1. Welcome back everyone! Wondering why everything looks different? Please visit HERE for more information!

Art Archive The Artistic Moose - updated 26/07/09

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by moosemousse, Jun 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I'm working on a picture atm and I'd like some opinions. It's a twi-lek stormtrooper. I need to re-do the outlines and re-scan it, but I'd like to know what people think of it so far.

Here it is.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Looking great so far and the lekku are nicely drawn
  3. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Hello moosemousse, and welcome to the Fan Art forum!

This is a good start on your character--a Twi'lek stormie...wonder what the Emperor would have thought of that...? ;) I like her face, and how you've drawn the lekku--the figure is a bit off proportion-wise, but nothing that can't be fixed. And if you'd like some online references for face and figure drawing, I'd be happy to pass on some of my favorites. Just say so, and I'll PM them to you. The armor looks pretty good so far, too. All in all some good work!

Keep on drawing, and again--welcome to Fan Art!

FF
  4. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I'd really like some help with drawing faces, it's one thing I'm completely useless at. I had to look at my Legacy comics to try and get the face and lekkus ok. I pretty much redrew the whole thing, I'll post it when I've scanned it.

I took some liberties with it, I wanted to do something that no one had ever done before. At the back of Legacy #0 it says that other species can be stormtroopers and that their armour would be modified to fit properly and I just thought 'why not twi-leks?'.
  5. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I redrew it in a better pose than it was.

link.

I'm having problems with it now, I can't find my graphics tablet pen and I suck at drawing with a mouse. :(
  6. 1Yodimus_Prime Jedi Master

star 4
    (found through your sig)

I like the concept, and that second one is an impressive improvement. Very clean too. You did a good job with the face. Also the armor. I hate drawing armor.

Watch out for proportions, though. The distance between the wrist and the elbow, and between the elbow and the shoulder joint, (on humans) are equal. That's the easiest thing to miss. Right now her forearms are a bit small. Also, she could pass for a superhero: her body is too big for her head! Very DC of you ;) The quickest and easiest way to get the head and body proportional is to start drawing with the head, and then use it as the measuring tool. The human body is around seven heads tall, give or take a brow. Since the upper and lower body are, much like the upper and lower arm, equal sizes, you can assume that the top half would need to be 3.5 heads.

Right now I'm seein' this: Twi'Lek Stormie

She's even a little big for eight heads - the typical size of your average comicbook superhero. Perhaps narrowing the waist and/or shoulders would help?

The ideal way to maintain proportion is to construct the underlayer of the form prior to adding the details. You would do this using basic shapes (but don't forget to keep volume in mind). If I had a Tablet, I would show you what I mean.

Anyway, it's a great idea, so good luck with it!
  7. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Thanks for that. The shoulders are probably too wide as I was thinking that the armour would add extra bulk, I think I added too much though. I'll probably go back to it at some point with a reference photo and sketch that over the top, drawing on the armour after I've done that. I'm working on a Jedi/Sith at the moment so the stormie will have to wait.
  8. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Look forward to your Jedi/Sith thing [face_peace]
  9. Blue_but_beautiful Force Ghost

star 4
    A great start moose :) small yet detailed faces are particuarly hard to draw, one slip of the pencil and it can go horribly wrong, that's not the case here though - great job, her Lekku seem to flow nicely too. Again the only things that seem out to me are the proportions, you have some nice clean lines to work with here so fixing them shouldn't be too much hassle. I also quite like your first version, sketchy-sketches always appeal to me :D
  10. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I like doing those kind of drawings, I often do them when I'm at the pub. I should get my own scanner at some point.
  11. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    moose, I'm enjoying your artwork. Looking forward to more :)
  12. -DARKSITHLORD- Jedi Padawan

nice sketch!! and a twi'lek stormtrooper? a good idea!!
  13. Mystralgurl Jedi Master

star 4
    I like the concept of a twi'lek stormtrooper also... I wish I could draw... but you've done very well so far!
  14. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Ack! I keep forgetting to do artsy stuff. I'll try and get something sorted out soon.
  15. SilSolo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    please finish this twilek stormie pic
  16. Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost

star 5
    Really looks great and I really like the foot prop in the original one, for possible details on the armor don't forget the colar of the underlieing glove suit. The best reference I can think of for this is to watch the Ep IV Detention Center footage of Han and Luke when they aren't wearing their helmets.

Best of luck and I look forward to seeing how they all come out!
  17. _Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master

star 4
    Looks great! A twi'lek stormtrooper, what an original idea. I like the detailing of the armor, and the lekku looks pretty.
  18. morrison85 Force Ghost

star 5
    A female stormtrooper that is interesing.-
  19. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I know this isn't a Star Wars piece, but I thought I'd share it anyway.

This is was just a quick job in DAZ Studio 3 to experiment with posing figures.

[image=http://moussemoose.googlepages.com/testrender2f.jpg]

The unblurred version

Edit:
    Another test thing, not Star Wars either but I'm still working out how to use the program. :)
  20. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    A quick sewer scene. :)

[image=http://th07.deviantart.net/fs46/300W/f/2009/196/2/3/Sewer_Scene_by_Angel_in_Black.jpg]
    Full size view

I've been trying to get more sci-fi settings and stuff for DAZ, hopefully I'll have something awesome soon.
  21. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    Wow, you are really a computer wizzard.

=D=
  22. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
  23. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Can I have some opinions on this? I'm thinking the blade looks a little flat, but I could just be tired.

[image=http://th04.deviantart.net/fs48/300W/f/2009/203/e/f/Jedi_Corridor_Test_by_Angel_in_Black.jpg]
    Full size view
  24. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I did some post-work on the blade and now it looks like this:

[image=http://moussemoose.googlepages.com/gsfc3d.jpg]

:)
  25. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    That looks spooky, but brilliant.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
Thread Status: