1. Welcome back everyone! Wondering why everything looks different? Please visit HERE for more information!
  2. Welcome Guest. New feature: The Art of Disney…Now discussing:

Social The Artist's Lounge - Social Thread Ver. 2.0

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by HanSolo29, Jan 31, 2005.

Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    Dear Jaden, nice that you finally popped in here. Good decision!

[:D]

I am back from my trip to bird´s place and I posted photos of that trip in her fanart thread.

*still can not believe that her husband DU & she really got granted this

[image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/Benelux%20Fanforce%20acties/P3280450.jpg]

one here*
  2. Jaden1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Thanks :) I blurred the outside ones in purpose because I wanted the middle image to be the focal point. I am not a pro at it yet, but I do like to do it and have done a lot of them. I also like just experimenting and making banners of other things as well. I would not have gotten decent at using the program if I had not experimented so much!
  3. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    *is thrilled about the things to come*

So many new faces, so many new ways of express ones love to SW & many other things...

[face_dancing]
  4. Jaden1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Question: How would I go about submitting Icons and where do I do this???? My local FF is in need of a little variety in their icons and I have some ideas as well for other stuff. I like comedic things, but also want to put stuff out there that is needed. I see a very small number of Ben Skywalker icons, for example. Stuff like that. I am good and have a few exapmles from the Hayden site I once made buttons for...
    [image=http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g307/carrjammin/Keepers/kathyhumor.jpg]
    [image=http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g307/carrjammin/Keepers/addict1starquote.jpg] [image=http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g307/carrjammin/Keepers/haydendreamerlove.jpg] [image=http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g307/carrjammin/Keepers/BrookeROTSquote-1.jpg] [image=http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g307/carrjammin/Keepers/SithHappenskeeper.jpg]

I hope Brookie does not mind me putting hers up. CLick on them...the size proportions are all wrong here.

I suppose I can start a thread of my own with these, can't I? I did them for others on a hayden site, but it is exapmles of my work. ANd I have many others. it is not easy getting this stuff on a 150x70 pixel canvas!!!

So whaddaya think? Honestly.
  5. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    If my husband would not come out of the shower right now, being nicely dressed and smelling gorgeous, I would melt away for Hayden right now, Jaden.

[face_love]
  6. Jaden1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I was the "Keeper Keeper" at a big Hayden site, which will not be named because I respect the people there. They let me down big time and I resigned and left after a few months of doing it. The site did, not the "job". SO I have a lot that I made for people. I did not post my own. But I do not just do Hayden stuff, that was just because I want to work on some icons and that is a decent example of my ability of making small things. I mademy own icons there, but they were not as small as the ones here. But I can do icons very easily. The keepers were work and I loved it. I would love to do creative icons, not just pictures, but doing them in a new way. There needs to be more creativity in *some* of the icons, not just pictures. I like the fan-made icons a lot. I am using Ani Solo right now because I just like him. :p

Is there an icon thread? I forget where it is. Oh and I am glad you are drooling over Hayden. I just got sick of the site I was on being taken over by Twilight. It was supposed to be Hayden and we who did not care for Twilight got mistreated and tossed aside. Just ask a few who are HERE, now. I am not trashing THEM, just that they did not do their job in modding and making sure the group stayed true to what it was there for and I saw it going downhill. It was so sad for me. I love Hayden. I am a huge fan. And it was a tough decision to make to leave it. But I kept touch with friends there and I will always say that there are positive things at that site. Just not in the forum at this point. But I have not been there lately so I would not know, nor do I care. HERE is where I am and I love it. But what gets me is even the Hayden threads here are filled with Twilight teeny-boppers. (No offense to Twilight teeny-boppers...LOL!) So I just have to love Hayden to myself. :(
  7. Kiyuuchan Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Don't worry about being here ^__^
    We have such a nice community.

I also go to other forums where it's not so nice... a lot of people want to argue if you disagree...
    Just ignore people like that. Some people are weird :/
  8. Jaden1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I do not mind arguing. But wow, some people are vile about it, aren't they? You cannot even speak if they do not like what you have to say!
  9. Cheveyo Force Ghost

star 5
    Geeez, Twilight is frickin' everywhere!! I'm starting to think I might have to read that book. lol
  10. Jaden1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I refuse. [face_not_talking] They ruined it for me. The fans did. I will never see it. I hate to say I hate something without seeing it, but, wow, I cannot even think of it. I hate it so much. But I do not care if others like it. It was not okay for me to not like it, where I came from. The site I came from, that is. A freidn of mine got a nasty PM from someone because she did not like it. It was rediculous. If Twilight fans are THAT childish, I do not want to be a fan. That is basically how I felt. But this is an art thread so I shall digress...
  11. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    I loved Spike the Vampire from the BUFFY series. Lestat & all other Anne Rice vampires also were interesting, when I read the books a couple of years ago. But TWILIGHT is not my thing at all. A dear study pal of mine got me hooked up with Charlaine Harris & her vampire novels last week... [face_love]

