main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The Artist's Lounge - Social Thread Ver. 2.0

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by HanSolo29 , Jan 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Oh don't even get me started about my home PC! It got infected with a virus and I've had to do a major cleaning to it and upgrade my virus protection software! Such a pain! :mad:

I really hate adware and spyware programs now!

Anyway, so we're like 83 days out now for the big movie and I'm busy trying to get some last minute ROTS drawings done. I should have a new one up in my thread this weekend. Anyone else doing the same?

Later,
    DZ

2. gatodama

gatodama LFL Artist star 3 VIP

May 17, 2002
    hello,

thought i would chime in on the computer problems....i have been reinstalling everything i have on to my computer as windows service pack two completely mangled my windows opperating system.... i had to have my hard drive wiped clean....blahhhhhghghgg

on a good note... all of my files were saved including my star wars reference pics and my ROTS sketchcard scans...i would have been inconsolable had i lost the card scans as i don't have them anymore to scan... you all will have them and i would have had to hunt you all down so i could scan them again...so count your blessings....... ;)

3. corellian_chic242

corellian_chic242 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 17, 2003
    Harddrive wipes = no good

I'm glad you were able to save your stuff, though. :)

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yea, unfortunately I know what hard drive wipes are like. That's what I had to do to my computer a few weeks ago and why I lost Photoshop. Stupid me forget to make a backup of it and when I went to reload it onto my computer, I discovered I lost the disc. Luckily for me my cousin had a backup. ;)

And since we're on the topic of computers, I just ordered a DSL connection and it should be hooked up sometime next week. Finally I can get off this SLOOOW dial-up! I can't wait! :D

Reckless_Corellian likes this.
  5. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    I was wondering where the old cantina had got to...

Nice renovations. ;)

Are we still talking about "mediums"? If not, oh well...deal with it. :p

I use digital because I can't draw worth bantha poodoo. I love to take over peeps images and make it to something um...different? I love photoediting software! Even if I don't know how to use 2/3 of the ones I have...even if I do suck at making icons... :(

HanSolo29, congrats on the DSL! I have DSL at home and I love it. ;)

6. corellian_chic242

Feb 17, 2003
    They don't have DSL service where I live.... Primitive, I know. My dad gets it through Adelphia, but my mom had dial-up.... Finally got fed up with it and cancelled a few days ago.

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Really? Well, my area isn't much better. I think it was only recently that our area got DSL service. I like pretty much out in the sticks (think rural Lancaster Co. AKA: the Amish area) and we're usually the last to get everything.

Reckless_Corellian likes this.
  8. corellian_chic242

Feb 17, 2003
    I live in the equivilant (sp?) of Lancaster, but in Virgina. The rest of the state makes fun of poor old Greene county.... But so do I, cuz I'm not a native. :p

9. Rocie

Rocie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 15, 2003
    I've got cable internet that is guarenteed to always be fast. Yeah, right. It is faster than dial-up, but sometimes it just doesn't work well.

At least I can have it. My mom lived across the street from being able to have dhl internet. Such a short distance, and being left out because of it. And it wasn't even a very wide road!

10. corellian_chic242

Feb 17, 2003
    My mom lived across the street from being able to have dhl internet.

Oh, man! I wouldn't be able to handle that.

11. gatodama

May 17, 2002
    thats like giving you milk and having the cookies on a unreachable pole in front of your face......

so not fair.......

use the FORCE Rocie...it is your only hope

12. corellian_chic242

Feb 17, 2003
    Hmmmm.... To wake this up, a new topic: What is your favorite thing to draw? People? Landscapes? Ships?

I personally love drawing people, aliens and such. I have experimented with ships and weapons and stuff, but.... The results were embarrassing. ;)

13. gatodama

May 17, 2002
    people, people, people,..and...............people.

14. corellian_chic242

Feb 17, 2003
    IT'S ALIVE! *lightning and thunder* ;)

I seem to have a twin. ;)

Do you do portraits, figures, faces....? I always do conceptual-style figures; little to no shading, little expression (most cuz I can't :p ).... My focus is usually the attire.

15. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    If you've seen my thread you know I'm mostly drawing people too! ;)

I like to get inventive though whenever I'm drawing weapons such as lightsabers. Add my own little techno flare to the hilts and I always give the blades a little something extra too! [face_mischief]

I really enjoy taking on challenges and so far that's been drawing General Grievous. When I first started drawing him, I was asking myself "what have I gotten myself into", now I'm like "yeah this guy's so fun to draw"! :D

-DZ

16. Sithly_Angel

Sithly_Angel Jedi Youngling

Feb 26, 2005
    I have done a Grievous pic that I'm very proud of; just a pencil drawing. I wish I could get it up to show you guys....

17. SkyWookiee

SkyWookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2003
    I mostly draw people - because I can't draw landscapes and ships. Maybe that's why I like looking at that art more - I'm jealous. Sad, but true.

18. corellian_chic242

Feb 17, 2003
    Exactly the same with me, Sky. :(

Another question. Where do you host your work? Is it free? Is there a limit on the number of pictures? Is it a good site?

I'm trying to get an Elfwood gallery up, but it takes forever.... I'm looking for something a little quicker.

19. SkyWookiee

SkyWookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2003
  20. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Definitely people for me. I'm currently working on improving my skills on drawing the figure, but at the moment I'm mostly doing portraits and faces. An occasinal full body pose may pop up now and then, but not often. ;)

Great topic, btw. :)

21. Esira

Esira Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    Scince I've got the hang of drawing people its all I've been drawing, mostly full figure drawings though. Except at school where we have to do various still life objects like..potted plants...tea pots.... [face_tired]
    But recently I've been focusing on portraits which is quite intresting!

Oh, and I have no idea how people can live without Cable/DSL/Broadband/whateva judging on the amount of bandwidth I use up lol! :)

22. corellian_chic242

Feb 17, 2003
    Esira, I know what you're talking about! I hate art class.... I would much rather draw in my sketchbook than elaborate on a famous work, draw my dream, blah blah.... [face_frustrated]

I'm currently working on improving my skills on drawing the figure....

The figure is all I draw, but I'm working on perfecting it. The limbs always look really fake, so I'm studying the musculature.... I'm hoping it will help dramatically. :)

EDIT: ARGH! I just got an account at Photobucket, but I can't upload anything. [face_frustrated]

23. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Oh my! Blasphemy! Hate art class? :eek:

Then again, we don't just draw still-life. At the moment, we're working on the figure. We get to have a live model come in and pose for 6 weeks total. Fun times... :p

And I finally got my DSL hooked up today! I love it! [face_dancing]

24. DarthMaul431

DarthMaul431 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2003
    I can only wish of having DSL right now. What sad is that I live in an area that's had DSL service for a while now, the Bronx (please, before anyone assumes that I'm part of a gang and attempts to ask me, the answer is NO. I don't live in the slummy neighborhoods and believe it or not, I have never actually seen a gun in my presence - ever. I hate it when everyone brings up that stereotype! Sorry about that -- I just get really mad when people do that. There are good parts of the Bronx too you know).

Back to the DSL situation, the only time I get to use any form of hi-speed internet is when I go to my aunt's house. She's got Optimum Onlineand I cherish every moment I can get to have with it.

25. corellian_chic242

Feb 17, 2003
    I know, it sounds really bad, HS, but I'm in Mixed Media. [face_plain] Mosaics, ceramics (which was cool), and stuff I'm not interested in. We don't have just a "drawing" class, which makes me mad times ten.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.