's got to be some moments where you were feeling particularly proud of yourself, or had a plan fall into place.

To remain somewhat on topic... Will this game be publicly played or privately done?

And are you teaching wide-scale, grand plan strategy, or the more smaller scale, encounter-based tactics?

8. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm always proud of myself and my plans always fall into place. ;)

But yes, it'll be publically played right in here. I'll cover everything you mentioned, and things inbetween. It'll really depend on what the candidates end up needing to know, and what I decide is relevant. I intend it to be a dynamic environment.

9. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I'll be weeding through the applications this weekend and will be sending invitations to the admitted players by PM on Monday. If you're still waiting to apply, now's the time.

10. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    Name: Randal Duflin
    Species: Human
    Homeworld: Chandrilla
    Family Name: Duflin
    Native Language: Basic
    Foreign Language: Rodian
    Appearance
    ---Height: 5'11"
    ---Weight: 175
    ---Eye Color: Grey Green
    ---Hair/Fur Color: Black
    ---Skin Color: Tan
    ---Clothing: Grey Imperial uniform, No rank Insignia, but 1 full Rank Pen on his left side.
    ---Other:

Personality: Compasionate and Carring for those whom are close to him. Stern with his decision making, always thinking of as many possible
    Habits: tapping his foot, loosing himself in his work.
    Dislikes: The ignorant,
    Intelligence: Genius
    Strength: Normal
    Agility: Normal
    Speed: 10 mph
    Weakness: Those that are close to him, family and friends etc.
    Limitations: None
    Racial Attributes: luck

Affiliation: Galactic Empire
    ---Branch: Political/Military
    ---Station: Imperator Class-Star Destroyer "Fist of Fondor"
    ---Unit: ---Primary Weapons: Dl-47
    ---Secondary Weapons: vibro dagger

The Force
    ---Yes or No?: No

[b]IC as Randal Duflin[/b]

[blockquote][i]On board the Super Star Destroyer Immortal Emperor[/i]

Although all Imperial capital ships shared very similar interior structure, there was always something majestic about walking in the hallways of a [i]Executor[/i]-Class. Randal was very eager to be here, knowing that his career was just at its beginings, and perhaps some day even he could command such a glorious ship such as this. Quickly, Duflin made his way into the waiting room filled with many open chairs. As he looked around, he realized that everyone else in the room was here for the same reason as him. No matter how many others were in his class, he would not be daunted by their presence. For Randal would do his best to serve his Emperor and The Empire, and be one of the best commanders this galaxy would ever see.[/blockquote]

Tag: [b]Others[/b]

11. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    Jello Approved ;)

Vitals
    Name: Silenus Azziz Powray
    Alias: Agent Osk
    Home world: Kuat
    Job Previous: Imperial Systems Analyst/Hacker for Kuat Drive Yards

Appearance
    Height: 6'2"
    Weight: 160 lbs
    Physiology: Thin and Lanky
    Hair Color: Brown, sometimes dyed blue
    Hair Style: Usually Gelled to Stand Up or Unruly
    Eye Color: Green
    Clothing: Usually baggy grey cargo-pants and some sort of tunic or shirt. Finishes off the outfit with some Imperial combat boots and a spiky bracelet.
    Tools: Usually keeps a variety of electronic tools on a bandoleer he wears, or hooked to the pockets of his baggy pants
    Other details: Likes to wear dark tinted goggles, though no one really knows why. Some think its out of utility, but others feel its just another one of his fashion statements.

Personality
    Traits: A very confident man who likes the fringe culture. Silenus works for the Empire not out of ideology, but because they pay the best and have the nicest toys. A hard-core techno nerd, the man loves his job.
    Likes: Computers, Nar Shadda Punk Culture, Imperial Warships, Credits
    Dislikes: Unintelligent people, exercise, conservative / stuck up generals and nobility, simple things

The Force / Ships
    Force Sensitive: Not at All
    Personal Ship: Doesn't have one, hitch-hikes and borrows off others

Biography
    Silenus was born from two working class parents on the mighty Kuat Drive Yards. Both his parents were dock workers, who managed, like out of a story book, to meet up and fall in love. Young Silenus seemed destined to follow in his parent's footsteps, like so many others who live and die working for the company. As a boy, Silenus though, did have a fascination with electronics and the computer systems of the day. And during the height of the New Order, there was no better place to be than at Kuat. Young Silenus tinkered with all the computers in his small house, and even at work, dodging the dock authorities in pursuit of the latest and the greatest technologies.

It was around his 17th birthday that the first defining moment of his life came about. It was then that was introduced to the fringe culture of the galaxy. A few of his close friends had returned from a trip to Nar Shadda, and brought with them the trappings of the "Nar Shaddan Punk Culture". Being surrounded by Imperial Culture, the wild and freethinking nature of the counter movement was extremely attractive to the teen, and he embraced it whole-heartedly. The next two years were extremely dark times for the boy, including his dabbling in all sorts of drugs, most prominently including spice.

But his fascination with computers and electronics remained, until the second big event of his life occurred, about halfway through his 19th year. A visiting Imperial dignitary to the Drive Yards was inspecting the hold in which Silenus and a load crew were working at. By unexplained electrical malfunction, the thermal protectors of the bay closed off, rapidly plunging the temperature. It was only through Silenus' quick actions of electrical rerouting power that the dignitary and the workers were saved. Needless to say, the Imperial Dignitary was very impressed, and the young man was hired there on the spot to be trained by the Government as a systems analyst, and hacker/slicer.

His first few years with the Empire were great ones for the man. Under their watchful eye, he was able to kick his habit for spice and drugs, which allowed Silenus to focus more exclusively on his work. Much to the chagrin of his Imperial superiors however, he kept his interest in the counter-culture, enjoying dying his hair and tweaking his eyes. However, his skills were more than exceptional, so many believed it was easier to put up with his antics then find a replacement for the man. He also was introduced to the wide array of resources and funds the Empire had at its disposal. Silenus really took interest with this, like a massive toy box opened up to him, and for it, he t

12. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    APPROVED

Name: Mikhail Zivolovski
    Appearance: Tall, lithe young man with clean, trim brown hair. Blue eyes, soft features
    Clothing: black coat atop a dark red tunic with black pants. Very fine quality, but is showing a bit of age.
    Personality: Very professional, can be quite secretive, and very fanatical, at times, towards meeting his goals. His naive features sometimes lull others into carelessness.
    Bio: Zivolovski is an-pilot who came to command a squadron after his Captain was killed in action. He assumed command quickly, and successfully led the squadron to victory. Soon after, he was given the rank of captain, and he now hopes to prove himself as a ship's captain.

Pitifully small, yes, but this allows room for development.

Mikhail Zivolovski

In the blackness of space, a lone shuttle slipped out of hyperspace.

The small gray vessel was of Imperial make, but was now a ship chartered out to those with enough money. It's lone passenger just so happened to have enough money.

Sitting down in the co-pilot's seat was Mikhail Zivolovski. He seemed, to all outward appearances, to be quite comfortable in the seat. He frowned. The seat was too small, or he was too tall. If this were any other trip, Mikhail would have no trouble in relaxing. But, as the shuttle neared the massive bulk of a Super Star Destroyer, he reminded himself that this was no ordinary trip.

The shuttle docked with little fanfare, and Zivolovski left it via the boarding ramp. As his feet left the last inches of the metal walkway, it began to retract, as if by it's own free will.

Zivolovski continued walking into the hangar. It felt good to stretch after the long trip in the confined spaces of the shuttle, but was still at ease. Maybe if he had his own fighter, something that he controlled, now, then he'd feel good about this.

Don't be afraid. Show them what you can do. he thought.

As he left the hangar, he came to a decision: whatever happens, happens, and there would be little he could do about it. He entered the waiting room, and was suprised to see a lanky man with a spiked armband on. Odd.

"Hello?" he said, tentatively.

13. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Super Star Destroyer Immortal Emperor - Ready Room

Three individuals had debarked from their various vehicles and made their way to this chamber. As yet, two more were to be expected. Nevertheless, there was nothing more eerie than an empty ship. That, indeed, was to be avoided.

A lone voice emerged from the PA system. "Welcome to the Immortal Emperor. As yet, we are still expecting others. Feel free to explore the ready room, however. You'll note that there is a banquet table set up at the end of the stage, and there are refreshment booths dotting the rings of the amphitheatre. You may also plug-in your datapads into the seats in order to download and view some of the latest HoloNet feeds. Or, just talk amongst yourselves. It's up to you."

And indeed, what they did from here on out would be subject to observation. But he didn't tell them that.

TAG: All

14. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    IC: Randal Duflin

Super Star Destroyer Immortal Emperor

He was sitting patiently, waiting for others to arrive when he first caught a glympse of the man who walked in. At first glance, Randal was appauled by seeing someone wearing such innapropriate clothes to such a situation like this. But Randal held his mouth shut when he realized that this man was here for a good reason.