The heroine of that book is a gorgeous lass with deep thoughts. I like that. And her vampire sweetheart is a credible character, too, with a lot of depth. Due of being a huge Jane Austen fan, I love witty, funny books with a real plot.
  12. Jaden1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    ^^^I read the end of your message and I wanted to add to the end "...as opposed to certain OTHER vampire books out right now." BAD Jaden. BAD BAD Jaden. O:)
  13. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    @};-

Good Jaden, good Jaden.
  14. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    A while back, the idea of having Fan Art Awards was brought up here in the social thread. It seemed to go over pretty well at the time but then it fell away.

I was just wondering if anyone was still interested in holding these. Summer's right around the corner and I figured if we were to do them, that would be the perfect time. So, what do you say?
  15. Kiyuuchan Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I would say yeah ^__^
    What would they be ?

I can't believe it's almost summer ! Where does the time go ?
  16. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    I was thinking to do something similar to the Fan Fic awards. We would have different categories and I would allow you guys to nominate your favorites. At the end of the nomination period, the finalists will go onto a vote and the winners will get colors and a title for a week.

However, I wanted to see if there would be enough interest before I start putting together the categories. And of course, I would be open to your suggestions on what categories you would like to see.
  17. QueenMother_LK Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm sorry to hear that they ruined it for you. [:D] The books are actually a fun read, and you can read them without getting all up in the fandom craziness. But that's just a suggestion. [face_peace]

most of them are children :p

Also I like the idea of having awards! =D=
  18. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    Han, that would be cool! I love awards and happy winners holding speeches... [face_dancing]

19. Jaden1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Maybe one day. I was going to go see it because I prefer to make judgments about things I know about. I was. But I fully tell people I have not seen it and I do not like it. I am honest. It is not something that appeals to me anyway. I am not into chick flicks (or books for that matter) and I do not like vampires. So it is not something I would normally read or see. It just turned into an adversion when other people started getting in my face about it and getting snubbed if they did not like it and then it happened to me when I laughed at a friends's joke on the board I was on at the time.

You never know, QM, I may see it and like it. But right now, I am so mad, I think seeing it or reading the book is a bad idea. I need to wait until I am in a mindset that I do not think I will hate it. (I try to be rational.)
  20. Kiyuuchan Jedi Youngling

star 2
    The Twilight dvd is out now, so we're probably going to hire it...
    There's this really great author, Kelley Armstrong who writes amazing books about werewolves and vampires... I'm not really into that stuff, but LOVE her work... she converted me [face_mischief]

I haven't read Twilight at all, I just haven't had time and thought I really need to read that...
    I probably will because I want to know what the fuss is about ^__^
  21. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    I love clever books such as Jane Austen, Terry Prachett, Charlaine Harris, John Grisham, Martha Grimes, Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson...

:D

As long as a book is written with a lot of wits, humour, love and depth, I read it. Drama, commedy, crime, thriller, SF, horror, fantasy, classic...
  22. Jaden1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I never liked to read anything before the SW novels. I never had the attention span for movies either. My Bipolar really messes with my nerves and also I have ADD (not the ADHD---I am not hyperactive) and have a hard time concentrating at times. But I am so mesmerized by the SW movies, I can sit and watch them. And the books, most of the time I can read them. I sometimes have trouble with reading because of the attention issues, but before the SW books, I hated reading for that reason. Now, though, I love the SW novels so much that I work hard on reading them and enjoy the effort. I lik Kevin J. Anderson too. The YJK books are good. And I am 33!!! I am in the NJO, and I am disappointed (but not surprised, I am not happy with what I know about the series). I also have The Last of the Jedi series which I love too. :D
  23. Kiyuuchan Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I love reading too... I'm waiting for my copy of outcast to arrive. I can't sit still in my chair I am so excited... and it is days away !!!

Is it silly to be this excited over a book, lol :p
  24. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    No, it is not silly to be overexcited about books, dear K! It feels devine.

[:D]

And Jaden, when I listen to you than I know that there is hope for some of the special children that I work with.

@};-
  25. Jaden1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    LOL, Azure, that is so cute. The "special" children. I wish I had gotten help when I had panic attacks everyday because of bipolar. My mom was in denial. I was 9 and my world was crumbling. I am 33 now and life is beginning for me. I have been in treatment for Bipolar for 7 years and I feel like a 7-year-old sometimes. LOL!!! Trouble likes to follow me because I stand up for what I think is right. But that is just me. I am a nice person, even if I get mad and disagree, I still will not hold it personally. But it seems people do not feel the same way. :(
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider