main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive The Artist's Cantina: A Social Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn, May 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Why isn't Han up in the mod block in this forum?

If I'm not mistaken, it may take a few days to get my name up there. But thanks for pointing that out, I'll look into it. :)

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Okay, folks...I want to try and get some things started in here.

For right now, I just want to let you know that I'm gonna start doing some housekeeping things(sifting through old informational threads, social threads etc.) and salvage what I think would be helpful.

I would also like to start up some activities that anyone can participate in, regardless of skill level.

So, here's the deal - if you have any suggestions or ideas that you would like to see taken into consideration, please feel free to PM me. Eventually, I will be starting a thread for pretty much the same purpose where we can discuss this as a community(unless everyone would rather discuss this here - let me know).

Remember...the goal here is to make this board better and fun for you. So, keep those ideas coming... :)

3. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    Okay, I'm going to do that Dooku poster I said I might do. I'm going to make that smiling pic work even if it drives me crazy! 8-}

4. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    That's great, DotF! I say go for it! :D

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    HS29 - I think any manager can update the block at the top to put your name in. Just ask over in MS.

6. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    Hmmm... Sounds like good stuff to me!

7. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Saving my work in a layered format is always the most important thing I do when I'm making posters and wallpapers.

I'm a terrible speller so if I make a spelling mistake I can correct it easily. I always keep saving my work over and over again as I'm making it in case the power goes out or something.

For the posters I'm making now I've saved a background with all the lettering I need so I don't have to keep making it for every new poster.

The second most important thing I do is to save my art to a back-up disc in case of my computer crashing. My computer did just that over the summer so thankfully all my artwork survived on the back-up discs I had put them on.

8. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Thanks, LAJ_FETT! :)

9. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Sep 1, 2001
    Okay, I'm done with my Dooku fixation. :p

10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Well, HS29 - the good news is that your name is in the header now.
    The bad news is that you can barely read it...

11. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I don't see it at all. :p

I think this is a clue for me to head to bed. ;)

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    The header has been fixed now - at last you can see your name up top!

13. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    The Fan Art Museum has finaly begun updating again. Some General Greivous and Darth Maul are highlighted.

14. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Thanks for the heads up, Gobi-1! I was just about to say something about that myself. ;)

15. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I just want to give a heads up to everyone here that tomorrow morning I will be leaving for North Carolina. I will be gone through New Year's and I'll be back sometime late next Monday. I may have limited internet access since my cousin is bringing his laptop with, but it all depends if we find a hookup. If he does, I'll be on just to check the forum to make sure there are no problems.

Just wanted to let everyone know. Seems to be quiet around here lately anyway, so I'm not really expecting any problems. I hope all of you have a Happy New Year! :D

16. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Sep 1, 2001
    You sure you want to come here? There's about four inches of snow on the ground where I live. :p

17. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Seriously? Oh boy, this is gonna be a fun trip. We still didn't have our first snow here in PA and when we head down south, we run into it. Figures. :p

We're going to the Outer Banks - you know if they got snow along the coast?

18. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Have a great trip Han, and a very Happy New Year! :) We'll all try to stay out of trouble while you're away! ;)

FF

19. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Sep 1, 2001
    No snow on the Outer Banks, but you might have to drive through it on the way there. I-95 through northeast NC is a killer.

20. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Thanks, FalconFan! :)

Hmm...well, that's good that they don't have snow there. I hope the roads are clear by tomorrow morning. [face_worried]

21. THEFORCE16

THEFORCE16 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2004
    I was born in NC but we moved to AZ soon after. I remember lots of green. Thats about it.

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    HS29 - I will be around so if anyone has any issues while you are away they can PM me.

23. SkyWook_Of_Xmas_Past

SkyWook_Of_Xmas_Past Jedi Youngling

Dec 6, 2003
    Cool thing to play around with: Chaoscope.

24. Rocie

Rocie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 15, 2003
    That IS cool looking.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas holiday. I did. :D

Fudge. Mmmmmm.

25. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Just saying I have an internet connection afterall down here. But it will be limited. I'll probably only sign on late at night for a few minutes. Anyway, LAJ_FETT, I really appreciate you looking after the forum till I get back. :)

And with that said, we did run into a bit of snow, but nothing too significant. Afterall, we did make it down here all in one piece. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.