"Pleasure to meet you boss. Names Silenus Powray. Looks like we're going to be classmates."

"Randal Dufflin, and the pleasure is mine." said Randal as he took the man's hand in a shake. Sitting back down, he went back to reading some Technical reports that he had not been able to get around to in some time. It was always good to keep on top of Imperial R&D. Only moments passed before Randal saw another man approach the room.

"Hello?"

Finally, an appropriately dressed peer thought randal as he realized this man was also a member of His Imperial Majesty's Navy. Without moving from his current position, Randal responded to the Captain. "Be seated Captain, we are still waiting for the others." Not more than a moment later, a lone voice emerged from the PA system.

"Welcome to the Immortal Emperor. As yet, we are still expecting others. Feel free to explore the ready room, however. You'll note that there is a banquet table set up at the end of the stage, and there are refreshment booths dotting the rings of the amphitheatre. You may also plug-in your datapads into the seats in order to download and view some of the latest HoloNet feeds. Or, just talk amongst yourselves. It's up to you."

Not wanting to over endulge himself, Randal simply retrieved himself a glass of water before sitting back down to read from his datapad. It seems that the Tie-Defender production was finally getting back into full steam, allowing more units to be produced than compaired to the past. Excellent

Tag: Jello, Others

15. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Captain Mikhail Zivolovski

Immortal Emperor

Zivolovski nodded curtly, and walked over to a booth. He poured himself a drink, a clear alcohol with a slightly minty bite.

Not the best drink he'd had, but it loosened him up.

He moved over to a chair, and removed his jacket, folding it over the back. Sitting down, he sipped on his drink, and pulled out a small, worn book from his jacket pocket. He opened it to a page marked by a folded corner. Anyone who cared to look over his shoulder would see that it was an ancient book on philosophy and religion.

Obtuse works, Zivolovski loved reading and memorizing passages from it. He was a bookworm. Reading was a favourite hobby of his, and the men under his command never understood how he could pore over old books.

The current book he was reading came from a distant planet, isignificant now. It was a compilation of ancient legends and beliefs, and was quite the fascinating read. It spoke of deserts, "Makers", and deified men, and Zivolovski was revelling in every moment of it.

Tag: Anyone (Bonus ponts if you name the book I'm alluding to)

16. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
  17. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    damn...beat me to it.

18. bterrik

bterrik Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2001
    Character Sheet
    The Basics
    Name: Urak Lionel
    Homeworld: Mon Calamari
    Languages:
    --Basic (primary)
    --Mon Calamari
    Height: 5'11"
    Weight: 174
    Physical Description:
    Urak's most remarkable feature is his lack of remarkable features. Standing at an average height with an average weight and possessing dark hair with green eyes, Urak is not physically remarkable for his species. Perhaps the single distinguishing feature on his body is a long, deep scar on his upper right thigh.

The Details
    Previous Career: Captain, Alliance to Restore the Republic/New Republic
    Personality Traits: Closed and professional in public, slow to make friends and easy to suspect potential enemies. Consequently, extremely loyal to those who he considers friends.
    Command Style: Favorite move is the hit and run. Prefers mobility and innovativeness to slugging it out, which has cost him prestige in the strategy of the New Republic.
    Clothing: Alliance Navy Uniform without Rank
    Weapons: Standard Issue Blastech DH-17
    Ship:
    -Former Command:
    Kuat Drive Yards Nebulon B-class Frigate El Aurim
    -Current Vessel: Basic Mon Calamari Transport
    Biography: Urak Lionel was orphaned as an infant on the water world of Mon Calamari. The name given to him by his parents has been lost to history, but as a baby he was adopted by a pair of Mon Calamari who couldn't bear to see the child cast out onto the street. In the tradition of the Mon Calamari, he was given his family name when he was formally adopted, Lionel, and a few years later his first name, Urak.

When the Imperial Star Destroyer attacked Mon Calamari and destroyed three of her floating cities, Urak's adopters were killed. This devastated Urak, for they had always treated him with kindness and as one of their own. Shortly thereafter, he joined the newly established Mon Calamari Military Academy and graduated in the top half of his class. He was assigned to a Corellian Corvette escorting convoys in the Outer Rim and after some years, eventually rose to command her. He established himself as an effective tactician and excelled at the Alliance specialty: the hit and run. Just prior to the Battle of Endor, he was given command of the El Aurim. His ship served with distinction at the Battle of Endor and the Battle of Coruscant. However, as the Alliance grew into the New Republic, Urak and his favored hit and run tactic fell by the wayside. While he has learned and tried to adapt to the more static tactics of the New Republic, his strength will always be in speed and innovation. This has proved bad for his career and recently, he was shunted sideways and remained in command of the El Aurim rather than getting a more prestigious ship. Shortly thereafter, he realized that he needed more training and experience in ship-to-ship combat, and this academy would be the result of that realization.

[b]Urak Lionel[/b]

[blockquote]Urak checked his autopilot as his Mon Calamarian transport raced through hyperspace. He would be arriving in less than ten minutes at his designated coordinates. All systems were a go, and everything seemed to be in place. He raised a hand and nervously smoothed a wrinkle in his uniform. He ran over his plan one more time in his head, as all commanders do. This time, however, it was simple. He was returning to school.

"You'd think I was on the edge of battle making a combat jump by the way I'm reacting!" Urak exclaimed to himself, trying to calm his nerves. But in a way, he was right. As an officer in the New Republic Navy, he was sworn to fight Imperial menaces like the one he was going to be docking on in twenty minutes. [i]Well, sworn to fight them until a month ago.[/i] Officially, he was on administrative leave. Unofficially, he was on a quest to get his career back on track. That required that he learn from the best, Imperial or Republic - and so he would.

A light activated on his console as the ship approached the destination coordinates, but Urak allowed the computer to

19. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    IC: Silenus

The Imperial that Silenus greeted moved to shake Silenus' hand, for which the slicer accepted his gesture graciously. It was always good to make friends, whoever they may be.

"Randal Dufflin, and the pleasure is mine."

"Nice to meet you......" he said, looking at the man's bare uniform, no rank to be seen. "..... Mister Dufflin."

The man moved back to reading some technical journals, and Silenus turned to have a seat on one of the chairs in the room. He noticed another clean cut Imperial man entering the room when the intercom crackled to life....

"Welcome to the Immortal Emperor. As yet, we are still expecting others. Feel free to explore the ready room, however. You'll note that there is a banquet table set up at the end of the stage, and there are refreshment booths dotting the rings of the amphitheatre. You may also plug-in your datapads into the seats in order to download and view some of the latest HoloNet feeds. Or, just talk amongst yourselves. It's up to you."

Silenus nodded to himself, interpreting the commands. So just hanging out hm? Interesting. Waiting for the late-comers to move on in. The slicer's gaze returned to the man that had entered the room right before the message. He was dressed very interestingly. The black and red look was nice, but strange. Was he perhaps not a military official?

The slicer tore his eyes from the stranger as the man moved to the bar. He rummaged through his bag to pull out his personal datapad, a monsterous thing twice as large as normal datapads and six times as many cords. Hmmmm. An A-Jack perhaps? The man was very anxious to test the Super Star Destroyer's internal network. An A-Jack would be safe to so some preliminary probing of the networking. Silenus looked up to see the fancily dressed man as he plugged in the cord. The Lordish figure was now sitting, reading a book at the refreshment station.

Silenus almost had to do a double take. A book? It certainly looked like it. Real paper and everything? He had never seen an actual book before, save in museum feeds. Who was that guy?

The slicer took out another, normal datapad and sat it on his knee. The left feed of the A cord was plugged into the normal datapad, and the other, the right spliting cable was plugged into his home pad. The function of the A Cord was very simple. The left feed was the traditional one. It was to open the connection and uplink/downlink of data. But the genius of the A Cord was in the splitter at the top of the "A" that allowed for a second, pirate "right splitting" cable to be pulled through. Run the right programs and a user can slip "behind the data" and into the mainframe.

As Silenus initiated the entry program, the door of the ready room was opened and another man came in. This one was old! At least in his 40s. And he was dressed in a New Republic Officers Uniform. How peculiar! The hacker considered the three folks he had seen so far. A straight up Imperial, a rich looking guy interested in really old things, and a New Republic Officer.

His datapad gave a beep as the program completed its operations. He was behind the data stream. Marvellous. The man took out from his bag one of his homemade inventions... a glove with hard but thin rods from his fingers. It was like having claws, only that... well.... they weren't battle ready. The prongs were used to provide easier interface with the touchscreen of the datapad. A stylus on every finger made rapid entry commands far easier.

Three flicks from his newly gloved right hand took him into a datascrawl, the hacker reading the coding. Closed Network. Secure dataline from Imperial Command. Four flicks and he inquired as to the entry point to the rest of the ship mainframe. Locked. Hmmmm. G-115 Double Encrypt with a Hyperscript Induction Protocol. Nothing too hard to bust open. Howeveeeerrr.... not very legal. Best not to do that yet.

He was hungry. But first..... bandwidth check. He was curious to see the quality of data in a

20. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Captain Mikhail Zivolovski, aboard the Immortal Emperor

Mikhail dog-eared the page he was on, and slid into his coat.

In the left pocket, sewn on the interior of the coat, he placed the book. Not many books still existed, but those that did, Zivolovski was determined to read, and add to his growing collection.

As the small book slid into his pocket, he surveyed his coat. His wonderful coat. It had been well-worn in the many years it had rested on his shoulder, and it was showing its age. In a good way. The coat had been a gift to him when he was younger, and he had received it upon his acceptance into the Academy. It got little use during basic training as a grunt, but when he became a pilot, by the Force, he wore it as often as he could. The coat was black, and fell down to his knees.

Three black buttons, made of wood from Endor's forest moon, were sewn into the front. They had been carved into intricate tribal designs, which were then picked out in crimson paint. The collar was in red, also, and could be either stuck up for shelter against the wind and other elements. It bore on it two simple decorations: the insignia of an Imperial Fighter Captain, and a black button, shaped as a four-petaled flower. The cuffs, too, were crimson, and they were held in place by buttons identical to those on the front of the coat.

That was his coat. Some threads were showing, and the buttons looked a little worn, but it still was a very beautiful coat. A very beautiful work of art.

As Mikhail's mind returned to the present, he sipped at his drink. That bitter, minty taste again. His mind thought of what was to come, and who the mysterious owner of the Emperor was. Why was the ship, seemingly, unmanned? Why the unique guests? The punk-like man seemed to be a slicer. Wasn't this about command?

He bit his lip. Wheels within wheels, as his book said.

Ah well. He needed another drink, something tastier. In less than ten steps, he was at the booth, and had laready begun filling his glass with some other strong-smelling liquor. Vodka? yes, it was. He took a red flask, and, removing the stopper, smelled the blood-red liquid inside. A cherry-flavoured syrup. Hm. Mikhail poured a bit of it in his drink. He stirred it, and took a sip.

Much better!

He moved to a viewport, nearer to the top of the amphitheatre-like room. Staring out, he enjoyed an untarnished view of space - no planets, no other ships, nothing but that nice, wide starscape.

Beautiful.

Tag: Anyone

21. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Super Star Destroyer Immortal Emperor
    Iaius I

There was a sharp tone, and that was it. There was no fanfare, no fife and drums, no pomp and circumstance. That tone was the only sound heralding the man's arrival.

And here he was: dark in hair, sharp in eye, and slick in dress. He wore no accountrements of rank, though he did wear a white Imperial uniform with golden epaulettes--distinctly trimmed in purple. In his hands he held a short sceptre topped with a golden eagle: and that was it.

He looked over all those assembled, then nodded slightly. "Very good. I've seen fit to reserve the final slot for now: it suits my goals better to have an even number of pupils." Drawing his fingers together in a steeple, he asked spoke very clearly and grandly. "Before we begin the next test, I'd like you all to introduce yourselves. I'll start."

Clasping his hands behind his back, he began: "You may call me Iaius--take that as you will. I will answer to my first name or sir. The more discerning among you may discover more fitting things to call me: we shall see. As I stand before you, I am the unrivaled master of space combat. That is why you are here, to learn among me. My past reaches out years behind me and is clouded in mystery: I have had a tremendous career, but there's no need to recount it now. All that's important to know is that your future is in my hands."

He stopped. Whomever took the initiative could go next.

TAG: Anyone

22. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    IC: Randal Duflin

Super Star Desroyer Immortal Emperor

Randal was very impressed by the way their host presented himself to the crowd. Though his dress was a slight modification to a Grand Admiral's uniform, Randal was not displeased by the overall look Iaius had achieved. "You may call me Iaius--take that as you will. I will answer to my first name or sir. The more discerning among you may discover more fitting things to call me: we shall see. As I stand before you, I am the unrivaled master of space combat. That is why you are here, to learn among me. My past reaches out years behind me and is clouded in mystery: I have had a tremendous career, but there's no need to recount it now. All that's important to know is that your future is in my hands."

Randal gave Iaius a slight nod, and readjusted himself in his seat. Taking a final sip from his glass of water, the Imperial spoke. "I am Randal Duflin, officer in His Imperial Majesty's Navy, my rank, is not important. I have been honing my skills in space warfare for the last 29 years and I view this grouping as a way to better myself beyond what i currently can achieve. Hopefully, we will all get to know each other better, but now i feel this should be a step in the right direction."

Tag: Others

23. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    IC: Silenus Powray

Silenus was busy admiring the uplinks fine 120 Velvetbit datafeed when there was a tone that chimed out. He looked up to see a very very important looking man standing before then. Alright. Perhaps this one was someone he needed to pay attention to. All that white, gold, and purple. Might even be the Emperor himself.

The man mentioned that this would be all the students for now, and that he wanted introductions.

"You may call me Iaius--take that as you will. I will answer to my first name or sir. The more discerning among you may discover more fitting things to call me: we shall see. As I stand before you, I am the unrivaled master of space combat. That is why you are here, to learn among me. My past reaches out years behind me and is clouded in mystery: I have had a tremendous career, but there's no need to recount it now. All that's important to know is that your future is in my hands."

The Slicer gave Iaius the once over. Hm. Well, if this Mister Iaius was so amazing, he was happy to be here. Mister Master should prove for some excellent instruction, and Silenus was happy to broaden his skill set to include tactics. Silenus's friend, the early coming Imperial.... Duflin was it? ..... stood then to introduce himself.

"I am Randal Duflin, officer in His Imperial Majesty's Navy, my rank, is not important. I have been honing my skills in space warfare for the last 29 years and I view this grouping as a way to better myself beyond what I currently can achieve. Hopefully, we will all get to know each other better, but now i feel this should be a step in the right direction."

Twenty Nine years huh? Wow. Thats a long time in the Navy. Career commander. All that jazz. Hmmm. He would have to remember his experience when he dealt with him. There was a space... so he figured he would jump on in. The lanky man stood up from his seat.

"Hey there all. Names Silenus Powray, Imperial Systems Analyst for Kuat Drive Yards and Agent for the Imperial Computing Corps. Nine years into the job, rank is classified. I'm here because I got the tactics bug chatting with various ships commanders. Figured I would try for such a position, and sure nuff, I got in. I hope to get to know you all better in the days to come."

Silenus smiled, then took a seat back into his chair.

TAG: Everyone

24. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Captain Mikhail Zivolovski

A sharp tone sounded, and Mikhail turned from the viewport.

A new arrival had shown up. A man, dressed quite simply in very fine clothes, introduced himself as Iaius.

Zivolovski strode down the steps, and placed his drink on a small table as he did so. He reached the bottome of the stairs. Getting a closer look, he could now see that Iaius bore a small sceptre, obviously of Imperial origin.

An older man introduced himself as Duflin, and seemed, to Zivolovski, to be a natural leader. The slicer introduced himself, as well, but made no fuss about it. Short, and to the point. Good.

Zivolovski spoke next next. He bowed slightly, and spoke, his voice relaxed, and breathing normal.

"I'm Mikhail Zivolovski. It's a pleasure to meet you." he said, with a small smile.

Mikhail stepped back, and clasped his hands in front of him.

Tag: Anyone

25. bterrik

bterrik Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2001
    Urak Lionel

Urak was sipping on his drink and observing his surrounds, trying to get a read on the people in the room. They proved quite unreadable, but considering the presdige of this station he would have been dissapointed if he could. After a few moments, a sharp tone sounded in the room, and a man entered, dressed in majestic clothing. He introduced himself, and asked the people in the room to introduce themselves.

As the first person began, Urak slowly moved forward from the drink station and joined the group. This person's name was Randal Duflin, and he had served in the Imperial Navy for a long time. He chose not to reveal his rank, which told Urak that he was either a very important person, or one who was embarassed. It was Urak's guess it was the former, but it probably wasn't very important. Not yet, anyway.

The second who introduced himself was the young man dressed in the baggy cloths. Silenus Powrey, a slicer who had taken an interest in tactics. Interesting, and Urak thought that for a slicer to make it into such a position either meant he was well connected or extremely intelligent.

The third man gave the shortest introduction of all: his name, Mikhail Zivolovski, and a greeting. It seemed as though it was Urak's turn.

He swept forward where the others wouldn't have to strain to see him. "My name is Urak Lionel. I was raised on Mon Calamari and joined the Alliance military after the world was attacked by the Empire. I eventually became a captain and was given the frigate El Aurim. I have served in several major campaigns, but as of recently I have become dissatisfied with my performance. I am here to gain my edge back. I look forward to working with all of you to that end."

TAG: Jello, Others

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.